The Manchester United Thread

IF we spend 2000M, I think even we would fall afoul of FFP, just saying... xD

I dont think we will. Arent we forcast to make something like £300m profit next year or something stupid like that? And this years spending will take 2 years to come into effect wont it? FFP is the best thing to happen for us. Nobody can match what we earn and we make record profits every year.

Fabregas was already one of the best midfielders in the world when we bought him at what looks like a steal right now for £27m. Pogba could very well become a great midfielder but Chelsea simply can't afford to throw £70m on one player along with 200k p/w wages on the idea that he might be worth the sum one day. The case is obviously different for United who enjoy unbelievable revenue streams that no other club can match

I am more than happy to let you lot take Pogba. I would rather Chelsea spend the £70m getting in a couple of quality players like Griezzman and Schneiderlin and blood in RLC. We don't need Pogba

Pogba is already a great midfielder. Pogba is capable of being "one of the best of his generation" good. Whoever gets Pobga for good will secure their midfield for a decade.

Fabregas needs to get over his habit of fading post january

There is a reason why every major club is trying to work out if they can afford Pogba.

Pogba is already a great midfielder. Pogba is capable of being "one of the best of his generation" good. Whoever gets Pobga for good will secure their midfield for a decade.

Fabregas needs to get over his habit of fading post january

Not sure when I disputed any of that. All I said was that it was practically unaffordable for Chelsea to buy Pogba and I'd much rather prefer if Chelsea set their sights on other targets for our midfield problems as their is definitely value elsewhere in the market

Also one can arguably claim that Fabregas 6 months of excellent form arguably allowed us to pull away from most challengers and win the title. Great midfielder and an absolute steal at the price we got him

Not sure when I disputed any of that. All I said was that it was practically unaffordable for Chelsea to buy Pogba and I'd much rather prefer if Chelsea set their sights on other targets for our midfield problems as their is definitely value elsewhere in the market

Also one can arguably claim that Fabregas 6 months of excellent form arguably allowed us to pull away from most challengers and win the title. Great midfielder and an absolute steal at the price we got him

I don't think you can claim that at all. The rest of the top 4 have been poor, you are unlikely to have such a paucity of challenge next season, so him disappearing next season is something to think about. Jose chasing Koke shows he is thinking already. If anything it's more accurate to claim Hazard dragged you through games when you didnt really show up 2nd half of the season

think he will end up at real then when he as a off game marcca can have a go at him like thay are doing with bale

Re: value

Very few, if any, top quality CMs are going to be available for lower than £30m

I don't think you can claim that at all. The rest of the top 4 have been poor, you are unlikely to have such a paucity of challenge next season, so him disappearing next season is something to think about. Jose chasing Koke shows he is thinking already. If anything it's more accurate to claim Hazard dragged you through games when you didnt really show up 2nd half of the season

Not sure if that's fair to say. Chelsea were very very good in the first half of the season. So much so that the media were predicting an unbeaten season. We were sweeping teams away and Fabregas was right at the heart of many of our best performances. Jose chasing Koke is more to do with the fact that he wants proper quality depth in the squad for a CL challenge next season

Re: value

Very few, if any, top quality CMs are going to be available for lower than £30m

Obviously not quality on the level of Pogba ... But we can definitely find very good CMs for far less than what Pogba will cost. Schneiderlin for one

Not sure if that's fair to say. Chelsea were very very good in the first half of the season. So much so that the media were predicting an unbeaten season. We were sweeping teams away and Fabregas was right at the heart of many of our best performances. Jose chasing Koke is more to do with the fact that he wants proper quality depth in the squad for a CL challenge next season

Yeah but that was the media being utterly ridiculous. You were very good, but remember at that point you were not pulling away from City. that came 2nd half of the season when City basically collapsed.

Obviously not quality on the level of Pogba ... But we can definitely find very good CMs for far less than what Pogba will cost. Schneiderlin for one

But that's my point. There isn't another young CM on his level, apart from maybe Thiago, and his cost would also be astronomical.

Yeah but that was the media being utterly ridiculous. You were very good, but remember at that point you were not pulling away from City. that came 2nd half of the season when City basically collapsed.

Fair enough although we did pull away from basically everyone else

But that's my point. There isn't another young CM on his level, apart from maybe Thiago, and his cost would also be astronomical.

Perhaps but it's simply unaffordable for most clubs except maybe United and Madrid atm. It's unfortunate as Pogba is a great talent

Fair enough although we did pull away from basically everyone else

yeah, don't get me wrong I am knock not what Chelsea at achieved at all. not their fault everyone else was rubbish while they got on with it, but when you look at previous seasons, Fabregas' loss of form would have been a far bigger issue.

Finally...

I'm just not good with that idea of bring pogba back for 60 million

He's a talent...sure...but not for 60 million+ and 200K per week..

The Muller rumours are totally random, probably nothing behind them either and I have no clue why we would need him.

Personally, i say screw pride and sign Pogba no matter what. Midfield is a problem for United and has been ever since Keane left (not including Scholes and Carrick(when fit) in that). We sign him we have sorted it out for the next decade easily. Will be one of the greats one day and I'd love to say he became a legend of the game at United.

It would be devestating to see him go to Chelsea or City and their fans would never let us forget it either. On a side note, can City even sign him with FFP?

Back