The Manchester United Thread

He's had his problems before living wise moreso when playing at Manchester City but that doesn't stop him being a top class striker, one of the best in the world and his work rate is phenominal. I'd say he fits right into LVG's system and we need a another player who is capable of bagging like 15+ goals in a season, for me he's ideal and we do need another striker anyway.

According to Sky Sports News an unnamed club in Premier League has made an offer anyway. One year left on his contract will be relatively cheap, name me a better alternative?

Last edited:
He's had his problems before living wise moreso when playing at Manchester City but that doesn't stop him being a top class striker, one of the best in the world and his work rate is phenominal. I'd say he fits right into LVG's system and we need a another player who is capable of bagging like 15+ goals in a season, for me he's ideal and we do need another striker anyway.

According to Sky Sports News an unnamed club in Premier League has made an offer anyway. One year left on his contract will be relatively cheap, name me a better alternative?

I'd be shocked if he even thought about moving back here, more chance of liverpool or Manchester taking over london as the "IT" City among mongy foreign footballers that care about that *****.

Well that's if their wives/girlfriends ok it. Yes that's a Dave dig.

Last edited:
Some people need a reality check on here if they wouldn't want Tevez, was good when he was under us before, has problems at Manchester City but so what?

One of the best strikers in the world, has PL experience and suits LVG's system, no brainer for me, if it happened I'd be delighted. Be better than most other options, for that there is not even many.

According to Di Marzio we are in talks with Bayern on Jerome Boateng, can't see how this will ever happen, what would be your thoughts if it did?

Personally would be pretty **** happy with it, but we'd get shafted.

Some people need a reality check on here if they wouldn't want Tevez, was good when he was under us before, has problems at Manchester City but so what?

One of the best strikers in the world, has PL experience and suits LVG's system, no brainer for me, if it happened I'd be delighted. Be better than most other options, for that there is not even many.

Rooney is first choice, if we sign player like Tevez then we might see Rooney in the midfield which is the worst thing that can happen for the team. Rooney will play no matter what, so he should play as striker.

Also suits Van Gaal system? Tevez is a free role player, he is a work horse and defends from the front but if you watch Rooney's interview he said what Van Gaal wants from his strikers. It's making runs to the channels and keeping CBs occupied so more creative players behind strikers can work in the space. Not sure Tevez is tactically disciplined to carry out this role. He is more instinct players.

Even ignoring that, Rooney is always first choice so I don't want Rooney in the midfield. Apart from that **** Tevez. There are many strikers who can be signed who will be a good back up.

Anyone apart from Suarez and Balotelli would be better choice than Argentinian ****. I would rather sign Gerrard or Steve McManaman.

Full Premier League fixture list
Aug 8: United v Tottenham Hotspur
Aug15: Aston Villa v United
Aug 22: United v Newcastle United
Aug 29: Swansea City v United
Sep 12: United v Liverpool
Sep 19:Southampton v United
Sep 26: United v Sunderland
Oct 3: Arsenal v United
Oct 17: Everton v Manchester United
Oct 24: United v Manchester City
Oct 31: Crystal Palace v United
Nov 7: United v West Bromwich Albion
Nov 21: Watford v United
Nov 28: Leicester City v United
Dec 5: United v West Ham United
Dec 12: Bournemouth v United
Dec 19: United v Norwich City
Dec 26: Stoke City v United
Dec 28: United v Chelsea
Jan 2: United v Swansea City
Jan 13: Newcastle United v United (7.45pm)
Jan 16: Liverpool v United
Jan 23: United v Southampton
Feb 2: United v Stoke City (8pm)
Feb 6: Chelsea v United
Feb 13: Sunderland v United
Feb 27: United v Arsenal
Mar 1: United v Watford (8pm)
Mar 5: West Bromwich Albion v United
Mar 12: United v Crystal Palace
Mar 19: Manchester City v United
Apr 2: United v Everton
Apr 9: Tottenham Hotspur v United
Apr 16: United v Aston Villa
Apr 23: West Ham United v United
Apr 30: United v Leicester City
May 7: Norwich City v United
May 15: United v Bournemouth

All fixtures subject to change.

According to Di Marzio we are in talks with Bayern on Jerome Boateng, can't see how this will ever happen, what would be your thoughts if it did?

