The Manchester United Thread

Better get a good replacement, if we rely on Valdes as our no.1 for next season then I am seriously worried, we don't have time to bed in a 33 yo goalkeeper next season.

Supposedly De Gea will be revealed along with Benitez tommorow.

It does seem that de gea is off to Madrid. If he was going to stay then he would have said so by now. The delay in the announcement is probably down to the fee and us agreeing a fee with another club for a new keeper. If/when he does go then good luck to him. He is going home to play for club that has a very special aura about them for continental players. A replacement will be 1 of Czech,lloris or begovic as they have prem experience and will not take to long to settle in. My choice would be czeh as he has the most experience and is a title/European winner who still has 5+ years left in him.

h6Ku0ozc_normal.jpeg
Mike Keegan@MikeKeegan_DM Still no comment from United on David de Gea, for those asking. #mufc

Manchester United striker Robin van Persie has admitted he may have to leave Old Trafford after what he described as a 'strange and difficult' season at the club.

Van Persie was heavily criticised during the course of the campaign after scoring just 10 Barclays Premier League goals as compared to the 26 he netted in his first season at the club.

The 31-year-old, who has one year left on his current deal at United, has hit back at his critics despite being unhappy with his goalscoring tally and has raised doubts over his future at the Red Devils.

Van Persie, speaking ahead of Holland's upcoming friendly against the USA, said: 'It's a strange, difficult situation. A new situation, that's a better word.

'I have to think, in a realistic way. It's my ambition to play the next years.

'I'm thinking about my family and my children with every decision I take. These are very important for me.

'I'm a real family guy. I think it's fantastic to see how happy my children and wife are. That's something I take in consideration when I'm thinking about my future.'

The Dutchman revealed his unhappiness at not scoring at least 17 Premier League goals but was quick to highlight that Wayne Rooney was his only Manchester United team-mate to outscore him in the top flight.

He added: 'That's at least seven goals short. But I think it's a compliment that people don’t accept it.

'Manchester United is a beast, and that has two sides. Manchester United is viewed and followed by more people than at other clubs and also more media.

'I have to deal with that. I made that choice and must accept the consequences.'

Van Persie went on to lavish praise on his former club team-mate Radamel Falcao, following Manchester United's decision to send the Colombia international back to Monaco.

'I've got a lot of respect for Falcao,' insisted Van Persie.

'In any position he was used, he kept doing his best, training extra hard. That's what a real professional does. Falcao is a fantastic football player. He'll always come back on top.'

He is already convinced, it's just a matter of agreeing fee with United.

Really shouldn't bother with a fee, 25M is chumpchange for a player of his calibre (and it won't even be 25M, it'll be 20 + clauses), and it's not like we desperately need the money. Keep him for another season, and let him move on a free.

Really shouldn't bother with a fee, 25M is chumpchange for a player of his calibre (and it won't even be 25M, it'll be 20 + clauses), and it's not like we desperately need the money. Keep him for another season, and let him move on a free.

There's no benefit in De Gea staying if he is 100% on leaving for one more season, it would be much better to get something from the sale and get our new no.1 between the sticks as soon as possible.

Back