The Manchester United Thread

And yet he took that unfancied Inter team to a European title beating the brilliant Barcelona team along the way. First CL win in 50 years for the club wasn't it? Not to mention the unfancied Porto team as well. Anyways this is a tiresome argument anyways as I personally believe Ancelloti is a better manager myself but i would put Ancelloti, Jose and perhaps LVG in a bracket of their own in terms of sheer consistent winning and record of success in different leagues

And Pep won treble in his first ever season with a team that was broken and finished below Villareal. On top of that he won league titles in every season except 1. Before all this, his ability to innovate and try new things that puts him in top bracket. Proper visionary. The way he set up against Roma and pushed the defensive line as high as possible was just amazing. Never seen anyone tried to do that.

Yeah little tiresome and btw Carlo's league record is **** poor.

Are you for real?

Only Blind and Herrera have become core there, and he is a CL player with Ajax, Herrera with Bilbao and regular competitor of multiple comps. Rojo certainly on his way though

But even then Di Maria is the same at the very top.
That also ignores:
De Gea
Carrick
Rooney
Mata
Valencia (this might be clyne though)
Young
RVP (could yet leave)
Smalling
Jones

Our biggest target is a defender who can do it all, and is a world cup winner in Hummels....

Weak point to make

How exactly is it a weak point to make? Many of these players might be used to 2-3 competitions in less physically demanding leagues like Spain but are not used to having 4 competitions to deal with in a physically demanding league like the EPL with no winter break and fixture like-up at Christmas. Even Di Maria struggled with physical demands of the league despite being La Decima winner, La Liga winner and WC finalist

Considering that some of your players that will feature heavily will be people like Rojo, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Shaw who all have never played 4 comps together at once in a physically demanding league with no winer break. How exactly is it a weak point to make? In fact even LVG has never had to experience something like this although he is a very experienced manager so he will probably know what to do

One year without CL did this much damage, ****. It doesn't help that United didn't go through the group stages year before. But still, extremely optimistic.

Top 3 was the aim this year. Top 4 at the least. LVG probably got it, and thats with all injuries and some key player not clicking this season. I would love to see more consistent Di Maria. IIRC Robben was similar to Di Maria until LVG 'upgraded' him when he was at Bayern and Robben started to bloom. Lets hope he can do the same with Di Maria.

Aye, that plus others doing well has dropped is to 10th

Winning in PL doesnt mean he is the best. There is football outside PL.

Mate wtf are you talking about?! Will he only win the solitary PL title? If so I apologise.

But seriously he's been winning trophies and with not great teams sometimes (Porto, Inter CL esp) since we first took notice of him running down the byline celebrating with Porto beating us (Scholes/we wuz robbed in that match which I remember cos I was there).

Last edited:
Mate wtf are you talking about?! Will he only win the solitary PL title? If so I apologise.

I have made my points clear. For me Simeone's record is better than Jose's in last 2-3 yeas and that too on a **** budget.

How exactly is it a weak point to make? Many of these players might be used to 2-3 competitions in less physically demanding leagues like Spain but are not used to having 4 competitions to deal with in a physically demanding league like the EPL with no winter break and fixture like-up at Christmas. Even Di Maria struggled with physical demands of the league despite being La Decima winner, La Liga winner and WC finalist

Considering that some of your players that will feature heavily will be people like Rojo, Herrera, Blind, Di Maria, Shaw who all have never played 4 comps together at once in a physically demanding league with no winer break. How exactly is it a weak point to make? In fact even LVG has never had to experience something like this although he is a very experienced manager so he will probably know what to do

Did you ignore the majority who have?

Just want to hear peoples opinions on the possible replacement for LVG when he retires. The man himself if I remember said it should be Giggs that is the future manager. Or is it of the thought that in 2 years when LVG retires Pep will finally be ready to leave Bayern and come here as he confessed himself he would love to manage Utd.?

And Pep won treble in his first ever season with a team that was broken and finished below Villareal. On top of that he won league titles in every season except 1. Before all this, his ability to innovate and try new things that puts him in top bracket. Proper visionary. The way he set up against Roma and pushed the defensive line as high as possible was just amazing. Never seen anyone tried to do that.

