The Manchester United Thread

LVG needs to stop starting Fellaini end of its just making the team look lobsided now other teams just mark him out the game. And in doing this is forcing other players out of position. Valencia needs to be dropped cant cross his legs let alone a football. Mata needs to be dropped in games like this as we need genuine witdth.

louis van gaal should'nt start same players almost every match should start di maria and drop mata

I don't blame the STRs today, RVP was reduced to shots outside the box as Fellaini was playing up top for some strange reason. And Rooney playing in CM was always going to be to the detriment of the team.

I actually initially liked the idea...i thought we were going to be going more direct i.e more crosses the box

But we still kept keeping some boring possession....

We need to learn to change the system against a completely defensive side. The striker is too isolated and we need width on both sides, Valencia should be stuck to the touchline but he's too worried about defensive shape when it shouldn't be an issue against a solitary striker. A wide 4-2-3-1 would force them to defend more crosses or stretch them wider and create gaps, and would get the best out of Rooney or Mata as a #10

We need to learn to change the system against a completely defensive side. The striker is too isolated and we need width on both sides, Valencia should be stuck to the touchline but he's too worried about defensive shape when it shouldn't be an issue against a solitary striker. A wide 4-2-3-1 would force them to defend more crosses or stretch them wider and create gaps, and would get the best out of Rooney or Mata as a #10
That's the problem with this system with Rooney in CM and Fellaini there both more 10s/STRs than CMs and drift forward. I lost count the amount of times Herrera was left stranded and frustrated with no one in CM to pass to. Don't get me started on Valencia, the most frustrating player at the club and not in a good way! And we need a different type of STR one who can stretch defences like Rooney when he plays up there.

No Carrick no party
We need some strengthening in the summer! We have to stop playing Rooney and Fellaini in CM. We need to stop playing Valencia at RB. We need a top CB. We need cover at LB so when Shaw is injured and Carrick we don't play Blind at LB when he should be covering for Carrick.

To be fair Myhill had a great game, we could have at least got an equalizer if he didn't. Still, a gutless performance and once again the whole team looks as if they are on holiday already.

Luckily it came now...Some united fans say its the worst time to go through a slump but i think its the best time...

Only thing we are fighting for was 2nd or 3rd but it looks like we're finishing 4th...

Liverpool have chelsea away next so i'm still confident regardless....

Back