The Manchester United Thread

Great banter from Alves if he has chose Milan over United.

If Manchester United really wanted Alves, then it will be a miracle if Milan get a look in. Manchester United for afford to pay his wages with ease, however it looks worrying that there's no long term successor in the right back position. United could also do with an established central defender, another central midfielder, 2 attacking midfielders and a striker imo. The strike force needs to be reviewed. In my opinion, Falcao will leave and Hernandez may come back. I think that Rooney and Van Persie are both worth keeping. If not, then it looks like there would be a 2 horse race with Arsenal for Higuain in my opinion.

If Manchester United really wanted Alves, then it will be a miracle if Milan get a look in. Manchester United for afford to pay his wages with ease, however it looks worrying that there's no long term successor in the right back position. United could also do with an established central defender, another central midfielder, 2 attacking midfielders and a striker imo. The strike force needs to be reviewed. In my opinion, Falcao will leave and Hernandez may come back. I think that Rooney and Van Persie are both worth keeping. If not, then it looks like there would be a 2 horse race with Arsenal for Higuain in my opinion.
I think it will come down to who will pay Alves the most imo. Agree we need a RB,CB,CM maybe 2. But don't think we need any Attacking midfielders/wingers we have plenty of those. With Falcao gone and RVP looking on his way out we will need a STR unless LVG keeps Hernandez, but cant see it.

I think it will come down to who will pay Alves the most imo. Agree we need a RB,CB,CM maybe 2. But don't think we need any Attacking midfielders/wingers we have plenty of those. With Falcao gone and RVP looking on his way out we will need a STR unless LVG keeps Hernandez, but cant see it.

Surely yers gonna' need 1 if not 2 even if Hernandez stays. That still only leaves what, Rooney and the inexperienced Wilson?

He's not thinking of Depay as cover like Young again is he?

Surely yers gonna' need 1 if not 2 even if Hernandez stays. That still only leaves what, Rooney and the inexperienced Wilson?

He's not thinking of Depay as cover like Young again is he?
If Hernandez stays that will be enough imo. We only play 1 STR and Rooney will start as he is Captain. God knows who we are after tbh :) Memphis will rotate LW with Young.

You can loan Hernandez to AC Milan if you want guys, I'd happily take him!

I do hope Rooney stays up front this year more for United.

Really keen to see Depays first season

c2946d37d481c6b747943533d88f55f3_normal.jpeg
Ian Ladyman
@Ian_Ladyman_DM Lazio sporting director admits RvP "outside our parameters" which, for a man earning £1m a month, will become a problem this summer. #mufc

If Hernandez stays that will be enough imo. We only play 1 STR and Rooney will start as he is Captain. God knows who we are after tbh :) Memphis will rotate LW with Young.
The reason that the 3 world class strikers have failed so miserably, is that none have had a good run of games up top. Rooney has also played in midfield. Hernandez will be enough if he stays. Him, Rooney and Wilson are good enough options. James Wilson is at the age at which he needs more game time or he'll never reach the heights that he's capable of. No club on earth has more that 1 world class central striker other than United last season. Barcelona only have Suarez, Madrid have Benzema, Bayern have Lewa e.t.c. This is meanly due to single striker formations being favoured in Europe these days and the lack of top notch strikers.

Last edited:
Brand Finance CEO David Haigh said: 'Manchester United’s success has been masterminded by Ed Woodward, the Cristiano Ronaldo of football’s commercial sphere.

'As Sir Alex Ferguson developed United’s world-beating reputation, Woodward (and United’s owners the Glazers) capitalised on the brand’s growing power to establish a worldwide fan-base and a range of sponsorship deals unrivalled in their number and value.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...arcelona-surge-past-mega-money-milestone.html

Imo 300k a week is a bargain for Rooney. Looking at the past decade, he's been the face of United. He may have peaked early, however he still is one of the world's best. He gets a bashing because he's English. He's got absolutely nothing to prove, scoring on big occasions and winning every club competition there is. Man United have been revealed to be the biggest brand in England. I think that Rooney has been a big part of it and needs to be appreciated more by fans of other teams. He may not be as lightning fast as before, however he's still very good techniqually and a deadly finisher. I'm an Arsenal, but I can't help but admire past performances, such as Bayern Munich in the champions league, the final goal against Barca and his incredible performance away to us in the champions league semis years ago (Gibbs slipped).

