The Manchester United Thread

So He's 30 and from what I can see, missed 112 days of last season through injury.
Don't know if I'm happy or sad about this possible signing in fairness.
I really want Schneiderlin at the club.
Hard to blame him, he did not even take a rest during the break, carrying Germany into a World Cup win and then had to play straight away for Bayern, so it is not unexpected that he managed to injure himself during that time.

I mean, how can anyone be sad when a player like Schweinsteiger is going to join us? A genuine world class player that brings experience, winning mentality as well as leadership to the club. Not to mention a player that loves playing in LVG's system.

I think we've moved on from Schneiderlin because Southampton are high balling us, they now wanted £30m when in reality £20m was a very fair offer for a player who wants out.I'm actually very surprised how quiet he has been about the whole situation thus far, it's very unlike what he done season before, so I wouldn't lose total hope just yet.

No one knows what LVG plans are the current midfielders such as Blind and Di Maria that we could class may be playing in diffeent positions mainly. I don't believe Blind brings much at all to our midfield everytime I've seen him in this league. Much prefer him at LB but even then not over Shaw.

Last edited:
rrmX0xPE_normal.jpeg
Christian Falk
@cfbayern Latest News to @BSchweinsteiger and @ManUtd: the negotiations are in the concrete phase. Tomorrow there is perhaps the decision @FCBayern

lFsNcBDR_normal.png
Sky Sports Football
@SkyFootball Bastian Schweinsteiger's move to Manchester United reported to be 'imminent'.

I think we've moved on from Schneiderlin because Southampton are high balling us, they now wanted £30m when in reality £20m was a very fair offer for a player who wants out.I'm actually very surprised how quiet he has been about the whole situation thus far, it's very unlike what he done season before, so I wouldn't lose total hope just yet.

No one knows what LVG plans are the current midfielders such as Blind and Di Maria that we could class may be playing in diffeent positions mainly. I don't believe Blind brings much at all to our midfield everytime I've seen him in this league. Much prefer him at LB but even then not over Shaw.

I don't think that's the case though. We just don't bid for player and not follow up on it. It's clear we need player like Schneiderlin and I'm sort of confident that we will sign him. I think signings are accelerated, within few days we are signing Darmian and if rumors are true then Bastian. Those 2 are massive deals, one for part of functional team and other as a superstar.

mA9GlEvw_normal.png
Sky Sport News HD
@SkySportNewsHD Schweinsteiger unmittelbar vor Wechsel - Einigung mit Manchester United, es fehlt aber noch die Unterschrift.

Sky Germany are on it. Utd just need the signature.

#calciomercato Schweinsteiger praticamente del Man Utd. Oggi definiti ultimi dettagli @SkySport
Schweinsteiger is practically a Manchester United player. Today last few details finalized

This is a great cure for my hangover :P

mA9GlEvw_normal.png
Sky Sport News HD
@SkySportNewsHD Schweinsteiger unmittelbar vor Wechsel - Einigung mit Manchester United, es fehlt aber noch die Unterschrift.

Sky Germany are on it. Utd just need the signature.

#calciomercato Schweinsteiger praticamente del Man Utd. Oggi definiti ultimi dettagli @SkySport
Schweinsteiger is practically a Manchester United player. Today last few details finalized

This is a great cure for my hangover :P
it will if its true and not another player looking to get a better deal from there club by playing the man u want me card

I don't think that's the case though. We just don't bid for player and not follow up on it. It's clear we need player like Schneiderlin and I'm sort of confident that we will sign him. I think signings are accelerated, within few days we are signing Darmian and if rumors are true then Bastian. Those 2 are massive deals, one for part of functional team and other as a superstar.
Yeah everything I have read even from reliable saints journo Cook and Perch says we will sign Morgan as well :)

I mean, how can anyone be sad when a player like Schweinsteiger is going to join us?

That's why I said "Fully fit, He would hit the ground running and His experience/passing range going forward can only improve our team. He doesn't strike me as the kind of player who would struggle to settle at a new club/league.

Let's just hope He stays fit."

With last season's insane injury levels still fresh in my mind, it's natural to worry about bringing in a player who is 'getting on a bit'.
He stays fit and it's an amazing signing... He doesn't and all he will be is a name on the back of kids jerseys come christmas.

I don't think that's the case though. We just don't bid for player and not follow up on it. It's clear we need player like Schneiderlin and I'm sort of confident that we will sign him.

Me too.
I believe the player wants to join us and He is a great long term replacement for Carrick.

And all the while Citeh still working hard on bringing in to their dressing room a complete malcontent for a massively over inflated fee.

Good week to be of the red persuasion in Manchester.

And all the while Citeh still working hard on bringing in to their dressing room a complete malcontent for a massively over inflated fee.

its allways good to be the red half of manchester

-0wzCOqp_normal.jpg
Greg Stobart @gstobart If United get Schweinsteiger (which looks on) they will still sign Schneiderlin. Full midfield overhaul - and pretty formidable #MUFC

Here you go Zzeezzy ;)

I would love if they paid £50m for that over-hyped numpty.

Back