The Manchester United Thread

I do. I don't think the players fear Pep what so ever, they respect him and his decisions during a game.

Is it not kind of the same thing? The players may not fear him as in shouting and screaming type fear but they probably fear his decisions. If they respect his decisions, they know full well if they dont do as expected they will be off, which surely must create some element of fear in the player. Maybe not fear of him as a person but fear of what he can and will do.

It's not mythical, Fergie always had a presence on and away from the touchline as a manager, had virtually total control over players and media, very few managers have that. Just don't think Pep's profile necessarily fits in to what has been successful for the greatest managers at United.

It would, hands down. Amazed there is even a discussion on this. he's coached Bayern and Barcelona. he can coach Man United.

The only reason Guardiola wouldnt be a long term successor is because he tends to want to leave after 3 years.

A quote from a Cassilas interview yesterday-

The 'Los Blancos' captain also reiterated that he has no intention of leaving the Bernabéu. "Do you see yourself at Real Madrid next year?" he was asked, to which he snapped, "Yes, I'm going to stay. Do I have to tell you that again?".

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd U21s: #mufc vs Manchester City (away) - O'Hara, Reid, Thorpe (captain), Love, Kellett, Goss, James, Pearson, Rothwell, Willock, Fletcher.

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd U21s: #mufc subs - Henderson, El Fitouri, Harrop, Williams, Gribbin. Kick-off is 13:00 with #MUTV's live coverage starting at 12:30 BST.

Bit strange. Theres a few left out, maybe with the 1st team.

Think its just a case of it being a nothing game really so giving some of the younger ones a run out. I think Joyce just said he only really has a constant 8-12 players so the rest probably come from first team players recovering from injury and needing games and younger kids stepping up for the odd game or two.

Januzaj, McNair and Blackett will be with the first team. Possibly Powell aswell unless he's injured. Any news on Rashford?

Think its just a case of it being a nothing game really so giving some of the younger ones a run out. I think Joyce just said he only really has a constant 8-12 players so the rest probably come from first team players recovering from injury and needing games and younger kids stepping up for the odd game or two.

Januzaj, McNair and Blackett will be with the first team. Possibly Powell aswell unless he's injured. Any news on Rashford?
Don't think Rashford is injured. Powell is though. Thought Keane,Janko,Lingard,Grimshaw would be playing. Maybe a couple of them might be in squad tomorrow.

Don't think Rashford is injured. Powell is though. Thought Keane,Janko,Lingard,Grimshaw would be playing. Maybe a couple of them might be in squad tomorrow.

Hopefully Janko and Lingard are training with the first team with a view to taking them on the tour. Janko definately with Valencia probably going to the Copa America.

2-1 to City atm. Subs have killed us this second half. City in charge. Gribbin just come on to make his u21 debut :)

[h=1]Van Gaal will work on transfers while on holiday[/h]Louis van Gaal admits he is looking forward to holidaying at his “paradise in Portugal”, although the Manchester United manager has assured fans he will be in constant contact with Ed Woodward regarding transfers.

During his weekly interview with MUTV, the manager spoke about his plans to enjoy a well-earned rest. “Yes, immediately after the match we will have a farewell drink and after that we have a recovery day, and then we go off. All the players have to fly out to international duties but I will go on holidays and I’m willing to go to my paradise in Portugal.”
Asked if all transfer business will be left to Woodward during that time, van Gaal was quick to explain the process: “No, not to Ed because you also have a telephone and computer, so we are always in contact. As a manager, you never have holidays but I am in a better climate than here in Manchester. I am sorry to say that!”
During his weekly press conference at the Aon Training Complex, van Gaal also explained his belief that David De Gea will still be a United player next season, despite recent media reports linking him with a summer transfer back to his native Spain.

Interestingly, the boss has also held talks with several United players who could potentially leave the club for pastures new in the summer, although he has respectfully declined to identify those who might move on to different clubs.
“You know that I shall talk with them - we will have a farewell drink after the match. I have the Monday to talk [as well]. I have spoken to some players this week. You have to wait and see how these talks develop in terms of players staying or going away.”

[h=1]Van Gaal: My first-season highlights at United[/h]Louis van Gaal says he has thoroughly enjoyed his first season at Manchester United and has plenty of memorable moments to reflect on during his summer holiday.
During his final pre-match press conference of 2014/15, the manager was asked to pick the highlights of his maiden year at United and as well as praising the fans once more for their unwavering support, he responded with several high points dating back to pre-season.
"A highlight was the USA tour - we won everything [all the matches] there, even with a lot of youngsters," van Gaal reflected.
"The home victories against Liverpool and Manchester City were highlights, because for the fans they are so important.
"Our best match at home was Tottenham Hotspur and our best away match, in spite of the result, was Chelsea."
In terms of moments he wishes had turned out differently, the manager said: "The game against Leicester City, I think the referee had a big part to play in that, and the defeat to Everton."

Last game of the season today :( Hope to see some fringe/youth players get in the squad/team. Going for 4-1 win.

Predicted line up -

De Gea
Valencia-Smalling-Jones-Rojo
Blind
Herrera-Fellaini
Mata-Rooney-Di Maria

Subs- Valdes,Janko,McNair,Blackett,Januzaj,RVP,Wilson,Lingard

So 3rd is still a possibility right? It still goes on goal difference.

So Arsenal needs to lose and Man Utd need to get enough goals.

BELIEVE.

So 3rd is still a possibility right? It still goes on goal difference.

So Arsenal needs to lose and Man Utd need to get enough goals.

BELIEVE.
You can imagine the twitchy bums at the Emirates if were 3-4 gls up at HT and there still 0-0 :)

Back