The Manchester United Thread

My main point comes back to the point of some managers just carry a certain aura about them and you feel it, with LVG, Busby, Fergie etc.

Calm down there, Tolkien. This isn't MiddleEarth Football Manager.

h6Ku0ozc_normal.jpeg
Mike Keegan @MikeKeegan_DM Official office equipment supplier Epson have extended their deal with United. #mufc More Wonga :)

Pep said today when asked about Schweinstiger " He has 1 yr left on his contract, he is a club legend. He must decide not me"

Just out of press conference. LVG seemed optimistic on De Gea. "I believe still that David de Gea shall stay."

DDG has chance of playing on Sun:"I want to play him because I have to put my strongest team & with David de Gea we have the strongest team"

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd Van Gaal on his recent speech: "I tell the story in my own words, with passion. I love the fans because they show their belief in me."

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd On potential title glory next season: "I've been given three years to achieve that, but of course I want to do so as soon as possible."

ROONEY & DE GEA UPDATE
Van Gaal: "Wayne is available, he is captain so he shall play. I don't know [if David will play at the moment]. He trained today but only with the goalkeeping coach. He still has a little problem but I'll wait a day longer as I want him to play against Hull City."

MORE ON DE GEA
"It’s his last match of the season, my last match and also the players’. I think you have to put out your strongest team because it’s very important for Hull City."

VAN GAAL ON HULL
"It’s the same approach as ever. We need to defend our image as Manchester United and we are ending in fourth position, so we have to give our utmost best. We haven’t won so many matches away so it’s very difficult to beat English Premier League clubs away. We shall do our utmost best. We have to do it for the honesty of the league."

ON COPA AMERICA
Van Gaal: "Yes, of course [some may miss the start of the season]. They need, as the other players do, holidays. When they are playing in the final – and that is possible with, for example, Argentina – then they are again late in our preparation. That’s not so good for Manchester United but I hope they shall play in the final because that’s great for them."

MORE ON SUNDAY'S GAME
"I have to put my strongest team because we have to give everything for all the other Premier League clubs, and especially of course Newcastle United. We have taken six points off Newcastle United and we have to take six points off Hull City, I think. I have said to the players in spite of him [Steve Bruce] being a Manchester United guy, we have to do what everybody is expecting from us."

ON TITLE CHALLENGE
"We have fulfilled our goals set [this season], I think. It was hard because we had a very bad start, so when we improve our start we shall come further and maybe it is close enough to be the champion or we have to battle for it."

That's fecking well good news on DDG! Apparently we are using 3rd parties to get the Schwienstiger deal done. Could be the 4th signing of the summer.

That's fecking well good news on DDG! Apparently we are using 3rd parties to get the Schwienstiger deal done. Could be the 4th signing of the summer.

I'm not saying either way because i haven't watched him enough this past year but i hope he still has the legs for the prem.

That aside he along with xavi have been my fave midfielders of the past 5 years.

I'm not saying either way because i haven't watched him enough this past year but i hope he still has the legs for the prem.

That aside he along with xavi have been my fave midfielders of the past 5 years.
Despite the injuries, since hes been back he has been class. And his fitness has looked good, his stamina is amazing always moving and never seems to fade. Could easily have 4-5 yrs left in him.

Despite the injuries, since hes been back he has been class. And his fitness has looked good, his stamina is amazing always moving and never seems to fade. Could easily have 4-5 yrs left in him.

The thing with Schweinsteiger is that, although his game is improved by his dynamism and great stamina, it is not dependent on it. He is such an intelligent and disciplined player that he can go on for many years even when his legs start to fade.

Yeah. I won't go as far as to make predictions on how long Schweiny can play, but it should be a while.

And on pure footballing terms, he's basically Carrick, but with goals and steel balls.

Yeah. I won't go as far as to make predictions on how long Schweiny can play, but it should be a while.

And on pure footballing terms, he's basically Carrick, but with goals and steel balls.

I don't think he's quite got Carrick's passing range but he dictates tempo in the same way and is definitely better going forward with the ball. He's a leader though, exactly what we need imo.

Our new CB signing was playing tonight on Eurosport in the u17s EC against Germany. Looks a very good prospect, couple of shaky moments but can see the talent there. Not sure if they won or not was 3-1 up with about 20 mins left when I stopped watching.

Back