The Manchester United Thread

Would De Gea be enough to satisfy the "Galactico signing" demand though? Obviously Real havent had the need to buy a keeper since forever but would it appease the fans to have De Gea as the big signing and not an outfield player?

Considering the side Real have, do they really need to spend big on a keeper? Surely a normal competent keeper would be enough for them considering the team they have and the 'we'll score more than you' football they play.

He's Spanish, and he'll likely become most expensive goalkeeper in history (record is still Buffon's I think?). So those 2 things help them a lot, marketing wise.

He would be one of my choices but Levy would proper shaft us. I would go for Leno from Leverkusen, has been fantastic this season and is young and can be a top GK for us for over a decade. Rumours are he could leave for 18m and that's a bargain for a keeper of his quality.

Again, it depends. I rather like Leno, but then again, he's young and could move. I mean, wasn't DDG going to be our top quality GK for the next decade (not that still can't happen, I would be gleeful, but chances are about even)

But then again, it's not like there is a lot of frequency in movement of keepers, atleast at top clubs, so it could work out. Levy will go nuts while and if he sells Lloris.

Can you really afford experimenting with another young keeper while rebuilding? Lorris can pretty much walk in and play at the top level. Day one.

2015041721021718398175.jpg
2015041413460385446982.jpg
The latest kit leaks. Not bad imo.

I'm so getting the Black. Other than our traditional Red, ofc.

Looks a bit too Chelsea. I'd go for the white as it's an 80's throwback but I just don't like the Chevy badge plastered on the front. Wouldn't mind it if it was just the name, but the badge as well...

Looks a bit too Chelsea. I'd go for the white as it's an 80's throwback but I just don't like the Chevy badge plastered on the front. Wouldn't mind it if it was just the name, but the badge as well...

Haven't really liked our away kit that much from the past few years;; But I love Black, and heh;; xD

That orange black/alternative reminds me too much of a goalkeeper's kit. Like late '00s Liverpool or Real Madrid even. The Chevrolet badge still looks terrible.

Everything else, otherwise, is decent I guess.

The orange black kit seems to be preparation for Dutch invasion!

One of my American mates was really surprised that United are sponsored by Chevy.
His words were...
"They are ******* junk and keep blowing trannies".

Took me a while before I realised He meant gear boxes. oO)

Manchester United are close to agreeing terms with French side Valenciennes for defender Dayot Upamecano.

This is not the first time the 16-year-old has been close to joining Man United as on deadline day but a deal fell through for ‘administrative reasons’. Renewed interest from Louis van Gaal would indicate his keenness to bring the youngster to United.

As Upamecano is so young, no transfer fee can exchange hands for him but reportssay Valenciennes want £700,000 training compensation having brought him through their academy, which is quite a substantial sum given his age.

Paul Hirst @hirstclass LVG keeping quiet about Memphis Depay in his press conference today: "I don't discuss it with the media. You know my answer"