The Manchester United Thread

On the DDG transfer, aren't madrid facing a transfer ban next year or moreover a registration ban or has that gone away now?

On the DDG transfer, aren't madrid facing a transfer ban next year or moreover a registration ban or has that gone away now?

No idea, but even if they do you'd imagine they'd get their way round it... just look at Barcelona and Turan.... ****** joke that is and they can reverse the transfer paying 10% less of what they originally paid back to Atletico Madrid..... that's if their new president doesn't want him.

Manchester United 'agree Matteo Darmian fee with Torino' | Football News | Sky Sports

I don't watch Darmian much other than his games for Italy (in which he looked really impressive) but if we have really signed him I would be delighted.

******. If he transitions to the English game/ way of life, and I have little doubt he will, that's an outstanding signing at a fantastic price.

Although I'm sure this will just be a 'meh' from Theatreof Dreams as he doesn't think he'd be anything more than a back-up.

Isn't that right ToD? ;)

Manchester United 'agree Matteo Darmian fee with Torino' | Football News | Sky Sports

I don't watch Darmian much other than his games for Italy (in which he looked really impressive) but if we have really signed him I would be delighted.

Sensible business by us if it happens and I'd be very happy with this signing. Not going to pretend to be an expert and say I watch him regularly because I don't.

However from people I trust and from what I've seen he makes very few mistakes, especially good attacking as well. Versatile can play LB or even CB. Really hope this one happens because for £12.7m it's a good bit of business.

******. If he transitions to the English game/ way of life, and I have little doubt he will, that's an outstanding signing at a fantastic price.

Although I'm sure this will just be a 'meh' from Theatreof Dreams as he doesn't think he'd be anything more than a back-up.

Isn't that right ToD? ;)

Nah, he'll be first choice eventually, offers much more than Valencia. Might take a while for him to adjust but he'll suit LVG... tactically flexible Italian defender.

Nah, he'll be first choice eventually, offers much more than Valencia. Might take a while for him to adjust but he'll suit LVG... tactically flexible Italian defender.

He'll be first choice by opening day all things being equal if he settles fast.

Real quality, old school Italian defender that can play too. And his tactile nounce and versatility are a real bonus too Can't speak highly enough of him.

I'm made up with Clyne but I'd of taken Matteo in a heartbeat over him.

Real quality, old school Italian defender that can play too. And his tactile nounce and versatility are a real bonus too Can't speak highly enough of him.

(Don't take this the wrong way) But he said he'd only leave Torino for CL football or else I'm sure you would of been in for him. But yeh I agree on what you said.

(Don't take this the wrong way) But he said he'd only leave Torino for CL football or else I'm sure you would of been in for him. But yeh I agree on what you said.

Nah. FSG and more so Rodgers have a thing about young English.

Clyne was who they identified and the only one they wanted.

Frustrating as that is to me. He may well not of come, who knows? But I feel pretty secure in saying they never looked at anyone beyond Clyne.

View attachment 903117

Haven't really followed the Serie A recently, never seen Darmian playing, so all I have is Squawka's comparison.
What do you think guys, isn't he only a panic buy?

No way is this a panic buy, he's a quality player and why are you just going off stats? If you are so determined to go off Squawka then read Squawka Dave's tweets about him which explains it nicely.

No way is this a panic buy, he's a quality player and why are you just going off stats? If you are so determined to go off Squawka then read Squawka Dave's tweets about him which explains it nicely.

Alright alright, keep it cool mate, don't cut my head off only because I've missed the articles...we are on the same bus, right? :) Thanks for the links btw.
Hope he is gonna be a massive success and considering Shaw's fitness and injury history, we would need him on both flanks.

He's no need to push anything though has he?

Last year of his contract. Madrid want him, and whether it's this year or next they'll doubtless get him. By all accounts, whatever the reason, he wants to return home. So he sits. If Madrid desperately want the deal done for this season, they pay and he moves. Getting what he ultimately wants. If they don't, he still wins. He sits for a year, not overly unhappy with life, and gets an even bigger pay packet from a freebie transfer.

Same for Madrid. Unless they're absolutely desperate to have him this year, the prudent thing for them to do would be to sit and wait a season, safe in the knowledge they're getting what they hope will be their new Casilas for the next 10 years for free.

The only losers ultimately here are Utd, who, like you say, should of attended to this sooner.

Always amazes me after the McManaman situation that clubs can let high value players contracts run down in the Bosman era. You need to start talking 2 or 3 years before they're up, and if it's getting into the last 2 years and they don't look like they're going to re-sign, then you cut ties, get the most you can and go in another direction.

Harsh lesson learnt.
Expect it's not really a harsh lesson learned when uniTed would rather lose him on a free next season than a Mininal fee now anyway. And be happier doing so, giving then more time for alternatives and more time working valdes back. Wish you'd stop patronising United and united fans, it's getting really tedious now

Alright alright, keep it cool mate, don't cut my head off only because I've missed the articles...we are on the same bus, right? :) Thanks for the links btw.
Hope he is gonna be a massive success and considering Shaw's fitness and injury history, we would need him on both flanks.

Im amazed if that is the price. There must be some add OnsOns

Now now not what I said :P I said there was not much between him and Darmian ;) But of coarse Darmian is shed loads better now :)

4x6pwu9yoiayhjwzgsjc_normal.jpeg
Sport Witness @Sport_Witness Darmian to accepts Man United move on 4 year deal at £48k per week. http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/darmian-to-accept-man-united-move-on-4-year-deal-at-48k-per-week …

View attachment 903117

Haven't really followed the Serie A recently, never seen Darmian playing, so all I have is Squawka's comparison.
What do you think guys, isn't he only a panic buy?

You are using total which won't give the right results as everyone didn't play same mins. Try per 90mins and that will give better picture

Back