The Manchester United Thread

bK2eAKh8_normal.jpg
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano Matteo #Darmian is really really close to Manchester United

_ztoY7HX_normal.jpg
David Amoyal @DavidAmoyal Manchester United and Torino are only €2 million apart for Darmian, deal is very close!

This Darmian deal if happens would be fantastic deal. Just 18Million euros which is around 12.8 Million pounds and they have also reported he will be earning 2Million euro (which is after tax), so he will be earning just 55K per week (before tax) and that's lot less than our average players.

If everything is reported correctly.

I don't see how anyone can say keeping De Gea isn't worth 20m. Rooney makes more than 20m a year, and he's was less important to the team last season.

Yeah, goalkeepers generally make less, **** knows why, its the most important position far as I'm concerned. The point is its not unusual for top clubs to throw 20m a year for their best player. De Gea is second only to Neuer, you just can't replace its always a risk having to replace that kind of quality. With an unbalanced team, its a no brainer to try and keep him unless he forces a transfer.

And who knows, maybe his GF dumps hin next year and he'll stay.

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone can say keeping De Gea isn't worth 20m. Rooney makes more than 20m a year, and he's was less important to the team last season.

Yeah, goalkeepers generally make less, **** knows why, its the most important position far as I'm concerned. The point is its not unusual for top clubs to throw 20m a year for their best player. De Gea is second only to Neuer, you just can't replace its always a risk having to replace that kind of quality. With an unbalanced team, its a no brainer to try and keep him unless he forces a transfer.

And who knows, maybe his GF dumps hin next year and he'll stay.

That's probably best case. GF dumps him/He dumps her, and he realizes that he's being a bit silly. He would leave a team that adores him and move to a team where the fans are so fickle and two faced. He would also lose the respect from the team and fans that he apparently supports and gave him his chance (Athetico Madrid)

This Darmian deal if happens would be fantastic deal. Just 18Million euros which is around 12.8 Million pounds and they have also reported he will be earning 2Million euro (which is after tax), so he will be earning just 55K per week (before tax) and that's lot less than our average players.

If everything is reported correctly.
That Amoyal chap reckons it will be completed today. At the figures you quoted :) what a bargain! Also said club has started to listen for offers for Rafa.

That Amoyal chap reckons it will be completed today. At the figures you quoted :) what a bargain! Also said club has started to listen for offers for Rafa.

He doesn't have any sources. He just translated DiMarzio's articles.

Good to see us looking at Serie A. We have sort of ignored it for years.

Back