The Manchester United Thread

Follow

Sky Sports Football
@SkyFootball

Man Utd agree a fee with Torino for Matteo Darmian, according to Sky Italia. More here: http://skysports.tv/CxS5ef

c2946d37d481c6b747943533d88f55f3_normal.jpeg
Ian Ladyman
@Ian_Ladyman_DM Confirmed dialogue ongoing between #mufc and Torino over defender Matteo Darmian. A bit of old school off the radar United business, this.

GvN8QFFw_normal.jpeg
Omid Zamani @OmldZamani @Moshood_mufc No, SKY Italia never said, SKY UK with another wrong translation

Quick round up looks like Darmian is all but done. Few reports in Germany and France of and 82m Euros bid for Muller. Jackson and a few others saying we want Schniederlin complete before tour. Casillas to Porto looks to be edging nearer, and Madrid offered contracts to 3 new players today non of which was Ramos.

I'll believe a fee is agreed when someone like Amoyal says it or its in official reports. Fee is just too low for me

Expect it's not really a harsh lesson learned when uniTed would rather lose him on a free next season than a Mininal fee now anyway. And be happier doing so, giving then more time for alternatives and more time working valdes back. Wish you'd stop patronising United and united fans, it's getting really tedious now

Seriously? You seriously took that as an attack on Utd and somehow being patronising? I agree with you that Utd, not De Gea, messed up in not acting sooner; but because I don't agree with the club that letting a substantial fee (and even well below his worth it's still a substation all amount of money) walk for free you take offence and felt that?

Man, we're getting sensitive here. Come on Mike, you're smarter than that.

You're right though. It isn't a lesson learned if they're happy to let it play like that again. But then more fool Utd. Or ANY other club for that matter who do the same with contracts in the Bosman era. My own included.

And that's not being patronising or condescending or however else you want to mistakingly take it. It's just down right smart business sense.

Last edited:
Seriously? You seriously took that as an attack on Utd and somehow being patronising? I agree with you that Utd, not De Gea, messed up in not acting sooner; but because I don't agree with the club that letting a substantial fee (and even well below his worth it's still a substation all amount of money) walk for free you take offence and felt that?

Man, we're getting sensitive here. Come on Mike, you're smarter than that.

You're right though. It isn't a lesson learned if they're happy to let it play like that again. But then more fool Utd. Or ANY other club for that matter who do the same with contracts in the Bosman era. My own included.

And that's not being patronising or condescending or however else you want to mistakingly take it. It's just down right smart business sense.

It's really simple man, United will profit more for having DDG for one more season than to sell him for 20 millions this season.

It's really simple man, United will profit more for having DDG for one more season than to sell him for 20 millions this season.

I don't know. Wouldn't it be better to get a keeper in and let him get used to the EPL for one season? I mean we all saw how foreign keepers like De Gea and Courtois struggled in their first season when coming in from a foreign country even when Courtois had a established defense in front of him. Unless of course you are planning to buy Lloris or smt as his replacement

I don't know. Wouldn't it be better to get a keeper in and let him get used to the EPL for one season? I mean we all saw how foreign keepers like De Gea and Courtois struggled in their first season when coming in from a foreign country even when Courtois had a established defense in front of him. Unless of course you are planning to buy Lloris or smt as his replacement

It would in ideal scenario when we have established defense. United doesn't have that. Only part of defense that is featuring regularly is De Gea. Going into new season with new GK and new defenders is tough. One or the other is manageable, both is really hard. United can't really afford that scenario, but if it happens, it will be on United terms.

IF you qualify for the Champions League directly you could reason that. But that's gotten cut in half with Chelsea and Citeh's money. 2 of the top 4 are more or less guaranteed for the foreseeable. You're then down to one of Arsenal, United or Liverpool missing out. Two years ago it was United. Last year it was Liverpool. No guarantee which of the three will miss this next season.

That's a big 'if' to gamble on with no guarantee that will happen. Or he'll be as professional and committed through the last year. (Nothing makes me think he wouldn't FWIW. Just the possibilities there.).

I fully understand the reasoning. I just think it's a crazy scenario to gamble on that and let a substantial fee walk out the door for nothing regardless.

After we screwed over McManaman way back when and ended up losing him the following year for nothing, I honestly thought this wouldn't happen again but clubs seem oblivious to the risk they stand to lose. Arsenal keep doing the same with Walcott for example.

I don't get it at all.

Manchester United apparently don't have a ladies team. Anyone knows the reason?

IF you qualify for the Champions League directly you could reason that. But that's gotten cut in half with Chelsea and Citeh's money. 2 of the top 4 are more or less guaranteed for the foreseeable. You're then down to one of Arsenal, United or Liverpool missing out. Two years ago it was United. Last year it was Liverpool. No guarantee which of the three will miss this next season.

That's a big 'if' to gamble on with no guarantee that will happen. Or he'll be as professional and committed through the last year. (Nothing makes me think he wouldn't FWIW. Just the possibilities there.).

I fully understand the reasoning. I just think it's a crazy scenario to gamble on that and let a substantial fee walk out the door for nothing regardless.

After we screwed over McManaman way back when and ended up losing him the following year for nothing, I honestly thought this wouldn't happen again but clubs seem oblivious to the risk they stand to lose. Arsenal keep doing the same with Walcott for example.

I don't get it at all.

I don't think you have idea just how big United is. Whats the bigger gamble, getting UCL with or without De Gea? 20 million is next to peanuts to United if you compare the gains of having De Gea here for another season.

Manchester United apparently don't have a ladies team. Anyone knows the reason?

There was a lot of talk about that through the WWC on the TV. They apparently did have one up until 10 years ago, then axed it as it wasn't financially viable to the business. Real strange stance to still not have one given all the publicity and potential new female fans it could bring.

FC United even run a girls team apparently.

There was a lot of talk about that through the WWC on the TV. They apparently did have one up until 10 years ago, then axed it as it wasn't financially viable to the business. Real strange stance to still not have one given all the publicity and potential new female fans it could bring.

Read somewhere it will be talked about or they was gonna talk about it.

I don't think you have idea just how big United is. Whats the bigger gamble, getting UCL with or without De Gea? 20 million is next to peanuts to United if you compare the gains of having De Gea here for another season.

You can have the most profitable business in the World, in whatever line; and losing £20 million is still a substantial hit.

But hey, if you're happy and stand by the club doing that, fair enough. It's your club and no biggie to me.

Don't bemoan it though if you miss the Champions League. Which would be compounded if you don't navigate the qualifier this year which is never easy early season.

Alright alright, keep it cool mate, don't cut my head off only because I've missed the articles...we are on the same bus, right? :) Thanks for the links btw.
Hope he is gonna be a massive success and considering Shaw's fitness and injury history, we would need him on both flanks.

Yes, I wasn't reacting aggressively or anything sorry if it came across that way.

Darmian at 20m euros (which is Torino's asking price, assume we agree at that) and 48k wages is ****** great business. Can't wait to see him in a United shirt, but I won't get too psyched until it's actually done.

Exactly. With the commercial power and fanbase that United have, they could easily give the women's game and the league a lift by leveraging on that. As for it not being financially viable, I am pretty sure the same applies to other top clubs. With the money United generate, that's no excuse anymore. Really poor stance from the club

Yes, I wasn't reacting aggressively or anything sorry if it came across that way.

Darmian at 20m euros (which is Torino's asking price, assume we agree at that) and 48k wages is ****** great business. Can't wait to see him in a United shirt, but I won't get too psyched until it's actually done.

Imagine how strong that right side would look if they'd only listen to you and pair him with Otemandi. ;)

Back