The Manchester United Thread

My only question over the Depay transfer is why we waited until another club acted, if we really wanted him and LVG obviously knowing him so well, don't understand why it took us until a situation raised with PSG for us to make a move.

Because we wanted Bale, but clearly were not convinced he would be available and didnt want to lose our excellent plan B.

What other midfielders are on our radar do you think? I'd imagine Strootman is currently not considering his injury situation is a no go and I doubt our eggs are only in the Gundogan basket.

Obviously easy answer would be Pogba even though it is quite unrealistic, but it got me wondering who else we may be looking at.

De Jong on a free as a squad option I guess. Milan are going backwards fast. Last shot for him in the CL should we finish the job.

Need to do Palace, take the pressure off, forces Liverpool into a must win game against Chelsea.

Need to do Palace, take the pressure off, forces Liverpool into a must win game against Chelsea.

Any sort of scrappy, ****** win will do and then hope Jose finishes the job we should have finished against west brom.

De Jong on a free as a squad option I guess. Milan are going backwards fast. Last shot for him in the CL should we finish the job.

I'm much more hopeful we can do better with Schneiderlin, Gundogan or dare I dream, Pogba. I'd still take the De Jong option anyway, for free he's a great squad addition.

Any sort of scrappy, ****** win will do and then hope Jose finishes the job we should have finished against west brom.

Precisely. **** the style, win at all costs. Use the summer to improve how we play. Losing to Everton was one thing, but the west brom loss was a decent performance but unacceptable result

Precisely. **** the style, win at all costs. Use the summer to improve how we play. Losing to Everton was one thing, but the west brom loss was a decent performance but unacceptable result

I've been holding back on the top 4 celebrations for weeks now because 2012 is still fresh on the mind, 8 point lead yes 8 point lead under fergie we threw away.

It's very possible we let liverpool in.

I'm much more hopeful we can do better with Schneiderlin, Gundogan or dare I dream, Pogba. I'd still take the De Jong option anyway, for free he's a great squad addition.

De Jong is great back up/rotation, but nothing more. Still need one more (more creative) CM. De Jong for me replaces Cleverley. And that's no insult to him, imagine having him come off the bench to shut down a game, especially in the CL, or go toe to toe with Matic. Cant replace Carrick, but does a different job.

Reports in Italty Juve have already rejected a bid of 70m euros. Won't except anything less than 90m euros. Said PSG now out of race due to FFP. Utd and Chelsea the only 2 to battle it out. Reported by Di Marzio and few other fairly reliables.

Elko Born @Elko_B
According to Belgian newspaper HLN, MUFC have not yet made a decision on a Januzaj/Pereira loan move. PSV interested in both.
8:33 AM - 8 May 2015

Sorry guys in Italy atm and my phone is on the frizz might get few more transfer tweets in here than usual. Sorry again, mods don't warn me or ban me please! :-)

Elko Born @Elko_B
According to Belgian newspaper HLN, MUFC have not yet made a decision on a Januzaj/Pereira loan move. PSV interested in both.
8:33 AM - 8 May 2015

Sorry guys in Italy atm and my phone is on the frizz might get few more transfer tweets in here than usual. Sorry again, mods don't warn me or ban me please! :-)

Hop over to Croatia so we can go for a coffee.

Interesting that @DiMarzio suggests that both Chelsea and Manchester United could be willing to offer up to 100m Euros for Pogba.
12:17 PM - 8 May 2015

Reports in Italty Juve have already rejected a bid of 70m euros. Won't except anything less than 90m euros. Said PSG now out of race due to FFP. Utd and Chelsea the only 2 to battle it out. Reported by Di Marzio and few other fairly reliables.

What about ******?

Brenda being funny again

This from footie365:

Brendan Rodgers, April 27: "I wouldn't like to confirm either way [about Depay]. The kid is a very talented player. It is clear we need a goal threat for next season. There are targets that have been identified as a priority. We will have to see if they are available. It would be for the players to decide whether we're an attractive club."

Manchester United statement, May 7: 'Manchester United have reached an agreement with PSV Eindhoven & Memphis Depay for the player's transfer, subject to a medical. Pending the successful completion of the medical, the deal will go through once the transfer window opens in June.'

PSV technical director Marcel Brands, May 8: "Liverpool contacted us and talked with the player. They were also one of the clubs interested but at the end Memphis had the final decision and he chose Manchester United."

Brendan Rodgers, May 8: "It wasn't something we were ever interested in. We already have four wingers at the club and have other priorities."

And he's probably a lesbian anyway...

Jan Hagen @PortuBall
Jorge Mendes is pushing for a transfer for Guimarães starlet Bernard to Man United for €10m. [O Jogo]

Jan Hagen @PortuBall
Mendes owns 35% of Bernard's economic rights, so he's obviously keen on a move. He got what it takes to make it in England, but still raw.
2:15 PM - 8 May 2015 · Oslo, Norway, Norge
17 17 Retweets 7 7 favorites

Back