The Manchester United Thread

There are more options...

I just wouldn't like that arrogant SOB back

is he really arrogant? Never read anything that paints him as such, really. He left because he wanted to play. Wasn't it the Blackburn match where Pogba said to Ferguson to play him and he'll prove his worth, instead he played Rafael and Park there, and he knew that he wanted to leave then. Doesn't really make him a sob.

Every man and his dog wants him. PSG, City, Madrid probably too.

MUFC Peoples Person @PeoplesPerson_ Di Maria: "My challenge is not for one year, but to become part of the history of Manchester United."

Its hard to respect someone like Gerrard for me. I won't lie, I enjoy that he never won BPL. Me, I'm not British, so I don't know who do you call someone or not. For me, fact is he once was a great player, one of Liverpools finest. But the way he lost title twice, the way he always managed to find the way to screw something up makes me think that.

wtf, not being british doesnt excuse you of not knowing who bryan robson... one of uniteds and englands greatest. the reason why we didnt win the league is be an unfortunate slip, and that united were more consistent than us over the 38 games. no ones asking you to like the player but its not that hard to respect one of englands greats accomplishments.

Enough already of this Gerrard nonsense, he's legend of the sport and great ******* player.

I'm getting too old this ****, people used to respect great players no matter the club association, but nowadays it seems like younger generation of fans cares more about ****** internet banter on reddit and Facebook than about the actual football.

The most amusing place on the internet last few days is /r/reddevils - they claim they don't care about Gerrard, but somehow 90% of threads are about Gerrard and not about United.

Problem is with Pogba is that virtually every elite club will be after him and I just think the temptation of playing for one of the Spanish giants will be more appealing than coming back to United.

Having said that I'd hope he would choose us over City because that would really hurt if he came into the Premier League. But I imagine even Chelsea will be after him.

Chelsea retain an interest but I suspect that's all it will ever be. His fee and wages will be absolutely monstrous especially after his club just won the league and reached the CL finals. Truth be told, their is definitely value elsewhere in the market. When you can get Fabregas for £27m then I don't see the rationale in paying £60-70m for Pogba

Gerrard is a magnificent player and EPL is lucky to have him for the past 2 decades. I respect him and his loyalty as well as his fierce determination to win games at all cost. Still I wouldn't say that I did not enjoyed the past 2 seasons from him as a rival fan, but now that he's gone I am sure he will be missed.

Despite that, Skysports made his farewell yesterday almost comical in their desperate attempt to make some story. The commentary was cringeworthy and I can't believe how often are they saying that Crystal Palace shouldn't be spoiling the party. Even the afterparty was hard to watch with a straight face.

wtf, not being british doesnt excuse you of not knowing who bryan robson... one of uniteds and englands greatest. the reason why we didnt win the league is be an unfortunate slip, and that united were more consistent than us over the 38 games. no ones asking you to like the player but its not that hard to respect one of englands greats accomplishments.
Eh, I know who Bryan Robson is, I meant I have no clue what are you saying about those players in GB.

P9_8Da4K_normal.png
Manchester United @ManUtdUpdates_ MUFC world record £750m, 10-year kit deal with Adidas starts on 1 August. LvG has been handed another £2000m to invest [Guardian] #MUFC

P9_8Da4K_normal.png
Manchester United @ManUtdUpdates_ LvG has put Pogba at the top of his wishlist. Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels is his current No.1 choice for CB position [Guardian] #MUFC

Follow

Manchester United @ManUtdUpdates_

Louis van Gaal's prime concern is to find an elite operator that can run the midfield. [Guardian] #MUFC

P9_8Da4K_normal.png
Manchester United @ManUtdUpdates_ Louis van Gaal's prime concern is to find an elite operator that can run the midfield. [Guardian] #MUFC

Follow

Manchester United @ManUtdUpdates_

Paul Pogba, I.Gundogan and Arturo Vidal are prime targets to fill the role. [Guardian] #MUFC

Chelsea retain an interest but I suspect that's all it will ever be. His fee and wages will be absolutely monstrous especially after his club just won the league and reached the CL finals. Truth be told, their is definitely value elsewhere in the market. When you can get Fabregas for £27m then I don't see the rationale in paying £60-70m for Pogba

Fabregas isn't 22 and going to be the best midfielder in the world though, Pogba is. This is what it would have been like if Iniesta had been up for sale at 22.

Fabregas isn't 22 and going to be the best midfielder in the world though, Pogba is. This is what it would have been like if Iniesta had been up for sale at 22.

Fabregas was already one of the best midfielders in the world when we bought him at what looks like a steal right now for £27m. Pogba could very well become a great midfielder but Chelsea simply can't afford to throw £70m on one player along with 200k p/w wages on the idea that he might be worth the sum one day. The case is obviously different for United who enjoy unbelievable revenue streams that no other club can match

I am more than happy to let you lot take Pogba. I would rather Chelsea spend the £70m getting in a couple of quality players like Griezzman and Schneiderlin and blood in RLC. We don't need Pogba

Back