The Manchester United Thread

Luckily it came now...Some united fans say its the worst time to go through a slump but i think its the best time...

Only thing we are fighting for was 2nd or 3rd but it looks like we're finishing 4th...

Liverpool have chelsea away next so i'm still confident regardless....

If quite a bit of a big IF liverpool beat chelsea i can see them getting 4th as we won't beat palace or arsenal.

They won today which will help them you'd think.

You're too negative...just be a bit positive...

Van gaal just never makes things easier than it should be...we should be seeing out top 4 with ease...not this...

Even without carrick, its west brom ffs...i actually thought herrera had a good game provided he was playing carrick's role...

You're too negative...just be a bit positive...

Van gaal just never makes things easier than it should be...we should be seeing out top 4 with ease...not this...

Even without carrick, its west brom ffs...i actually thought herrera had a good game provided he was playing carrick's role...
I actually feel more confident against Palace away and Arsenal at home. Simply because Pardew has palace playing open attacking football same goes for Arsenal, which will give us more space. But LVG has gotta stop playing players out of position!

I actually feel more confident against Palace away and Arsenal at home. Simply because Pardew has palace playing open attacking football same goes for Arsenal, which will give us more space. But LVG has gotta stop playing players out of position!

Amazing how we've reverted back to the mid season **** after beating liverpool and city, i mean west brom at home ffs.

I just don't see how we'll score nevermind win against arsenal or palace.

Amazing how we've reverted back to the mid season **** after beating liverpool and city, i mean west brom at home ffs.

I just don't see how we'll score nevermind win against arsenal or palace.
They will be far more open and wont sit with 11 men behind the ball. The thing that baffled me today was LVG strange player positions, and team he picked. We really need to strengthen in CM in the summer so we are not playing Herrera at DM, Rooney at CM and we have enough cover for injuries. LVG plan goes to **** when the CM is not balanced, hence why he was devastated when he lost Strootman for the WC. And hes got to stop shoe horning Rooney and RVP in the team also. That's why I want RVP and Falcao gone and someone like Ings in as back up so Rooney can play up top and keep our shape/system in tact, like against City,Pool,Spurs etc.

They will be far more open and wont sit with 11 men behind the ball. The thing that baffled me today was LVG strange player positions, and team he picked. We really need to strengthen in CM in the summer so we are not playing Herrera at DM, Rooney at CM and we have enough cover for injuries. LVG plan goes to **** when the CM is not balanced, hence why he was devastated when he lost Strootman for the WC. And hes got to stop shoe horning Rooney and RVP in the team also. That's why I want RVP and Falcao gone and someone like Ings in as back up so Rooney can play up top and keep our shape/system in tact, like against City,Pool,Spurs etc.

A full season with rooney as our number 9 and ings fecking ings as back up does not sit well with me.

Wayne might be the most hot and cold player/striker we have and maybe in the league.

Oh lord, so much drama again. Look, there aren't any genius tactics that you can use vs. team that defends with 10 man in the box. And patient possession football actually works the best. Pass that ball around, stay calm, and hope you can score either from sa set piece or a half chance. There's just no space in the box to create a real sitter. You've had a pen, open goal chance by McNair from a setpiece and fuckton of half-chances. Someone should've scored from those, they didn't, that's just football.

Stupidly letting go of possession was main problem when chasing the score, far too many unprepared crosses and longshots that were always predictably blocked, instead of just keeping the pressure up and looking for an opening.

A full season with rooney as our number 9 and ings fecking ings as back up does not sit well with me.

Wayne might be the most hot and cold player/striker we have and maybe in the league.
Rooney may not be the the STR he was but play him up top with a good balanced team around him and he will get goals easy. Ings would be good back up and would fit the system very well. If we go into next season with the same STR we have now, expect to see the same shoe horning and Rooney in CM as we are now.

Oh lord, so much drama again. Look, there aren't any genius tactics that you can use vs. team that defends with 10 man in the box. And patient possession football actually works the best. Pass that ball around, stay calm, and hope you can score either from sa set piece or a half chance. There's just no space in the box to create a real sitter. You've had a pen, open goal chance by McNair from a setpiece and fuckton of half-chances. Someone should've scored from those, they didn't, that's just football.

Stupidly letting go of possession was main problem when chasing the score, far too many unprepared crosses and longshots that were always predictably blocked, instead of just keeping the pressure up and looking for an opening.
Come on mate you have to admit there was some very strange decisions today Fellaini up top and RVP and Rooney in midfield. I could understand but we weren't even playing any balls up to Fellaini so players could play off him. If were going to play possession and fast tempo footy the Fellaini has to be sacrificed imo. Just the constant shoe horning and having to play RVP and Rooney is frustrating and don't make any sense at all and only hinders the team. Yes we could of scored 4 but still some strange tactical decisions today.

Rooney may not be the the STR he was but play him up top with a good balanced team around him and he will get goals easy. Ings would be good back up and would fit the system very well. If we go into next season with the same STR we have now, expect to see the same shoe horning and Rooney in CM as we are now.

We won't get anywhere with rooney and ings as our main strikers.

If we weren't on a cold streak, i would have taken today as one of those days where the ball just wouldn't go in the net for us....

We won't get anywhere with rooney and ings as our main strikers.
I think we will be fine with Rooney up top and Ings and Wilson as back up. Add to that goals from wide areas which LVG also wants. Don't think goals will be a problem. They aint many STRs out there that will be happy being number 2 and most of the good young STRs are taken

I think we will be fine with Rooney up top and Ings and Wilson as back up. Add to that goals from wide areas which LVG also wants. Don't think goals will be a problem. They aint many STRs out there that will be happy being number 2 and most of the good young STRs are taken

Again Rooney will go 5 games hot and 5 cold or get injured and when that happens we can't have fecking ings leading the line if we want to be competitive.

Again Rooney will go 5 games hot and 5 cold or get injured and when that happens we can't have fecking ings leading the line if we want to be competitive.
Goals aint the problem its the balance of the team. We have shown we can score goals against the best in the league. And tbh Rooney hardly misses games through injury and more often than not scores goals when playing as an STR. Who would you sign then, that would be happy sat on bench?

Goals aint the problem its the balance of the team. We have shown we can score goals against the best in the league. And tbh Rooney hardly misses games through injury and more often than not scores goals when playing as an STR. Who would you sign then, that would be happy sat on bench?

No clue as i don't know who will be happy to be rotated and 2nd choice at united. What i would do though is sign 2 midfielders as we've shown without carrick and against sides who park the bus the likes of blind, herrera and fellaini are not all that.

No clue as i don't know who will be happy to be rotated and 2nd choice at united. What i would do though is sign 2 midfielders as we've shown without carrick and against sides who park the bus the likes of blind, herrera and fellaini are not all that.
Agree we defo need at least 2 CMs. Herrera was best player today, and Fellaini should only be used off the bench imo very limited player.

Back