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness Robin van Persie's agents will not be commenting on the current transfer rumours. Politely declined to confirm or deny claims.

If Hernandez stays that will be enough imo. We only play 1 STR and Rooney will start as he is Captain. God knows who we are after tbh :).....

Don't forget (if you navigate the qualifier), there's at least 6 extra European games to add into the mix and all they involve.

To go into the season with just 3 recognised forwards, one of which is a very inexperienced kid; would be an excessively risky thing for anyone to do. All it takes is one injury and your whole season can go up in flames if the covers not there.

Don't forget (if you navigate the qualifier), there's at least 6 extra European games to add into the mix and all they involve.

To go into the season with just 3 recognised forwards, one of which is a very inexperienced kid; would be an excessively risky thing for anyone to do. All it takes is one injury and your whole season can go up in flames if the covers not there.

Not really. Madrid had Benzema and Hernandez. Bayern had Lewandowski and Pizzaro, I believe? Rooney, Hernandez and Wilson should be good enough, provided they don't pick up a long term injury. The trick is in finding other players who can cover their position as well, and we have that in Depay.

If we're not retaining Hernandez, then it becomes a bit of a problem.

In what world are 3 players for 1 position risky? Half the club's in Europe only have 2 recognised first team fowards.

In what world are 3 players for 1 position risky? Half the club's in Europe only have 2 recognised first team fowards.

Seriously? 2 vets. and an unproven kid to cope with the demands of an English season.

You're seriously asking that? As a Liverpudlian who's team had season's ruined by going into a year with both Torres and Sturridge as the main forward and little to nothing else behind we know more than most the vital importance of striker depth.

****, Utd's greatest ever manager more often than not carried at least 3, if not 4 proven, experienced forwards.

Whether you play a lone striker or 2 up, to go into a season without at least 3 reliable, proven forwards is fool hardy to be kind.

Last edited:
Not really. Madrid had Benzema and Hernandez. Bayern had Lewandowski and Pizzaro, I believe? Rooney, Hernandez and Wilson should be good enough, provided they don't pick up a long term injury. The trick is in finding other players who can cover their position as well, and we have that in Depay.

If we're not retaining Hernandez, then it becomes a bit of a problem.

Where did this myth about Depay playing a striker came from? He only played one position in his career, and that on left flank.

Seriously? 2 vets. and an unproven kid to cope with the demands of an English season.

You're seriously asking that? As a Liverpudlian who's team had season's ruined by going into a year with both Torres and Sturridge as the main forward and little to nothing else behind we know more than most the vital importance of striker depth.

****, Utd's greatest ever manager more often than not carried at least 3, if not 4 proven, experienced forwards.

Whether you play a lone striker or 2 up, to go into a season without at least 3 reliable, proven forwards is fool hardy to be kind.

The difference it that Fergie played 2 up top many times. United had 3 recognised strikers at the time for 2 positions. Towards the end of his tenure, he had issues keeping strikers happy because he had too many. He signed Van Persie and Hernandez. Name me a top club with more than 2 recognised first team strikers? Barcelona have only got Suarez as a recognised striker, Madrid only had Benzema and Hernandez, Bayern only had Benzema and Pizzaro. James Wilson turns 20 this year and to say that he isn't capable is rediculous. Hector Bellerin was starting games at the start of the season and he's arguably the best young right back around. He's only had a short loan spell at Watford. At the age of 19, Alvaro Morata was Real Madrid's second choice striker. Impressive for an 'unproven kid'. Who are you to say that he couldn't cope with the demands of a season, let alone as third choice. Being honest, you would be lucky to start 3 games in a season as a third choice striker.

Back