The Manchester United Thread

Since playing in Europe Falcao has scored 155 goals in 200 appearances. That is just insane!

That's up there with Ronaldo/Messi. Incredible record.

Yeah I was thinking similar and it no doubt would be even better if he wasn't injured for half of last season. Can't wait to watch him in the premier league.

In one word. Excellent.

De Maria - our best signing and truly world class in his peak. He added something we didn't have since Ronaldo's days, pace and great dribbling skills. With him we got a hard working midfielder and a winger in one packet. 10/10

Herrera - a energetic physical b2b midfielder who can both defend and attack. Close ball control in tight situations and a good passer. In him we got loyal player who will wear our shirt with pride. 8/10

Shaw - the jury is still out but going from his last season he has everything needed as Evra's replacement. Strong left footed with pace. If he develop as we expect he will soon become a bargain. 9/10

Blind - intelligent with good passing ability. Maybe our most important player if we want to play with 4 defenders. If he slots in well and makes us tic then our chances to make top4 increase dramatically. Not first choice but 7/10

Rojo - let's flip a coin. He has the tools to be a world beater, but he can also end up as a new Skrtl. Brings pace, steel and a good left foot to our set up. If everything goes well he's a 9/10, but so far I say 7/10. Time will tell.

Falcao - two years ago 10/10 without any hesitation. Today..... who knows. I agree with LVG, if a player of his calibre is available we must act. With van Persie unfit and Rooney a little bit off we needed a new striker. Welbz and Chica was good but not enough if we wanted to compete on highest level. 8/10 with potential to be a super hit.
All in all a great summer. Well done Woody, you hold on to your words. Watch this space! (And we did) Pretty much what I think.

Also happy with the deadwood we have got rid of this window, and that some of our youngsters have gone out on loan to get game time. Was not going to get rid in 1 window, over the next 2 I expect LVG to have the squad he wants before going onto the youth side of his project.

I'm torn. For 6 transfers and the amount of money spent, the team still looks unbalanced.

I'm torn. For 6 transfers and the amount of money spent, the team still looks unbalanced.

We still need a strong DM but apart from that I don't see how it is unbalanced. If we switch to 4 man defense then we have good cover in all positions.

GK: De Gea, Lindegaard.

RB: Rafael, Valencia
CB: Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Evans, Blackett.
LB: Shaw, Rojo and Blind can play there.

CM/DM: Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Di Maria

AM: Mata

Wingers: Januzaj, Di Maria

ST: Rooney, Falcao, RVP, Wilson.

I would say 1 strong DM would solve most of the defensive problems and hopefully Blind can do that.

We still need a strong DM but apart from that I don't see how it is unbalanced. If we switch to 4 man defense then we have good cover in all positions.

GK: De Gea, Lindegaard.

RB: Rafael, Valencia
CB: Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Evans, Blackett.
LB: Shaw, Rojo and Blind can play there.

CM/DM: Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Di Maria

AM: Mata

Wingers: Januzaj, Di Maria

ST: Rooney, Falcao, RVP, Wilson.

I would say 1 strong DM would solve most of the defensive problems and hopefully Blind can do that.
No Fletcher,James,Young,Anderson ;)

I was one of many who were jumping on Woodwards back during this transfer window boy i was wrong, makes me wonder what happened last year it cant be just because of moyes, their must be more to that story.

I was one of many who were jumping on Woodwards back during this transfer window boy i was wrong, makes me wonder what happened last year it cant be just because of moyes, their must be more to that story.
Was a combination of everything Moyes, chasing unrealistic targets, new manager, new CEO and on and on.

On MUTV at 13:00 there is a Falcao special and at 13:15 there is a Blind special. And UTD in press is on at 18:30. :)

Back