The Manchester United Thread

The whole cycle was fantastic.
Great talent and having excellent season
27 Million is no big deal considering he can offer 12 years of service.
Shaw is a Chelsea fan and will sign if we are interested.
We should sign him, he will offer long term solution
His idol is Cole and he would sign easily to replace him and Chelsea is his favorite team
We can match anything United offers, he supports Chelsea so its easy decision
Chelsea are better than United in all regards even if they qualify for CL or not, so Chelsea will sign him.

ManUtd signed Shaw then tune was
Glad we didn't sign him. Luis is much better signing.
Too much money for just potential
Azpi is much better, so good that we didn't sign him.

Lol

Yeh but does this solve the main box to box type midfielder we are craving? Not really, it would be a nice and good signing but not one that will necessarily make us better.

Who says we need the main Box to box only? Our biggest issues occur when Carrick is out. Schweinsteiger is genuinely better on all fronts than Carrick, and like Carrick is highly influential.

We are all talking about a Carrick replacement and he is one of the few in Europe who is better.

The whole cycle was fantastic.
Great talent and having excellent season
27 Million is no big deal considering he can offer 12 years of service.
Shaw is a Chelsea fan and will sign if we are interested.
We should sign him, he will offer long term solution
His idol is Cole and he would sign easily to replace him and Chelsea is his favorite team
We can match anything United offers, he supports Chelsea so its easy decision
Chelsea are better than United in all regards even if they qualify for CL or not, so Chelsea will sign him.

ManUtd signed Shaw then tune was
Glad we didn't sign him. Luis is much better signing.
Too much money for just potential
Azpi is much better, so good that we didn't sign him.

Isn't Luis possibly leaving?

Bastian Schweinsteiger is a football god. He will improve us without a doubt and he doesn't to adapt much to Van Gaal's methods.

Bastian Schweinsteiger is a football god. He will improve us without a doubt and he doesn't to adapt much to Van Gaal's methods.

Undoubtedly good player and like I say would be a good signing, just hope it doesn't prevent us from looking at other weaknesses in our midfield.

To be honest I don't think either Bild or Kicker are that good sources so it probably not true, I remember this rumour clearly last season.

If we got Pogba or Schneiderlin in my opinion would solve a lot of what our current midfield lacks or needs in most games.

Undoubtedly good player and like I say would be a good signing, just hope it doesn't prevent us from looking at other weaknesses in our midfield.

To be honest I don't think either Bild or Kicker are that good sources so it probably not true, I remember this rumour clearly last season.

If we got Pogba or Schneiderlin in my opinion would solve a lot of what our current midfield lacks or needs in most games.

Bastian solves the biggest weakness in our midfield: what we do when Carrick isn't playing.

Schneiderlin doesn't even come into this equation.

Also have people forgotten how much ground BS still carries.

It's also not a rumour. United tried last season and failed and will try again. BS hasnt opened talks on his future yet

Back in 2011.

“I have a contract here at Bayern but I do love the atmosphere in the stadiums over in England. When we played Manchester United last year, it was amazing,” he said in the New Year issue of FourFourTwo.
“My brother is a big Manchester United fan and he keeps saying “Go to Man United!” [laughs] But I say to him, 'I can’t, I can’t!'
“I do love the speed of the game in England though. I am here in Germany until 2016, but we will see what happens. You just never know.”

Schweinsteiger urged to join United | FourFourTwo

Bastian solves the biggest weakness in our midfield: what we do when Carrick isn't playing.

Schneiderlin doesn't even come into this equation.

Also have people forgotten how much ground BS still carries.

It's also not a rumour. United tried last season and failed and will try again. BS hasnt opened talks on his future yet

Schneiderlin doesn't come into the equation for this position in our midfield but usually Carrick is as dependable as they come, this has been a turbulent season by his standards.

I'd like Schweinsteiger don't get me wrong, but it's just hard to believe and if someone asked me what does our midfield need the most in this window out of Pogba/Schneiderlin or Schweinsteiger I'd still stick to the first option.

Schneiderlin doesn't come into the equation for this position in our midfield but usually Carrick is as dependable as they come, this has been a turbulent season by his standards.

I'd like Schweinsteiger don't get me wrong, but it's just hard to believe and if someone asked me what does our midfield need the most in this window out of Pogba/Schneiderlin or Schweinsteiger I'd still stick to the first option.

Schweinsteiger still is a Box to Box mid, and is miles better on every level than Schneiderlin.

Its turbulent because Carrick is 34, and its probably his last season.

Ian Ladyman saying we've made our move already and player is open to joining.

Says policy is not to sign anyone over 30 but agreement between board and van Gaal that he is good enough to make an exception for. If we sign him I'd be delighted, one of my favourite European midfielders of this generation.

Schweinsteiger still is a Box to Box mid, and is miles better on every level than Schneiderlin.

Its turbulent because Carrick is 34, and its probably his last season.

Schweinsteiger has aged and I doubt he could play that box to box role in the Premier League. If we got him it would be for the base of the midfield, not much else I reckon.

Schweinsteiger has aged and I doubt he could play that box to box role in the Premier League. If we got him it would be for the base of the midfield, not much else I reckon.

he still covered more ground than most players in Europe. And Bayern are one of the most intense sides in the world. If he can do it for them, he can do it in England.

he still covered more ground than most players in Europe. And Bayern are one of the most intense sides in the world. If he can do it for them, he can do it in England.

Don't think Schweinsteiger's ability is really in question at all, he oozes class. Considering his age, the only worries are about his injury record and how quickly he'd adapt to life in England.

Anyone see that story about Wilson and the betting company tweeting about how his bird looks? Fecking disgraceful!!!

Why have people cooled off so much with Vidal since last season. He's still much better than most people we are connected with at cm imho.

I'm wondering why we didn't try for Gundogan. Or I guess we did try and he declined? But he'd have been the natural successor to Carrick, should've tried harder..

I'm wondering why we didn't try for Gundogan. Or I guess we did try and he declined? But he'd have been the natural successor to Carrick, should've tried harder..
Apparently it was his agent that leaked we were close to signing him, most probs to drum up business. And know he is mulling over various offers from clubs including us.

Back