The Manchester United Thread

Shaw is lifelong Chelsea fan, he's never coming to United.

Oh.

I'd be rather bitter if the tradition of no transfers between Liverpool and United was broken for a player like Sterling. I mean, cmon, the guy is just a prospect, but his current situation, he is just a winger out wide who can't finish well, and is not that good at crossing too. And the prices being quoted is simply ridiculous.

We also have Depay, Mata, Young, Valencia, Januzaj and worse comes to worse, Lingard who can play wide. Would rather chuck Sterling. Heck, if a winger is so needed, for the price being quoted, Pedro is a ****** steal.

Sterling would be a fantastic signing for you lot, but I would refuse to sell at any price to you purely for the principle of it

Not sure about Fantastic signing but interesting for sure. His end product is awful and he probably has the weakest shot in the whole league. Still for his age he is very good player but he is way more hyped just because he is English and Liverpool player.

Also leaks are from Liverpool side so we all know how this will end up. It's just a ploy to make other clubs start bidding war.

Shaw is lifelong Chelsea fan, he's never coming to United.

Oh.

The whole cycle was fantastic.
Great talent and having excellent season
27 Million is no big deal considering he can offer 12 years of service.
Shaw is a Chelsea fan and will sign if we are interested.
We should sign him, he will offer long term solution
His idol is Cole and he would sign easily to replace him and Chelsea is his favorite team
We can match anything United offers, he supports Chelsea so its easy decision
Chelsea are better than United in all regards even if they qualify for CL or not, so Chelsea will sign him.

ManUtd signed Shaw then tune was
Glad we didn't sign him. Luis is much better signing.
Too much money for just potential
Azpi is much better, so good that we didn't sign him.

Not sure about Fantastic signing but interesting for sure. His end product is awful and he probably has the weakest shot in the whole league. Still for his age he is very good player but he is way more hyped just because he is English and Liverpool player.

Also leaks are from Liverpool side so we all know how this will end up. It's just a ploy to make other clubs start bidding war.

No doubt still rough around the edges but does bring something you lack (at least before the Depay signing anyway)

No doubt still rough around the edges but does bring something you lack (at least before the Depay signing anyway)

Pace on the wings was not a problem, Young and Di Maria offers that and our full backs Shaw and Valencia are among fastest. It was through the middle that was the problem.

Yeah Sterling offers something different though, comfortable in any attacking position, can beat the full back all the time and very strong on the ball but I just can't see him offering so much quality for any big team to pay close to 50 Million pounds, 150K per week wages and for ManUtd most importantly all the hassle to sign Liverpool player as it's near impossible.

Is everyone forgetting Di Maria? You know that guy who created most chances for us this season despite playing at 1/4 of what he's capable of.

We don't need Sterling whatsoever, pointless signing, Young, Depay, Di Maria all capable of playing there.

Di Maria struggled in his first season at Real Madrid as well, so don't see why no one is mentioning him, even though he's been bad particular as the season has gone on by his high standards, he's still created opportunities for us that have lead to goals and created more than other players who are playing better than him supposedly.

Pace on the wings was not a problem, Young and Di Maria offers that and our full backs Shaw and Valencia are among fastest. It was through the middle that was the problem.

Yeah Sterling offers something different though, comfortable in any attacking position, can beat the full back all the time and very strong on the ball but I just can't see him offering so much quality for any big team to pay close to 50 Million pounds, 150K per week wages and for ManUtd most importantly all the hassle to sign Liverpool player as it's near impossible.

Oh, I completely agree.... The lad's head has obviously been turned despite him not showing anywhere near the level to play consistently at an elite club

It's the reason many L'pool fans are not as bothered as previous players to leave and if we manage to get a fee near that it would be fantastic business

If we had to buy a winger, I'd much rather have Pedro for £7m. Dont see why teams are obsessed with spending 10's of millions on players to try and prove a point. Plenty of value out there. Khedira on a free or Alex song dirt cheap and proven in the Premiership would sort out our strength in midield along with Gundogan for a reasonable fee considering his age and potential. Pedro for £7m to play right wing and a very good squad player that will immediately make an impact and experienced allowing Januzaj to go on loan. That could be all the midfield sorted for around £30m. Then use the rest of the kitty and DDG money on world class defenders and a striker.

Oh, I completely agree.... The lad's head has obviously been turned despite him not showing anywhere near the level to play consistently at an elite club

It's the reason many L'pool fans are not as bothered as previous players to leave and if we manage to get a fee near that it would be fantastic business

Yeah, Suarez and Torres were among the best players in the league and either #1 or #2 player in Liverpool squad so them leaving was disaster at least at that point without any hindsight.

Also this was a leak from Liverpool and reported by Liverpool journos, so it's a clever ploy to start bidding war. If he signs for City or Chelsea then obvious relief would be "at least it's not United".

What do you mean?...You lot seem to forget di maria...

On top form, sterling who?

Sterling at his vry best can't touch a top form di maria...

Not sure how reliable is kicker, they are reporting Van Gaan wants Schweinsteiger. Absolutely love the player. He bring everything we lack. Proper leadership in the midfield, great engine and can play in Carrick role without any issues at all.

What do you mean?...You lot seem to forget di maria...

On top form, sterling who?

Sterling at his vry best can't touch a top form di maria...

Im basing this on the season about to finish and United seemed to lack that spark in the final third on many occasions

Di Maria could bring that, but that's all it is at the moment. Everyone knows he was a world class player at Real Madrid but he has only shown that in glimpses so far

Not sure how reliable is kicker, they are reporting Van Gaan wants Schweinsteiger. Absolutely love the player. He bring everything we lack. Proper leadership in the midfield, great engine and can play in Carrick role without any issues at all.

I love Schweini, and have been a fan of his ever since he made his Germany debut, but I'd still be wary of him. Age isn't too much of a factor in the role he plays, but he's also reasonably injury prone, and we already have that in Carrick.

Would be a fantastic signing definitely, but would rather go for someone younger..

I love Schweini, and have been a fan of his ever since he made his Germany debut, but I'd still be wary of him. Age isn't too much of a factor in the role he plays, but he's also reasonably injury prone, and we already have that in Carrick.

Would be a fantastic signing definitely, but would rather go for someone younger..

30 year old, won everything there is to win and that too as a key player. His performance in the world cup finals was one of the best performance I have seen. He is bit injury prone but he can rotate with Carrick. Would love to see him at United. Fantastic player.

30 year old, won everything there is to win and that too as a key player. His performance in the world cup finals was one of the best performance I have seen. He is bit injury prone but he can rotate with Carrick. Would love to see him at United. Fantastic player.

Yeah, I'm not doubting his quality, like I said, I'm a huge fan of the player. But we already have an injury-prone WC midfielder. Just questioning whether we need two. Like I said, personally, would prefer a younger, less-injury prone option to take over from Carrick in a year or so.

Im basing this on the season about to finish and United seemed to lack that spark in the final third on many occasions

Di Maria could bring that, but that's all it is at the moment. Everyone knows he was a world class player at Real Madrid but he has only shown that in glimpses so far

No interest in Sterling, would much rather work on getting Di Maria straight for next season. Sterling is even less of a cert than Di Maria

Back