The Manchester United Thread

Yeah, that'd be utter ****. Wouldn't mind having a punt at Jackson Martinez for ST though. He isn't exactly a one-dimensional TM, has decent pace, good finishing and movement and great in the air.
He's off to Valencia today or tomorrow according to Spanish media.

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness@Sport_Witness Bayern boss: Schweinsteiger must ask for Man United transfer if he wants it - Sport Witness

Two from Morgan, Gundogan, The roma lad and Bastian would be great.

We'll probably end up with McCarthy and De jong though.

Follow

Man United News
@ManUtdMEN

Young United star Andreas Pereira was Brazil U20s' matchwinner in World Cup game http://bit.ly/1IgyVOw #mufc

Pereira targeting United first team
Andreas Pereira is targeting becoming a regular first-team player at Manchester United after signing a new contract last month.

The talented midfielder is representing Brazil at the Under-20 World Cup in New Zealand and they are currently preparing to face Uruguay in the last 16 (Thursday 08:30 BST).

While Pereira's sights are first set on steering Brazil to success on the other side of the world, he's keen to make more appearances in the Barclays Premier League following his debut against Tottenham in March. And the 19-year-old stated his ambitions in an exclusive interview with this month's Inside United, the official club magazine.

"It's about breaking into the first-team squad," he said. "After that, I have to work hard to get into the first team and, following that, we will see. I was focused on the football anyway [rather than my future] and everything that comes with it but, when I signed, I was very pleased to finalise the contract. I can continue my form like this and do well here in the coming years.

"It means a lot [to me]. I’m very proud to be a Manchester United player. I always dreamed about it. Now I am happy I can live my dream."

Pereira admits he was a little taken aback when coming on as a substitute against Spurs at Old Trafford to make his league bow after making his debut as a substitute in the Capital One Cup at MK Dons in August.

"It was like a dream come true," he confessed. "I was very happy with the moment against Tottenham when I could come on and we won the game as well – that was important. To be fair, when I came on the pitch it looked like I was dreaming. I felt like I was playing a video game then, afterwards, I got used to it. I wanted to help the team. I didn’t think about getting tired as I was just running as hard as I can."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OjQfTc0B7U0
Highlights from the game his assist for the third goal is at 1:33.

TMW are reporting as an exclusive that #MUFC are close to signing 20yo Internacional midfielder Rodrigo Dourado

The article mentions that, by signing him, it could mean #MUFC are looking post-Michael Carrick. That’s as far as the description goes.

Was close to signing him in Jan I remember, very talented!

FDUe7Q1i_normal.jpg
Elijah @AliquaScripto Rodrigo Dourado? @Zizouology, talk to me

Follow

Sán @Zizouology

2015 revelation, and fans see him as an important part of the team. Tough guy in midfield, with his interceptions/tackling. https://twitter.com/AliquaScripto

_Y7JnIhN_normal.jpeg
Lucas Sposito @LucasSposito_ Brazilian press are taking the Daily Star seriously again. Rodrigo Dourado to MUFC will be trend in the next few weeks, then move.

_Y7JnIhN_normal.jpeg
Lucas Sposito @LucasSposito_ United will close Rodrigo Dourado's deal before he signs an extension.

_Y7JnIhN_normal.jpeg
Lucas Sposito @LucasSposito_ Rodrigo Dourado is a regular starter for the strongest team of Copa Libertadores. Don't say he's not ready only because he's 20.

Brazilian midfielder who can tackle and intercept and I've never heard of him till today? I'm pretty much no body, but I know my Brazilian midfielders and this guy never crossed my mind. Will find some Inernacional games and watch this guy.

Edit: So he played 22 times for Internacional and out of that, 16 was this season. That explains it.

Again De Gea stories picked up yesterday saying he will announced after International games.

Hopefully we sell him and sign replacement. Even if we get 18Million pounds, fine just sell him and get away from all the circus for a year. It's good to have settled team and when you want that you should offload players who will leave for sure in 12 months. Now we will get around 20milllion to sign replacement which we have to do anyways next year but we will get 0.

Take whatever we can, buy replacement and starting concentrating on preparation.

Again De Gea stories picked up yesterday saying he will announced after International games.

Hopefully we sell him and sign replacement. Even if we get 18Million pounds, fine just sell him and get away from all the circus for a year. It's good to have settled team and when you want that you should offload players who will leave for sure in 12 months. Now we will get around 20milllion to sign replacement which we have to do anyways next year but we will get 0.

Take whatever we can, buy replacement and starting concentrating on preparation.
Happy Ed is playing hard ball though. Just same as you, get it sorted move on!

Note - the hearings aren't being held in public so how much of this is fact isn't obvious, but El Mundo have leaked a lot of accurate stuff on this and other cases in the past.

That says (more or less) that Herrera's evidence was that the 90k appeared unexpectedly in his account. That he got a call from the Club president saying it was an error and could he bring it back in as cash.

This is where Ander's story diverges from most of the Zaragoza players. Herrera apparently had the cash payment recorded as a "return of money paid in error" and he took the money to the Club offices (not an indeterminate café somewhere) - if that's right, then he's definitely smarter than the average footballing cookie.

He also apparently said that he already had a deal with the club president to leave the club, and in return for that deal he'd agreed that he wouldn't be eligible for the bonuses etc that other players might get.

How he got on with the other questions I don't know.

820LjpV0_normal.jpg
Sán @Zizouology Luiz Carlos Reche of Rádio Bandeirantes just said that Internacional are selling Rodrigo Dourado to Manchester United for around €30M according to players agent.

Back