The Manchester United Thread

Gundogan, guy who I cried (not really, but I was really annoyed) when United didn't even sniff around when he was in Nurnberg. Back then he was one of the best, if not the best young midfielder in Germany and he would cost less than 10 million euros. IF he comes to United, and IF he realizes his potential, then United will have truly amazing player.
Jonathan Harding @JonBloggs66 Reports from @DerWestenSport that Gündogan to #MUFC for €30m is agreed. Johannes Geis and Gonzalo Castro desired replacements. #bvb

Very reliable. Sebastian Wessling, one of the most reliable Dortmund journalists, wrote on Twitter that according to their information the deal is done for €30m. He's probably in the top 2 for Dortmund news. This was an answer from a Dortmund fan asking if source is reliable.

Tom McDermott: Looks like LVG would like his new signings to start training the first day of pre season. Early business will help.

If Gundogan gets anywhere near his level prior to his injury our team would be amazing to watch.

Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Sky Sources: Manchester United close to agreeing deal to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan in the summer #SSNHQ

DONE DEAL ON SSN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Sky Sources: Manchester United close to agreeing deal to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan in the summer #SSNHQ

DONE DEAL ON SSN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Strange signing... Great if he is anything like a few years ago but only a few months ago he was overweight and just recovering from an ACL injury

Strange signing... Great if he is anything like a few years ago but only a few months ago he was overweight and just recovering from an ACL injury
Played 5th amount of mins this season out of Dortmund players, and his stats offensive wise are as good this season as 2012/13 just his defensive stats are worse. Chuffed with this!

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117 Gundogan will be the first player of German nationality in the history of Manchester United. That’s surprising.

I suppose it all depends what Gundogan it is tbh
I have only watched him a few times, looks a bit off it fitness wise but his class,touch,technique,passing is still all there. I have spoken to lots Dortmund fans and say his fitness has improved no end through out the season, and expect him to be back to his best next year.

Rafael Hernández@RafaelH117 Gundogan will be the first player of German nationality in the history of Manchester United. That’s surprising.

Actually really surprised at this, to be honest.

Still, Gundogan - still young, classy player, just hope he gets back to the fitness he was.

Last edited:
Actually really surprised at this, to be honest.

Still, Gundogan - still young, classy player, just hope he gets back to the fitness he was.

Considering how LVG demands such high fitness from his players I wouldn't think we'd be making this signing if it was a doubt that he would. He's not come across as a lazy player whenever I've watched him, quite the opposite hard working and high work rate, so I think over time shouldn't be a problem.

In todays market £21m for a player of Gundogan's class and at only 24 is good business for us, also nice price for Dortmund but we've probably been fair with them to keep our good relationship. (For Hummels *cough*)

I just got home from work and saw this, im absolutely elated wanted him to come to United for the past 3 years.

Considering how LVG demands such high fitness from his players I wouldn't think we'd be making this signing if it was a doubt that he would. He's not come across as a lazy player whenever I've watched him, quite the opposite hard working and high work rate, so I think over time shouldn't be a problem.

In todays market £21m for a player of Gundogan's class and at only 24 is good business for us, also nice price for Dortmund but we've probably been fair with them to keep our good relationship. (For Hummels *cough*)
Yes plus the bargain we let them have Kagawa for. 21m Bargain 18 months ago would have been 40m ish. Him Herrera,Carrick what midfield. :)