The Manchester United Thread

Agree we defo need at least 2 CMs. Herrera was best player today, and Fellaini should only be used off the bench imo very limited player.

Likely only sign one if we go gung ho for bale and also look at depay and then add in a cb, rb and possibly a new keeper.

Likely only sign one if we go gung ho for bale and also look at depay and then add in a cb, rb and possibly a new keeper.
Be interesting to see what youth LVG takes on tour this year. I reckon Pearson,Pereira,Janko,Mensah,Rothwell maybe a couple more.

I actually feel more confident against Palace away and Arsenal at home. Simply because Pardew has palace playing open attacking football same goes for Arsenal, which will give us more space. But LVG has gotta stop playing players out of position!

Pardew and wenger aren't fools....they'll watch these past games and be like "Lets park the bus and counter"

Wenger did it vs city at the etihad

Pardew and wenger aren't fools....they'll watch these past games and be like "Lets park the bus and counter"

Wenger did it vs city at the etihad
Pardew has never played like that with any team he has managed, his Palace teams have had a go at all the big teams this season under him. And Wenger wont fear us like City as he thinks they are better than us and will think they can play us off the park.

Pardew has never played like that with any team he has managed, his Palace teams have had a go at all the big teams this season under him. And Wenger wont fear us like City as he thinks they are better than us and will think they can play us off the park.

He didn't do that at the FA cup...

Oh lord, so much drama again. Look, there aren't any genius tactics that you can use vs. team that defends with 10 man in the box. And patient possession football actually works the best. Pass that ball around, stay calm, and hope you can score either from sa set piece or a half chance. There's just no space in the box to create a real sitter. You've had a pen, open goal chance by McNair from a setpiece and fuckton of half-chances. Someone should've scored from those, they didn't, that's just football.

Stupidly letting go of possession was main problem when chasing the score, far too many unprepared crosses and longshots that were always predictably blocked, instead of just keeping the pressure up and looking for an opening.

Still need 5 from 9 if Liverpool win every game

Ian Ladyman saying on Sunday Supplement that RVP wants to stay and Utd will likely run down his contract. Also said we are after a worldclass STR as LVG sees Rooney in another role. De Gea has been offered a big money deal as they want to keep him, but his people have not replied to the offer yet. Also said we are after Bale and even if we sign him we will still have enough to get the rest of our targets, and expects a fiar few players coming in early this summer.

Sorry but I thought yesterdays performance was total dross. We didn't show anywhere near enough urgency that we should of replicated like when going a goal down. I don't buy this patient possession football is the best way thing either, it ultimately does nothing, it's better to try and get somewhere than going sideways constantly.

Whilst Di Maria should of been on earlier as we were trying to create something, he had one of the worst sub performances I've possibly ever seen when coming on. But my criticism lies with LVG for yesterday, he seems to make these changes too late, RVP coming back was inevitable but honestly what's the point when Rooney is going to be playing deeper and makes him practically useless.

Good to see Falcao coming on for...... his run around, don't get it, sorry. In a game like this I'd rather of brought on a player with some hunger and desire with a point to prove with Pereira, don't see why we didn't give him a chance rather than bring on another toothless striker.

Honestly, plenty of work needed in the summer, RVP and Falcao gone as a priority.

I don't think Van Gaal has learned that Rooney isn't very effective as midfielder.

Sorry but I thought yesterdays performance was total dross. We didn't show anywhere near enough urgency that we should of replicated like when going a goal down. I don't buy this patient possession football is the best way thing either, it ultimately does nothing, it's better to try and get somewhere than going sideways constantly.

Whilst Di Maria should of been on earlier as we were trying to create something, he had one of the worst sub performances I've possibly ever seen when coming on. But my criticism lies with LVG for yesterday, he seems to make these changes too late, RVP coming back was inevitable but honestly what's the point when Rooney is going to be playing deeper and makes him practically useless.

Good to see Falcao coming on for...... his run around, don't get it, sorry. In a game like this I'd rather of brought on a player with some hunger and desire with a point to prove with Pereira, don't see why we didn't give him a chance rather than bring on another toothless striker.

Honestly, plenty of work needed in the summer, RVP and Falcao gone as a priority.
Sounds like RVP is staying to the end of his contract. Just hope LVG does not carry on with this trying to fit the both in. Has to be 1 and only 1!

We weren't bad at all...just unlucky...

Its just the frustration of losing the last 3 games talking

Losing 3 in a row without scoring is very poor and yesterday was awful viewing, no tempo whatsoever.
In a way I agree, but against Chelsea I thought we were the better team. But the last 2 games have been pure poo! Still very frustrated at seeing players playing out of position yesterday, which left us so unbalanced.

Manchester United ‘set to seal transfer of Standard Liege teenage goalkeeper Ilias Moutha Sebtaoui’
United scouts have been impressed by Sebtaoui in recent tournaments. He turned 16 last month and has been followed by Roma, Anderlecht and Newcastle over the past few months. Sebtaoui is poised to join United on July 1.

Hunger and desire? Are you Alan Shearer? He would have been less likely to offer the moment of quality needed than Falcao.

Rooney played deeper because we didn't have Carrick, not because RVP was back.

Back