The Manchester United Thread

I have made my points clear. For me Simeone's record is better than Jose's in last 2-3 yeas and that too on a **** budget.

I also like Simeone. But he's still at the start of his career relative to Mourinho. He has the potential to be the best. To paraphrase some idiots let him come back in 10 seasons time and compare.

Err read the edited post. I figured you would straw man the original one when you had nothing left to say

Nothing straw man about what I said. I dont think you understand what straw man means. Moving on

I also like Simeone. But he's still at the start of his career relative to Mourinho. He has the potential to be the best. To paraphrase some idiots let him come back in 10 seasons time and compare.

I wonder if Simone will burn out though. Reminds me of Sacchi, so intense it burned him out mentally, in the way Guardiola burnt out and Bielsa just goes loco

Thats what your argument has now shrunk to? It's not THAT serious a issue compared to other things sure but it's definitely something that can affect you so stop dismissing it completely
What's your arguments? That BPL is most physical and fastest league? Chicarito came from Mexican league, which is slower and much less physical than BPL and he did just fine. Blind as well. You can argue the same from Rojo. Herrera was probably our best player in last 2 or 3 months, and he came from Spanish league which is less physical. Di Maria did OK this season. His problem isn't physicality of the league, its him not being consistent enough with his decision making.

Not all players can adopt, but Untied have really good record of buying foreign players who did a good job. Last foreigner who flopped and bought for first team was Forlan. And that was long time ago.

It's a really weak point you're making. How many world class players came into BPL and flopped?

Nothing straw man about what I said. I dont think you understand what straw man means. Moving on

yeap move on mate. Quite clearly you have run out of things to say for a while now. Still haven't explained why La Liga is now as physically demanding as the EPL

'Gotcha'

What's your arguments? That BPL is most physical and fastest league? Chicarito came from Mexican league, which is slower and much less physical than BPL and he did just fine. Blind as well. You can argue the same from Rojo. Herrera was probably our best player in last 2 or 3 months, and he came from Spanish league which is less physical. Di Maria did OK this season. His problem isn't physicality of the league, its him not being consistent enough with his decision making.

Not all players can adopt, but Untied have really good record of buying foreign players who did a good job. Last foreigner who flopped and bought for first team was Forlan. And that was long time ago.

It's a really weak point you're making. How many world class players came into BPL and flopped?

Dont be absolutely ridicuous would you. I never premised my arguments simply on the idea that the EPL is physically demanding. Please go back and read exactly what I said before rebutting phantom arguments

yeap move on mate. Quite clearly you have run out of things to say for a while now. Still haven't explained why La Liga is now as physically demanding as the EPL

'Gotcha'

I think I did actually: the average ground covered is the same, the tackles are largely the same when you stop watching El Clasico. the fact that its hasnt hampered the majority of stars who have come from spain to here should tell you that if you spent more than 3 minutes watching the game, and not listening to Sky's self proclamations.
I said moving on because you were babbling on and there are more interesting things to talk about.

Last edited:
So PSV's director confirms we've been asking about Depay. Also said the club isn't the most important part of the discussion, the player will pick which club he wants (includes PSG and someone else) after that they negotiate.

If we could tie down him, Clyne and Hummels before the end of the season that would actually be a dream

I think I did actually: the average ground covered is the same, the tackles are largely the same when you stop watching El Clasico. the fact that its hasnt hampered the majority of stars who have come from spain to here should tell you that if you spent more than 3 minutes watching the game, and not listening to Sky's self proclamations.
I said moving on because you were babbling on and there are more interesting things to talk about.

Is La Liga better than the Premier League? | Rafa Benitez Official Website

Do give it a read. If you spend more than minute looking beyond simple statistics then you might stop asserting quite so heavily. Do move on after this as well please. I could bring you tons of anecdotal evidence from actual players as well if you remain unconvinced

Also the only person babbling was you after you realised you couldn't respond to any of the arguments adequately and shrunk yourself entirely to 'if, buts and maybes'

Last edited:
Dont be absolutely ridicuous would you. I never premised my arguments simply on the idea that the EPL is physically demanding. Please go back and read exactly what I said before rebutting phantom arguments

I asked you what's your argument because I have no idea what it truly is. Is it United not having squad large enough for competing on 3 or 4 fronts? Maybe. Depends what kind of players United sign. And United WILL sign at least 3 players. This season we have stupid amount of injuries. This United team has large enough for 3 domestic cups/league if it wasn't for so much injuries. Maybe not quality wise, something like Bayern or Real, but good enough for good runs. With those 3 players, Untied will have more than enough options for rotation.

