The Manchester United Thread

LOOOOOOL Bluemoon website in meltdown mode :) They were certain after Metro linked him with them he was theres.

CDYc8neUUAANQQ4.jpg

Not mine but I find it amusing...

Lol - Ive just read that resident Utd dj Ashley Young said that LVG forces the team to listen to funky house prior to matches cos he (LVG) loves it.

I mean - Lol!

Lol - Ive just read that resident Utd dj Ashley Young said that LVG forces the team to listen to funky house prior to matches cos he (LVG) loves it.

I mean - Lol!
Theres a good video on YouTube with him dancing on the open top bus after Bayern won something. Listening to some hard house:)

Gundogan stuff really has exploded from near nothing. Wasn't linked with us that much, then when he was it was for a bit before outlets said we weren't interested anymore and City was... then this! Wouldn't surprise me if a few signings are like this.

Theres a good video on YouTube with him dancing on the open top bus after Bayern won something. Listening to some hard house:)

This one is the best - they dubbed Van Gaal with Hitler speeches.

[video=youtube;ttDhR3ghvic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttDhR3ghvic[/video]

Rio Ferdinand
@rioferdy5 If Gundogan is over his injury problems then he will be a fine signing. Intelligent player.

Paul Hirst @hirstclass LVG asked abt De Gea's contract talks earlier. He said:"It takes a long time now...I want him to stay... We have offered him a lot of money"

Paul Hirst @hirstclass LVG on DDG ctnd "The player is the boss. He can say yes or no. You will have to ask David de Gea (if he is staying), not me. He has to sign"

Not sure where does Gundogan fit in the squad, he's similar to Herrera in a lot of ways, at least that's how he played in Dortmund. I can't see that partnership working very well.

Not sure where does Gundogan fit in the squad, he's similar to Herrera in a lot of ways, at least that's how he played in Dortmund. I can't see that partnership working very well.

Much better from dictating play and passing on the ball than Herrera from what I've seen, reckon long-term replacement for Carrick more than anything.

De Gea's obviously going to be off, Valdes had multiple offers when leaving Barcelona, bit weird how he would end up here just to sit on the bench, regardless of the money factor.

Talks would of taken place ages ago and he would of signed contract by now if he was committed, unfortunately he'll be Madrid bound which I think is a shame but oh well his choice.

De Gea's obviously going to be off, Valdes had multiple offers when leaving Barcelona, bit weird how he would end up here just to sit on the bench, regardless of the money factor.

Talks would of taken place ages ago and he would of signed contract by now if he was committed, unfortunately he'll be Madrid bound which I think is a shame but oh well his choice.
Don't see how it's obvious at all tbh. He may be waiting to see if we get CL. LVG maybe trying to put pressure on him with this leaked info in contract talks. Not cut and dry by any means.

Much better from dictating play and passing on the ball than Herrera from what I've seen, reckon long-term replacement for Carrick more than anything.

Better at that, yeah, but worse defensively and doesn't have quite a shot. But they have very similar style. Hard working, very mobile, always looking to drive the ball forward. Certainly a bit of a surprise transfer, in any case. Now just need De Jong and the midfield is set.

Ah but you're forgetting he's only in United because of injury. He most likely had a lucrative contract in PSG or Monaco already lined up, before he tore ACL. And in January not many teams would risk bringing a new first choice keeper.

Last edited:
Better at that, yeah, but worse defensively and doesn't have quite a shot. But they have very similar style. Hard working, very mobile, always looking to drive the ball forward. Certainly a bit of a surprise transfer, in any case. Now just need De Jong and the midfield is set.

Ah but you're forgetting he's only in United because of injury. He most likely had a lucrative contract in PSG or Monaco already lined up, before he tore ACL. And in January not many teams would risk bringing a new first choice keeper.
Your right there mate, he was set for Monaco and even had a contract with them before he got injured. They chose to cancel it and had to pay Valdes compo for doing so. We were the only one remotely interested after his injury, and his relationship with LVG was factor also.

Back