The Manchester United Thread

No interest in Sterling, would much rather work on getting Di Maria straight for next season. Sterling is even less of a cert than Di Maria

Yeah, agreed. Which is why I dont see United as an option... I can only see Man City realistically signing him

Wouldn't look much into the Schweinsteiger rumour, exact same happened last season, at the end of the day it's an easy story to make for them.

Yeah, agreed. Which is why I dont see United as an option... I can only see Man City realistically signing him

Milner to Liverpool and Sterling replacing him to keep the English quota. Seems a no brainer to me. I can see Sterling having a decent impact at City coz in Aguero it would be like him last year with Suarez. I think he'd have much more of an impact than Navas.

I think the only thing holding that back is if Sterling wants a move back closer to London.

Wouldn't look much into the Schweinsteiger rumour, exact same happened last season, at the end of the day it's an easy story to make for them.

Different this year, Bayern do need to make some changes. Whether he will be one of them is another story.

Milner to Liverpool and Sterling replacing him to keep the English quota. Seems a no brainer to me. I can see Sterling having a decent impact at City coz in Aguero it would be like him last year with Suarez. I think he'd have much more of an impact than Navas.

He'd be second choice behind Silva, which means he should be playing most games.

Different this year, Bayern do need to make some changes. Whether he will be one of them is another story.

Perhaps, I'd question whether it's the right signing though if it happened, despite how good he is.

Why? Sterling on the right and Silva AMC/L

Silva Left, Sterling right. 4-4-2

Nasri Left, Silva Centre, Sterling right. 4-2-3-1

Being second choice of all the attacking forwards/wide men means he will nearly always start. Unless Pellegrini has a mare and starts Navas

Perhaps, I'd question whether it's the right signing though if it happened, despite how good he is.

Definitely is. Midfield general to sit at the base and do what he does best: dictate play, and shoot from range, and protect the back 4. Put Herrera and another CM in front (Di Maria etc)

Apparently Bayern are not going to offer Schweiny a new contract and are looking to shift out some older players this summer. From kicker and bild.

Apparently Bayern are not going to offer Schweiny a new contract and are looking to shift out some older players this summer. From kicker and bild.

Only 'old' player I'd possibly want from them is Schweini. And maybe Robben, although even he's getting injured, so meh. I'd have loved Badstuber, actually thought he'd be the best German defender in recent times, but for his atrocious injury record.

They would be mad to let him go. 30 isnt exactly old in his position and the quality he has. I can understand them wanting rid of Alonso at this point.

Silva Left, Sterling right. 4-4-2

Nasri Left, Silva Centre, Sterling right. 4-2-3-1

Being second choice of all the attacking forwards/wide men means he will nearly always start. Unless Pellegrini has a mare and starts Navas

Ah I get you now. When you said second choice behind Silva I thought you meant they would rotate. I would go the 4-2-3-1. This might sound daft but I'd swap Nasri for Kolarov. At the moment City play with Nasri and Silva with Milner more defensively on the right. If they mirrored that with Sterling and Silva occupying the right with Kolarov more defensively on the left. Plus he should be on the pitch for his free kicks alone for me, and the quality of his crosses if they play with a more powerful striker like Bony/Dzecko. Or maybe start Kolarov at LB instead of Clichy. I think Nasri is better as an impact player off the bench with his energy for the last half hour but he's a mard **** and probably wouldnt like that.

Definitely is. Midfield general to sit at the base and do what he does best: dictate play, and shoot from range, and protect the back 4. Put Herrera and another CM in front (Di Maria etc)

Yeh but does this solve the main box to box type midfielder we are craving? Not really, it would be a nice and good signing but not one that will necessarily make us better.

Without any doubt it would be fantastic addition. We have lost lot of experience and leaders and signing Schweinsteiger will address that apart from his undeniable quality on field.

Yeh but does this solve the main box to box type midfielder we are craving? Not really, it would be a nice and good signing but not one that will necessarily make us better.

Fellani will be the box to box I think. Now we have Depay, and will be sorting out our defense, I cant see Fellaini being used in the same way next season. Sorting the defense will allow us to play a more attacking free flowing football, rather than the pump it to Fellaini to hold up football like we have been playing recently. This season was more about getting results and playing to the strength of the squad. Im hoping next season will be far more free flowing.

He is better than any of our midfielder, how does that not make a better signing and improve us?

Also Herrera is our box to box midfielder.

The Box to box midfielder thing is getting a bit overrated plus herrera is pretty decent at it...

He's got two sides to his game...the elegant and poised side and the robust dirty side....

Barca don't have any box to box mid but they seems to be faring well...

Chelsea don't either...Matic sucks at attacking...

A midfield 3 of di maria, herrera and a stronger version of micheal carrick would take the epl by storm

He is better than any of our midfielder, how does that not make a better signing and improve us?

Also Herrera is our box to box midfielder.

Herrera can play it well but we've got a ton of games next season and we need more options there particularly. Carrick can play the role great anyway with alternative such as Blind. Our depth in that role which Schweinsteiger would fill is greater than the options we have in which Herrera plays, only person you can really say who may be able to effectivsly cover is Di Maria, but that's about it.

Not saying it's a bad signing by any means, but it's again a case of not necessarily strengthening our primary weakness that we lack right now in midfield.

Herrera can play it well but we've got a ton of games next season and we need more options there particularly. Carrick can play the role great anyway with alternative such as Blind. Our depth in that role which Schweinsteiger would fill is greater than the options we have in which Herrera plays, only person you can really say who may be able to effectivsly cover is Di Maria, but that's about it.

Not saying it's a bad signing by any means, but it's again a case of not necessarily strengthening our primary weakness that we lack right now in midfield.

Signing him doesn't mean we won't be signing other players.

Back