The Manchester United Thread

We wouldnt be exaclt changing the GK with Valdes. He's been at the club how long now? Training day in day out and building up an understanding with all of the defenders that would be infront of him. He's not just walked into the club and starting from scratch.

Actually the more I think about Valdes taking over the more I think it could work. People say about him physically and claiming crosses and what not (I was one). Have we not been doing that **** in training since he's been here? Has he not been roughed up a bit in corner routines? He's had about 8 months of learning the physical side behind closed doors and not being thrown in head first like DDG was. For all we know he might be catching 9/10 now instead of 4/5 out of 10.
How do we know what level Valdes will be at he played all of 2-3 games and 1 of them was a sub and made an error in 1 getting beat at his near post. Training is very different to a match situation any how.

Omid Zamani @OmldZamani

Looks like getting closer and might be done deal very soon. Hopefully he is as good as Serie A fans rate him, which is very high.
Yes mate looking like it. Watched him a few times last season and was impressed by the times I watched him, must say not a lot. All the people ive spoke to rate him massively so that's good enough for me as they watch him more. And at that price could be a bargain :)

Yes mate looking like it. Watched him a few times last season and was impressed by the times I watched him, must say not a lot. All the people ive spoke to rate him massively so that's good enough for me as they watch him more. And at that price could be a bargain :)

You're welcome. (H).

How do we know what level Valdes will be at he played all of 2-3 games and 1 of them was a sub and made an error in 1 getting beat at his near post. Training is very different to a match situation any how.

I seem to remember DDG getting beat at his near post a few times aswell. Even dived over a ball on one occasion. Cant save everything.

Waiting for a last minute Bayern swoop to break all our hearts again on a transfer. :/

So has Valdes
What ever this is boring! If your happy with the club getting bent over and shafted by Madrid fine. But I for one am happy with the way Ed has handled this. Give us a good fee or Ramos or **** off and wait a year and that's all ive got to say on the Ramos /DDG merry go round.

What ever this is boring! If your happy with the club getting bent over and shafted by Madrid fine. But I for one am happy with the way Ed has handled this. Give us a good fee or Ramos or **** off and wait a year and that's all ive got to say on the Ramos /DDG merry go round.

No im not happy with getting shafted. But is getting £20m for a player in the last year of their contract, that really wants to go, getting shafted?

Imagine it the other way round. We would be stupid to pay any more given the circumstances. I dont see why it should be any different against us.

No im not happy with getting shafted. But is getting £20m for a player in the last year of their contract, that really wants to go, getting shafted?

Imagine it the other way round. We would be stupid to pay any more given the circumstances. I dont see why it should be any different against us.
Your argument is flawed right off the bat as they only offered us 13m. 13m ffs screw them!

But Perez is known for his stupid decisions so why not wait until he makes one and offers us a deserved fee for De Gea, if not they can wait a year to get him and we'll have his services until then, making the most out of what he'll offer us this season.

Plus if Casillas goes they need him now.

Last edited:
Your argument is flawed right off the bat as they only offered us 13m. 13m ffs screw them!

According to who? Your tweets? Even if thats the case, that is whats called an opening bid. Not what they really expect to pay at the end of negotiations. Like we are doing with Schneiderlin, and apparently did with Darmian. You always low-ball on your opening bid. We'll just see what happens.

Sounds like RVP to Fener is picking up pace. Reports reps from the club have been at Utd today to talk about a deal.

According to who? Your tweets? Even if thats the case, that is whats called an opening bid. Not what they really expect to pay at the end of negotiations. Like we are doing with Schneiderlin, and apparently did with Darmian. You always low-ball on your opening bid. We'll just see what happens.
That's why we are were we are because that's all they want to pay. Perez wants it his way or no way, anyway like you said we will see.

Back