The Manchester United Thread

Lloris is the long term option obviously, I don't see why all the panic about having to pay a hefty fee. Van Gaal's job is to rebuild the squad and leave in 2 years, so I can't imagine 33-year old Cech will fit in with those plans.

We need to face it that pretty much anyone we get to replace De Gea is going to be a step down. IMO he's in the top 3 in the world at the moment with Neuer and Courtois and we are getting neither of those so we cant really improve.

We will get raped for Lloris so I dont see the point. Leno is just another gamble and no guarentee it would work out. The two obvious candidates are Cech and Begovic for me both for experience and price.

Don't want Begovic. He's just a solid GK, but nothing else. He won't win you games on his own. He has less shot-stopping ability than Valdes, but better at crosses. We don't have a defender who can organise a defence superbly in front of him for a GK too.

Ideally, we should be in for Cech if DDG leaves. WC goal keeper. And Leno is not just a gamble, he's actually pretty decent whenever I've seen him. I agree that it would be a step-down from DDG, but with Leno, there is actually a chance he can come close to the current top-3.

Don't want Begovic. He's just a solid GK, but nothing else. He won't win you games on his own. He has less shot-stopping ability than Valdes, but better at crosses. We don't have a defender who can organise a defence superbly in front of him for a GK too.

Ideally, we should be in for Cech if DDG leaves. WC goal keeper. And Leno is not just a gamble, he's actually pretty decent whenever I've seen him. I agree that it would be a step-down from DDG, but with Leno, there is actually a chance he can come close to the current top-3.
Leno would be my choice. Have watched most his games this season, and he will be class real class in a year or 2.

Blah.

Would be funny getting to Champions League Semi's or something and facing Real Madrid and beating them. Can have the last laugh at De Gea.

It's not even open yet and i'm already sick of the transfer window, So ******* tedious from twitter to journos to players to clubs. Pack of wankers.

think we should have tryed to loan him again but what ever whats done is done

You must be high?

Yeah loan a player again, who was possibly the worst signing loan or not we've made in a while and just **** all them wages away again and the 10-15m we paid to Monaco instead of actually signing someone to improve us or contribute, makes sense that.

Pereira having a good tourno so far. 1st game was ok bit wasteful and not really influencing the game much got subbed. Started 2nd game on the bench, came on scored a free kick as well as taken some other good ones and changed the game.

04/06/2015 10:29, Report by Adam Marshall
[h=1]Pereira sparkles for Brazil Under-20s[/h]Andreas Pereira's introduction helped change the game as Brazil defeated Hungary 2-1 at the Under-20 World Cup finals in New Zealand.
The Manchester United midfielder came off the bench for the second half and supplied the corner for Danilo's headed equaliser. With four minutes remaining, he accepted the responsibility of taking a penalty and stroked home with his right foot to claim the winner.
Hungary were down to 10 men after Krisztian Tamas' red card and keeper Gyorgy Szekely had superbly thwarted Pereira before being beaten by his spot-kick. Brazil's victory means they have already safely qualified from Group E with a fixture against North Korea still to come.
Pereira conducted an exclusive interview with the next edition of Inside United, which is released on 9 June, and spoke about his progress over the course of the season after being named the Denzil Haroun Reserve Player of the Year.
"I think it's because I keep working hard and keep believing in myself," the 19-year-old stated. "The people at United, the staff, trust in me and give me feedback and help me. It’s a consequence of hard work."

FlNtGHHJ_normal.jpeg
Rafael Hernández@RafaelH117 I can confirm Dani Alves has received an offer from Manchester United. He’s yet to decide his future.

FlNtGHHJ_normal.jpeg
Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117 This is the first time that I hear about the offer myself, until now were just rumors. Now it’s certain.

FlNtGHHJ_normal.jpeg
Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117 Media likely to pick up on this in the upcoming weeks if he doesn’t renew. Barça’s offer to Alves is excellent, 2 years + 1 optional.

I hope we sign Dani Alves, would be excellent addition to the team. His ability on the ball just ****** on all the full backs and most wingers in the leauge.

I hope we sign Dani Alves, would be excellent addition to the team. His ability on the ball just ****** on all the full backs and most wingers in the leauge.

Not a bad signing if we keep Rafael, if we let Rafael go I think it's a bad signing and very short-term thinking. Personally I would still like us to be more ambitious and get a good younger RB whilst keeping Rafael, with Valencia there we'd be fine.

Back