So PSV's director confirms we've been asking about Depay. Also said the club isn't the most important part of the discussion, the player will pick which club he wants (includes PSG and someone else) after that they negotiate.

If we could tie down him, Clyne and Hummels before the end of the season that would actually be a dream
I really think them 3 are pretty much done. Could be wrong but from what has been coming out in the last few weeks its looking good. On Depay if he has the pick that puts us even more stronger position!

I asked you what's your argument because I have no idea what it truly is. Is it United not having squad large enough for competing on 3 or 4 fronts? Maybe. Depends what kind of players United sign. And United WILL sign at least 3 players. This season we have stupid amount of injuries. This United team has large enough for 3 domestic cups/league if it wasn't for so much injuries. Maybe not quality wise, something like Bayern or Real, but good enough for good runs. With those 3 players, Untied will have more than enough options for rotation.

Err no, my argument has nothing to do with squad size. Do go back a few pages and give it a read because I have repeated it enough times to Mike.

I can actually see us signing 4-5 players 3 starters and 2 squad/youngsters.

Is La Liga better than the Premier League? | Rafa Benitez Official Website

Do give it a read. If you spend more than minute looking beyond simple statistics then you might stop asserting quite so heavily. Do move on after this as well please. I could bring you tons of anecdotal evidence from actual players as well if you remain unconvinced

Also the only person babbling was you after you realised you couldn't respond to any of the arguments adequately and shrunk yourself entirely to 'if, buts and maybes'

Thanks but in my job I get to speak to players and coaches.

Your argument was ifs buts and maybes. Return to the Chelsea thread, and send Subtle in your place.

Thanks but in my job I get to speak to players and coaches.

Your argument was ifs buts and maybes. Return to the Chelsea thread, and send Subtle in your place.

Wow now you decided to completely ignore the article and statiscal analyze it presents and go back to asserting your own stance without elaborating as usual. Yes my argument was speculative in nature but it's not something you can dismiss because many clubs have struggled in the season after getting back into the CL

Liverpool striker Aspas admits physically demanding Premier League - Tribal Football

Here is actual anecdotal evidence I found after a 2 minute search on google. So even in your best case scenario, your arguments are flimsy at best. I will post where I want tyvm

Err no, my argument has nothing to do with squad size. Do go back a few pages and give it a read because I have repeated it enough times to Mike.
Like I said, I did. And that's the only two things I can find that can be classified as your arguments. Thats why I asked you in the first place.

If anyone can clarify me what the heck is Alcaraz's argument, I would be forever grateful.

Like I said, I did. And that's the only two things I can find that can be classified as your arguments. Thats why I asked you in the first place.

If anyone can clarify me what the heck is Alcaraz's argument, I would be forever grateful.

Okay I'll make it clear to you. Many of United's important players such as Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Blind and Di Maria have never experienced playing 4 competitions at once in a physically demanding league like the EPL with no winter break whatsoever which could potentially be a problem next season

Mike. has already retreated into the territory of trying to claim the La Liga is as physically demanding as the EPL. Do you have any other more credible angle?

I can actually see us signing 4-5 players 3 starters and 2 squad/youngsters.

It depends on how many we shift out to be honest. We will still need a large enough squad for 4 comps. Helps the most of the regulars are used to multiple competitions, and fighting on all fronts. Can use the fringe and youth during the league cup so the others are fresh for group stages. I think definitely 3 in. Then after that it's all about who gets shifted and if they need replacing.

Okay I'll make it clear to you. Many of United's important players such as Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Blind and Di Maria have never experienced playing 4 competitions at once in a physically demanding league like the EPL with no winter break whatsoever which could potentially be a problem next season

Mike. has already retreated into the territory of trying to claim the La Liga is as physically demanding as the EPL. Do you have any other more credible angle?

Incorrect I said the EPL isnt that much more demanding than La Liga. Your point is all over the place so just stop posting here. Go PM vanjagl if he cares enough. I dont think anyone else does.