Yeah little tiresome and btw Carlo's league record is **** poor.

Your yardstick is completely different from mine though. If it's about which manager was a true innovator who introduced completely new things to the game then obviously managers like Pep come to the fore with Jose being miles behind in that regard. In terms of consistency at the top with unfancied teams at times as well as record of winning in different countries then managers like Jose and Ancelloti stand out

Yeah Ancelloti's league record worse than Jose's but his 3 CL wins as well as the fact that he probably moulded the best Chelsea side I ever seen in the 09/10 season where we blew everyone out of the water with our attacking force makes me sway to his side a bit :p

The EPL isnt that much more physically demanding than La Liga, despite what Sky say.

They majority of the side have done this before, which is a stark difference to Liverpool. Crucially that includes our 3 most important players in Rooney, Carrick, De Gea. That pretty much ends the comparison right there. Moving on.

Nope but you also have to acknowledge that players whom you expect to play a key part in your season have not experienced it like this. Unfortunately 7 players don't win you titles and trophies but a team does. So it's not as trivial an issue as you want to make it out to be. If players like Herrera and Blind drop off injured next season then based on your current squad, its going to be hard to win the title

Just want to hear peoples opinions on the possible replacement for LVG when he retires. The man himself if I remember said it should be Giggs that is the future manager. Or is it of the thought that in 2 years when LVG retires Pep will finally be ready to leave Bayern and come here as he confessed himself he would love to manage Utd.?

Long way to go yet, much will depend on how much Giggs progresses in the next few years.

Nope but you also have to acknowledge that players whom you expect to play a key part in your season have not experienced it like this. Unfortunately 7 players don't win you titles and trophies but a team does. So it's not as trivial an issue as you want to make it out to be. If players like Herrera and Blind drop off injured next season then based on your current squad, its going to be hard to win the title

If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle. It's not the issue you make it out to be as the majority have experienced it.

Probably shouldnt be basing it on the current squad when its been explicitly stated that United need to strengthen

The EPL isnt that much more physically demanding than La Liga, despite what Sky say.

They majority of the side have done this before, which is a stark difference to Liverpool. Crucially that includes our 3 most important players in Rooney, Carrick, De Gea. That pretty much ends the comparison right there. Moving on.

Really? What exactly are you basing your comparison on which league is more physically demanding? Explain why Di Maria and many other foreign players struggle to adapt to the physical demand of the league which is well-documented throughout the past few years if their is no difference as you completely asserted

Also 3 players don't win you titles which is what you want to do next season

If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my aunt. It's not the issue you make it out to be as the majority have experienced it.

Its not as trivial an issue as you like to make it out to be either. If players like Shaw, Herrera, Blind, Rojo and Di Maria underperform then you won't win the title even if 7 players are at the top of their game

Really? What exactly are you basing your comparison on which league is more physically demanding? Explain why Di Maria and many other foreign players struggle to adapt to the physical demand of the league which is well-documented throughout the past few years if their is no difference as you completely asserted

Also 3 players don't win you titles which is what you want to do next season

Silva walked into it, as did Mata, and Aguero, and Costa, and Sanchez, and Azpilicueta, and Matic.

Bundesliga is played at a similar pace, the average ground covered is roughly the same across England, Spain, Germany

Its not as trivial an issue as you like to make it out to be either. If players like Shaw, Herrera, Blind, Rojo and Di Maria underperform then you won't win the title even if 7 players are at the top of their game

If, buts and maybes. You might as well say if everyone gets injured we cant field a team. If half of City dont perform, they dont defend a title. If half of Chelsea dont, they dont win one. Weird point

If, buts and maybes.

Thats what your argument has now shrunk to? It's not THAT serious a issue compared to other things sure but it's definitely something that can affect you so stop dismissing it completely

Thats what your argument has now shrunk to? It's not a serious issue sure but it's definitely something that can affect you so stop dismissing it completely

So as I said before, its not much of a problem then. Gotcha.

equal.png
Manchester United FC
ENG36.67116.05021.28526.3572.714103.078
Thats our co-efficient. Need a serious run next season because we lose 36 points