The Manchester United Thread

No one knows anything. I've noticed its the more spurious sources talking.

RB - Don't think we'll get Darmain, definitely seems Bayern bound. Clyne - dunno why we don't seem to be in for him, maybe need someone more attack oriented. Danilo would've been perfect, but he's Madrid already :\ Don't really want Carvajal, way too suspect defensively, although he has the pace to make up for it. Dani Alves - we'll know more by tomorrow, I guess.

CM - If we get Gundogan + another CM, I'll be joyful. And promote Ben Pearson, I want to see him play for us, he looks like he could be a talent. Vidal in midfield would be excellent, Gundogan/Carrick as the pivot, Vidal as the engine/box-to-box and Herrera as the playmaker. Although, I can see us only signing one midfielder, and giving a chance to Fellaini.

CB - Otamendi seems like our only and best bet since Hummels is out. But his RC is pretty high, so that is something to think about. Laporte signed a new contract, so he's out, and Varane is not realistic - Madrid won't sell. But a punt can probably be taken on Howedes, he's cheap and good.

ST - If Chicharito leaves, then we need to get in a striker;; But I don't really see us getting in a WC striker, more someone like Lacazette. Someone like Cavani would pose problems since both Rooney and Cavani would want to start every match..

Looks like Alves has signed on for Barcelona again. That's him off the table then.

You a Milan fan?

I'd have taken him gladly, but his wages would have been ridiculous

Aside from my home town team Liverpool (who most Milanese class as their English side so it fits nicely, smiles) I most assuredly are for my sins, lol.

Nah, he's at the wrong age to be rebuilding with for me. Much rather go for someone like Darmian, or Zappacosta from Atalanta even if it meant De Sciglio shifting over to left back.

This thing needs building properly again from the ground up with solid players for the long haul.

Required quality but the wrong stage of his career.

Last edited:
What happened to that William Carvalho that there were a lot of rumors about last season?

Not seen his name brought up in months

A few of next years u18s are under consideration to go on tour with the seniors. They will start back training early to be assessed

Van Der Wiel and Mandzukic? yeah, no thanks lads. Really scraping the bottom of the targets barrel here if these are true.

Van Der Wiel and Mandzukic? yeah, no thanks lads. Really scraping the bottom of the targets barrel here if these are true.

Yeah, that'd be utter ****. Wouldn't mind having a punt at Jackson Martinez for ST though. He isn't exactly a one-dimensional TM, has decent pace, good finishing and movement and great in the air.

According to the M.E.N we have agreed a £10.24m deal with Roma for Nainggolan or however its spelt. Bit cheap that isn't it if its true?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Back