The Manchester United Thread

There's no benefit in De Gea staying if he is 100% on leaving for one more season, it would be much better to get something from the sale and get our new no.1 between the sticks as soon as possible.

Only difference is this - this season, we still have to strengthen other areas as much as possible - CB, RB, CM, ST. Add in a GK, and that is a lot of money. We can retain a WC goalkeeper who we know is reliable to help us move forward as much as possible, and look to strengthen it in the next window, where a GK will pretty much be the main priority.

Ofc, this calls into the equation the fact of whether or not DDG will stay professional for the year that is remaining. But I think he will. While he has not committed himself to the club, he has not tried to force through a transfer too.

But then again, we can probably get in Cech if DDG leaves this season. Cech will be top class for atleast 3 seasons, imo. And probably for less than 25 Million too, if Chelsea will sell to a divisional rival. It's a quandary.

Howedes has a €12m release clause? Sign him up NOW. Quality defender for that price

Was great at RB in world cup for Germany could be our Ivanovic.

He can play anywhere aswell which is something that LVG likes obviously. If the rumours of Jonny Evans being a £10m target are true then its a no brainer for me to sell him and replace him with Howedes for around £8m. Like you say, he's been a solid RB for Germany but is also great anywhere across the back and could also play DM if needed.

Pilib de Brún @Malachians As everyone knows the De Gea decision has been made, club are fully aware of his intentions & have given up trying to keep him.

Pilib de Brún @Malachians Utd knew this was the most likely outcome back in January hence the Valdes signing and identifying replacements.

Howedes would be too logical for a Manchester United signing, crazy if we don't go for him, absolute quality and has leadership abilities, for that price we can't ask for anymore.

As I've already said for defensive signings I think Howedes and Aldeweireld would be two excellent signings for us, that would solve our problems. Not only because of their ability but also due to the versatility in positions that they can cover is always useful such as fullback instead. But we'd still need a Right Back, so Dani Alves on a free I'd take if we got them two I mentioned in as well.

Howedes would be too logical for a Manchester United signing, crazy if we don't go for him, absolute quality and has leadership abilities, for that price we can't ask for anymore.

As I've already said for defensive signings I think Howedes and Aldeweireld would be two excellent signings for us, that would solve our problems. Not only because of their ability but also due to the versatility in positions that they can cover is always useful such as fullback instead. But we'd still need a Right Back, so Dani Alves on a free I'd take if we got them two I mentioned in as well.
Can maybe see us go for Howdes. Not sure about Alderwiereld, think he will end up at Chelsea.

Can maybe see us go for Howdes. Not sure about Alderwiereld, think he will end up at Chelsea.

Don't see why we wouldn't be pushing hard for both, our only solid alternative is Otamendi and a very tough Valencia to negotiate with demanding release clause only.

Really shouldn't bother with a fee, 25M is chumpchange for a player of his calibre (and it won't even be 25M, it'll be 20 + clauses), and it's not like we desperately need the money. Keep him for another season, and let him move on a free.

Maybe but do we need a unhappy player who doesn't even want to be here? I would tell him to **** off this summer and sign a replacement. Valdes is a risky option but I hope we play hardball and sell him eventually. With proper defense and good keeper we can win trophies.

Seeing as pretty much the entire Schalke back line is available for next to nothing should we just take the lot haha. Would take away the "getting to know each other" excuse :P

Maybe but do we need a unhappy player who doesn't even want to be here? I would tell him to **** off this summer and sign a replacement. Valdes is a risky option but I hope we play hardball and sell him eventually. With proper defense and good keeper we can win trophies.

I'm offended about selling him for 25 Million, that's crappy money. Sell him for around 35-50, and I'm ok. Don't think we'll get Lloris anyhow, Tottenham hardball despite him stating he wants to leave for a CL club. Cech and Leno should be our targets, I would be annoyed if we sold DDG and ended up with Begovic.

Totally in for getting Howedes, occasional loss of concentration at CB, but solid defender all round anyhow.

Pilib de Brún ‏@Malachians 51m51 minutes ago Anaheim, CA
As everyone knows the De Gea decision has been made, club are fully aware of his intentions & have given up trying to keep him.
Utd knew this was the most likely outcome back in January hence the Valdes signing and identifying replacements.
Only part i think was distasteful, De Gea told Utd in January he wanted to wait to see if Utd qualified for UCL before signing a new deal.
Given the way Utd stuck by DDG early on, I felt he owed Utd a little more respect than this. Sign the deal in Jan with an agreement to move
Utd couldn't have treated DDG any better or done any more for him. Players come, players go the club accept that but how you go is important
There aren't many Atletico kids who came through their academy to be a star would go to Real Madrid. Maybe that tells you something.
Exactly what I was saying last few weeks. How you leave the club is important and the way De Gea acted, we are in no position to negotiate higher fee.

I'm offended about selling him for 25 Million, that's crappy money. Sell him for around 35-50, and I'm ok. Don't think we'll get Lloris anyhow, Tottenham hardball despite him stating he wants to leave for a CL club. Cech and Leno should be our targets, I would be annoyed if we sold DDG and ended up with Begovic.

Totally in for getting Howedes, occasional loss of concentration at CB, but solid defender all round anyhow.

No way Real are gonna offer 35-50m. Why would they? He's in the last year of his contract and he wants to go there. Everything is in their favour. If he had 2-3 years left then yeh easily worth 35-50 but anywhere even close to 30m and we need to take it. 25m at best I think.

Obviously a massive loss but I'd be more than happy with using the £25m from De Gea and getting in Begovic and Howedes. Begovic is more than a capable GK with a solid defense infront of him and Howedes would go a long way to creating that.

No way Real are gonna offer 35-50m. Why would they? He's in the last year of his contract and he wants to go there. Everything is in their favour. If he had 2-3 years left then yeh easily worth 35-50 but anywhere even close to 30m and we need to take it. 25m at best I think.

Obviously a massive loss but I'd be more than happy with using the £25m from De Gea and getting in Begovic and Howedes. Begovic is more than a capable GK with a solid defense infront of him and Howedes would go a long way to creating that.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about that. There is a reason they're desperate to get in a GK this season despite Casillas confirming he'll stay there, and it probably is due to the fact that they know they're gonna be hit with a transfer ban for a year after. So are Atleti. If we actually play hardball, I'm not so sure Real will be allowed to sign him on a free transfer.

oA_YI7Jt_normal.png
Man United News
@ManUtdMEN United hoping for Karim Benzema swap to cushion blow of losing David De Gea http://t.co/5fiLGIbAd6

Hope this could be something we could hope for even if we have to give them a small fee.

Don't see why we wouldn't be pushing hard for both, our only solid alternative is Otamendi and a very tough Valencia to negotiate with demanding release clause only.
We will just pay the release clause if we have not already.

We need to face it that pretty much anyone we get to replace De Gea is going to be a step down. IMO he's in the top 3 in the world at the moment with Neuer and Courtois and we are getting neither of those so we cant really improve.

We will get raped for Lloris so I dont see the point. Leno is just another gamble and no guarentee it would work out. The two obvious candidates are Cech and Begovic for me both for experience and price.

Looks like Falcao to Chelsea done deal. Hope he don't get any type of form back after we got him his fitness and recovery back last season!

Back