The Manchester United Thread

We got offered him back in 2003 before Utd played Sporting and pounced and he openly wanted to join. But Houllier decided otherwise.

Yeah, that was a wise decision.

Now im getting excited! :)

B93B13A8F87D4FDF8C92401009595149.ashx
A2772FB947ED4E809C6F4425099E6A25.ashx
200196BDF4CD47F8B832FABA59CB2A79.ashx

After seeing Koemans quotes and the same old sick line we heard last season about players being sick then sold within days after. Think Schniederlin is a done dealio :) On to the next :P

After seeing Koemans quotes and the same old sick line we heard last season about players being sick then sold within days after. Think Schniederlin is a done dealio :) On to the next :P

Wouldn't bet on it, everyone thought we'd have this wrapped up few weeks ago.

Only clowns that believed every tweet and Mirror article. This is done Koemans all but confirmed it.

See in the next few days, but I feel we may be pursuing other targets because Southampton are demanding £27m for him according to Guardian.

I'd say £20m is more than fair considering his current situation.

Nothing Is a done deal till a player is in red, but it will happen soon enough hopefully. Trying to find out if there is anything in links to darmian

See in the next few days, but I feel we may be pursuing other targets because Southampton are demanding £27m for him according to Guardian.

We aren't pursuing any other target at 6 apart from schweinstieger. They will come to a compromise at some point

20m wont cut it we have already had that rejected. We are defo pursuing and want Schniederlin. We are most likely after more than one CM. 27m will be fine by me.

Nothing Is a done deal till a player is in red, but it will happen soon enough hopefully. Trying to find out if there is anything in links to darmian

Been reported by quite a few Italian sources tbf, we're running out of options - Darmian should be a no brainer for 20m euros (but how often do we do the logical deal, that's why I doubt it). Rafael is looking likely to leave as well from reports today, thought there was hope but appears not.

SKY Italia reporting that Torino are waiting for Man United new bid to come in for #Darmian - Torino want 20 million euros.

We aren't pursuing any other target at 6 apart from schweinstieger. They will come to a compromise at some point

Yeh I know, my logical brain is just speaking that if we dismiss our current situation as it is, anything over £20m is overpaying, so I can see why we may be trying to convince Southampton he's not the be all and end all to our plans. (In reality there isn't much else so he is really).

Last edited:
Yeh I know, my logical brain is just speaking that if we dismiss our current situation as it is, anything over £20m is overpaying, so I can see why we may be trying to convince Southampton he's not the be all and end all to our plans. (In reality there isn't much else so he is really).
I wouldn't pay more than 25m personally, so I totally understand why negotiations are ongoing

Been reported by quite a few Italian sources tbf, we're running out of options - Darmian should be a no brainer for 20m euros (but how often do we do the logical deal, that's why I doubt it). Rafael is looking likely to leave as well from reports today, thought there was hope but appears not.
David Amoyal reports we've bid 15m euros. He's been very good with Italian transfers since he started so that's a decent place to star, but we shall see

I wouldn't pay more than 25m personally, so I totally understand why negotiations are ongoing
That's a fair price I think. Maybe chuck the other 2m on in bonuses or something. 27m would be my max. What you find on Darmian mate?

The Casillas situation is interesting, I thought Madrid would have to keep him if it looked like they wouldn't get De Gea. But that isn't the case, he's most likely on the way out as Sid Lowe has said today, off to Porto.

This means that they need De Gea now right? Strengthens our hand significantly.

SKY Italia reporting that Torino are waiting for Man United new bid to come in for #Darmian - Torino want 20 million euros.

IF you sign Darmian (still praying to all that is Holly and not that you don't); I fully expect an apology for doubting my assessment after you've seen him play a few games and he's your best defender.

Just so as we're clear. ;)

The Casillas situation is interesting, I thought Madrid would have to keep him if it looked like they wouldn't get De Gea. But that isn't the case, he's most likely on the way out as Sid Lowe has said today, off to Porto.

This means that they need De Gea now right? Strengthens our hand significantly.

And the game continues...

Back