Personally would be pretty **** happy with it, but we'd get shafted.

There is no way Bayern are selling him and it's just a ploy to get better contract which we have already seen happening. 100s of players and their agents use ManUtd name to get better contract and this is no different at all.

Rooney is first choice, if we sign player like Tevez then we might see Rooney in the midfield which is the worst thing that can happen for the team. Rooney will play no matter what, so he should play as striker.

Also suits Van Gaal system? Tevez is a free role player, he is a work horse and defends from the front but if you watch Rooney's interview he said what Van Gaal wants from his strikers. It's making runs to the channels and keeping CBs occupied so more creative players behind strikers can work in the space. Not sure Tevez is tactically disciplined to carry out this role. He is more instinct players.

Even ignoring that, Rooney is always first choice so I don't want Rooney in the midfield. Apart from that **** Tevez. There are many strikers who can be signed who will be a good back up.

Sorry I disagree, nearly all players have to adapt including Rooney under LVG's demands and philosophy, don't see why Tevez wouldn't be capable, he has the work ethic to do so. I know it won't happen anyway but I would of liked a proven striker like him.

Also I think you're understating how important our second striker will be this season, Rooney needs good competition anyway and IF he stays injury free, the amount of games alone will be too much for him. We will have plenty of need for a quality second striker this season. We need someone proven, not someone another young player like Wilson who is still learning his trade and developing.

Realistically there isn't much available so we may have to go for the alternative route in looking for a younger striker anyway because the few who have been spoken about such as Benzema/Higuain either aren't available or would cost a bomb to get.

Last edited:
Sorry I disagree, nearly all players have to adapt including Rooney under LVG's demands and philosophy, don't see why Tevez wouldn't be capable, he has the work ethic to do so. I know it won't happen anyway but I would of liked a proven striker like him.

Also I think you're understating how important our second striker will be this season, Rooney needs good competition anyway and IF he stays injury free, the amount of games alone will be too much for him. We will have plenty of need for a quality second striker this season. We need someone proven, not someone another young player like Wilson who is still learning his trade and developing.

Realistically there isn't much available so we may have to go for the alternative route in looking for a younger striker anyway because the few who have been spoken about such as Benzema/Higuain either aren't available or would cost a bomb to get.

Second striker is important but players like Tevez won't accept to be second choice. They want to play every min and that's not what we can afford to give for 2 strikers.

All year you wanted Wilson to start but where is more ready than ever you want another striker, young players like Wilson will never be totally ready if that's the case.

Someone like Berahino would be decent squad player. Young and improving, offers lot of the team. btw I disagree about Tevez. He is bulldog player who plays by his instincts more than other players.

Second striker is important but players like Tevez won't accept to be second choice. They want to play every min and that's not what we can afford to give for 2 strikers.

All year you wanted Wilson to start but where is more ready than ever you want another striker, young players like Wilson will never be totally ready if that's the case.

Someone like Berahino would be decent squad player. Young and improving, offers lot of the team. btw I disagree about Tevez. He is bulldog player who plays by his instincts more than other players.

Dunno about Berahino, not sure he's what we need, even as a second striker. I'd love Lacazette, would provide excellent competition for Rooney and has the pace to beat his man. Add in Wilson to the mix, and that should be good enough. But there'll likely be plenty of teams in the hunt for Lacazette, so it'll probably be tough to get him..

Dunno about Berahino, not sure he's what we need, even as a second striker. I'd love Lacazette, would provide excellent competition for Rooney and has the pace to beat his man. Add in Wilson to the mix, and that should be good enough. But there'll likely be plenty of teams in the hunt for Lacazette, so it'll probably be tough to get him..

I was just saying he is cheaper and realistic option. Also we have Hernandez who is very good second striker.

Are we all forgetting that we have just signed the top scorer from the eredivisie? He could just as easily play as a second striker if need be. That might even be why he was bought for all we know. We could have the next Thierry Henry here if all goes to plan

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

We have Robin Van Persie. With the proper rotation, sans Falcao, it should be fine. A third forward can be compensated in Depay perhaps, but Van Persie will be getting the amount of games to satisfy his desire to play an important role for us, rather than sharing the load with a player who wants the same thing (Falcao) or plodding on the bench or in the reserves.

Back