The Manchester United Thread

Apparently Thomas Mueller has started following us on facebook/twitter. Is there anything in that?

Apparently Thomas Mueller has started following us on facebook/twitter. Is there anything in that?

Yes there's a lot in that. It turns out Thomas Mueller uses facebook and twitter. And supports or likes Man Utd. Big revelations.

but no seriously, probably nothing. We all probably follow Man Utd on both, doesn't mean we are going to sign for them right ;)

Muller's decision to click on the Follow button, provided two weeks of stories for the "Sports papers".
Use this example when explaining the Butterfly effect to someone.

Muller's decision to click on the Follow button, provided two weeks of stories for the "Sports papers".
Use this example when explaining the Butterfly effect to someone.

Didn't Depay "like" a Facebook post that said "Welcome to Liverpool"? Papers here ran a story based on that. That's how much journalism has declined as a profession, you get to write a full story about someone clicking the "like" button on Facebook.

Didn't Depay "like" a Facebook post that said "Welcome to Liverpool"? Papers here ran a story based on that. That's how much journalism has declined as a profession, you get to write a full story about someone clicking the "like" button on Facebook.

This is nothing new: there have always been publications that sensationalise and twist things in order to draw in readers. You're also making a big mistake by conflating writers at the Star and a host of ****** sports sites with actual journalists.

Rahul Singh @forevruntd
According to Turkish daily Hurriyet, Fenerbahce have arranged for investors to finance their move for Robin van Persie.

This is nothing new: there have always been publications that sensationalise and twist things in order to draw in readers. You're also making a big mistake by conflating writers at the Star and a host of ****** sports sites with actual journalists.

No, I'm just generalizing mainstream media. The two biggest papers here, both online and offline, are tabloids in the true sense. They weren't always tabloids. Occasionally they have great stories and articles, and even win journalistic prizes based on those. But 95%? Complete ****. Utter and total ****. I'd screenshot their headlines right now for examples, but I'm assuming you don't speak Norwegian. So instead I'll list some of the articles currently on the top of their main page:

1. "Kanye West's ex claims he doesn't write his own songs"
2. "Do you recognize Burt Reynolds?" (along with a picture of him of course)
3. "Interior: In the end it's just all wrong" (this one is even behind a paywall!)
4. "Scientist: -This is how you should sit on the toilet"
5. "How to lose weight for your wedding"
6. "Sweden's new princess: See the private childhood pictures"

I could go on, but you get the idea. Of course there are actual journalists out there, but some of them are forced to write **** like this, because apparently that's what people want. As for actual newspapers, those are an endangered species.

Pretty sure Arsenal will finish 3rd. But let's see.

Me too but you never know. If we beat Arsenal and Sunderland beat Leicester then Sunderland may only need a point against Arsenal to survive. Its just whether they decide a point is more do-able against Arsenal or a Chelsea team thats already on Holiday last game of the season.

Me too but you never know. If we beat Arsenal and Sunderland beat Leicester then Sunderland may only need a point against Arsenal to survive. Its just whether they decide a point is more do-able against Arsenal or a Chelsea team thats already on Holiday last game of the season.

I'm also thinking we're going to destroy Sunderland at the Bridge in the last game. We're just guessing here.

Back