The Manchester United Thread

Thanks but in my job I get to speak to players and coaches.

Your argument was ifs buts and maybes. Return to the Chelsea thread, and send Subtle in your place.

Mesut Ozil: 'I struggled with physicality of Premier League' - Sports Mole

Premier League: Manchester United's Angel di Maria has adapted to life at Old Trafford and relishes the physicality of Premier League football | Football News | Sky Sports

Research Shows That EPL Requires A More Fit And Technical Player | Metrifit

Here is actual evidence of La Liga stars admitting the difference in physical demands between EPL and La Liga

Incorrect I said the EPL isnt that much more demanding than La Liga. Your point is all over the place so just stop posting here. Go PM vanjagl if he cares enough. I dont think anyone else does.

Thats because you decide to selectively target certain arguments and ignore the bigger picture. It's your point that is all over the place mate. If the EPL isn't that much more demanding that obviously both statistics and anecdotal evidence from players proves you wrong. Because if their was minimal difference then players wouldn't come out and say they struggled to cope. Plus you completely straw manned the wider context of my argument which was never about the difference between La Liga and EPL. Many players such as Blind and Rojo didn't come from La Liga

But yeah, as I already said. It's time for you to move on buddy

You always do this. You blaze in head first, don't actually read what people say, then argue all over the place to the point no one knows what you're on about anymore.

****, the initial point was that United wont be worried about playing on multiple fronts the way Liverpool did, because unlike Liverpool the majority of the players and staff at the club are geared towards it and used to it

And yet Silva, Mata, Sanchez, Aguero all thrived.

Hold on, the issue isn't whether La Liga players can adapt or not but whether their is minimal difference in the physical demands that either league puts on its players. You claimed their was minimal difference and I just showed you that their was significant difference. Don't confuse the issue

Okay I'll make it clear to you. Many of United's important players such as Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Blind and Di Maria have never experienced playing 4 competitions at once in a physically demanding league like the EPL with no winter break whatsoever which could potentially be a problem next season

Mike. has already retreated into the territory of trying to claim the La Liga is as physically demanding as the EPL. Do you have any other more credible angle?

Thanks for clarifying that. All of those players bar Shaw have played in at least 3 competitions for a long time. And it's not like they will be playing 2 games every weak. United has large squad and it will be even larger after this summer so there will be plenty of rotation. It's always a possibility for fatigue to kick in, but we can't tell anything for sure. If we look into the history, United players rarely had that issue, so I'm positive it will not happen.

Last edited:
Hold on, the issue isn't whether La Liga players can adapt or not but whether their is minimal difference in the physical demands that either league puts on its players. You claimed their was minimal difference and I just showed you that their was significant difference. Don't confuse the issue

No, no it wasn't. This why you shouldn't jump all over the place.

You always do this. You blaze in head first, don't actually read what people say, then argue all over the place to the point no one knows what you're on about anymore.

****, the initial point was that United wont be worried about playing on multiple fronts the way Liverpool did, because unlike Liverpool the majority of the players and staff at the club are geared towards it and used to it

Exactly and you turned this into a debate about whether the La Liga was as equally physically demanding as the EPL or not. Go back and read the way you selectively respond to parts of arguments before you blame others for not reading what you say

Thanks for clarifying that. All of those players bar Shaw have played in at least 3 competitions for a long time. And it's not like they will be playing 2 games every weak. United has large squad and it will be even larger after this summer so there will be plenty of rotation. It's always a possibility for fatigue to kick in, but we can't tell anything for sure. If we look into the history, United players rarely have that issue, so I'm positive it will not happen.

Which is what I said from the start.

Point_over_your_head.jpg

Not in the slightest son, i was just being pedantic. Just being i'm from Portsmouth doesn't mean i'm a thick **** ;)

Exactly and you turned this into a debate about whether the La Liga was as equally physically demanding as the EPL or not. Go back and read the way you selectively respond to parts of arguments before you blame others for not reading what you say

I qouted myself and used La Liga as part of example and also mentioned the Bundesliga.

No, no it wasn't. This why you shouldn't jump all over the place.

Friend, I never said players will not adapt. All I said was that it could potentially be a problem NEXT season since that's the first time all of them will have to play 4 competitions at once in a physically demanding league like the EPL with no winter break. So many players have struggled with the transition

I qouted myself and used La Liga as part of example and also mentioned the Bundesliga.

Meh suit yourself. Obviously you either didn't get my point or you chose not to understand it as respond selectively. Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough. Either way this is going around in circles so that's my last post on this matter

Physically demanding in what sense?

typical ground covered, tackles made, robustness of play etc. I wouldnt mention tempo because that varies between clubs in both leagues by some way

Physically demanding in what sense?

Many variables to it. The intensity at which players have to play for prolonged periods due to fast paced nature of the game. The way teams and defenders operate and the leeway referee's give as well as pyscological impetus from fans. The Benitez article from a few pages back nicely sums things up