The Manchester United Thread

Hey, it means jack to me damola.

I just sincerely hope Van Gaal shares your POV.

Watch the **** hit the fan if Rooney goes down with injury in this scenario.

Hey, it means jack to me damola.

I just sincerely hope Van Gaal shares your POV.

Watch the **** hit the fan if Rooney goes down with injury in this scenario.

Van Gaal wants at least one top level forward. For precisely the above reason.

..... Name me a top club with more than 2 recognised first team strikers? .....

Last year, off the top of my head:

Chelsea had Costa, Remi and Drogba.

Liverpool Sturridge, Balotelli and Lambert

City had Augero, Djeko, Jovetic and added Bony in January.

'Spurs have Kane, Soldado and Adebayor.

Juventus with Tevez, Llorente and Morata.

PSG with Ibrahimovic, Cavani and Lavezzi. (Even if Blanc boneheadedly plays Levezzii on the wing.).

Atletico Madrid with Mandzukic, Griezman and Torres.

That's the top 2 in England, plus 2 more English European placed teams; and 3 of last years Champions League quarter finalists right off the bat.

If you don't plan ahead with experienced striker depth of at least 3, it's to your own detriment in the modern game.

Last edited:
SXfG9FqC_normal.png
Dutch Football @football_oranje Van Persie denies he was in Rome to speak to Lazio. He was on vacation with his wife, "I have a life outside of football"

I might be in the minority but if RVP and hernandez do leave i want a forward over any other position this summer, i don't think we score enough goals and haven't had a prolific striker imo for 2 seasons. I grew up on the days of cole, ole, ruud etc and that's what i want to see in a united side a proper number 9.

I might be in the minority but if RVP and hernandez do leave i want a forward over any other position this summer, i don't think we score enough goals and haven't had a prolific striker imo for 2 seasons. I grew up on the days of cole, ole, ruud etc and that's what i want to see in a united side a proper number 9.
Don't worry Eds got this :P
9FVFQef.jpg

Last year, off the top of my head:

Chelsea had Costa, Remi and Drogba.

Liverpool Sturridge, Balotelli and Lambert

City had Augero, Djeko, Jovetic and added Bony in January.

'Spurs have Kane, Soldado and Adebayor.

Juventus with Tevez, Llorente and Morata.

PSG with Ibrahimovic, Cavani and Lavezzi. (Even if Blanc boneheadedly plays Levezzii on the wing.).

Atletico Madrid with Mandzukic, Griezman and Torres.

That's the top 2 in England, plus 2 more English European placed teams; and 3 of last years Champions League quarter finalists right off the bat.

If you don't plan ahead with experienced striker depth of at least 3, it's to your own detriment in the modern game.

Your classification here is very broad. My point was that most teams play with 1 up top. Griezmann is a wide player. Lavezzi has also never really ever played as a central striker and his scoring record says it all. PSG have had to play Cavani out wide despite 1 senior other senior striker (Ibra). Drogba was no more than a novelty item. He barely got a kick, let alone Remy. Lambert is another that has barely had a kick. Liverpool were playing with 2 up top in the 3-5-2 meaning that more strikers we're needed. Juventus played with 2 up top as well. Bony was signed as Dzeko and Jovetic are on their way out due to a lack of game time. Adebayor has been pretty much been demoted to under 21s and his time was up ages ago. When was the last time he played. In reality, my point was that you can't sustain 4 established central central strikers in a squad unless you play 2 up top. You haven't read my point properly.

In reality:
Dzeko and Jovetic are likely to leave City due to a lack of game time.

Liverpool play 2 up front and Lambert has barely had a kick.

Drogba hasn't even played in reality (novelty player).

Adebayor hasn't been involved in the squad since Diego Costa was born and Soldado doesn't play.

Juve play with 2-3 strikers at once.

Lavezzi isn't a central striker and neither is Griezmann. Cavani has also been linked with moves away due to being unhappy about being shoved wide.

..... Liverpool play 2 up front .....

Man, I wish this was true. Things wouldn't be half as bad up front at Anfield if it where.

And I read and understood your point perfectly. I just think it's a completely asinine and flawed take that goes along with a lot in the modern game.

Last edited:
Apparently we've bid for this guy, as have Real Madrid, Juve and Barca:

Lorenzo Gonzalez - 15 year old attacker at Servette

Man, I wish this was true. Things wouldn't be half as bad up front at Anfield if it where.

And I read and understood your point perfectly. I just think it's a completely asinine and flawed take that goes along with a lot in the modern game.
I was referring to the 3-5-2 earlier in the season, until Brendan realised that Balotelli, Borini and Lambert never cut it.

I was referring to the 3-5-2 earlier in the season, until Brendan realised that Balotelli, Borini and Lambert never cut it.

Which was basically Mario's debut at Tottenham when he played both Sturridge and Balotelli together . Ironically just about the only time last year L'pool looked like the previous season. You can count on one hand the amount of other times he started 2 strikers together last year. And in turn completely waisted what could of been so much more from Mario and to a far lesser but still relative degree Lambert.

Rodgers just doesn't do a partnership. He only ended up with Suarez and Sturridge the previous year by default as he couldn't leave either out.

But this is the wrong thread and wrong club to be discussing that.

1_4jwAk6_normal.jpeg
M.A.J @UltraSuristic David de Gea has been told by his agent to spend a further two seasons at Old Trafford before moving to Real Madrid.

No clue. Maybe sign new deal stay couple of seasons. We will get good fee and Casillas will be gone and DDG will be Madrids undisputed No1.
that would not be too bad but still hate how them ******* come every season no matter the team and think thay are going to get there own way

Back