The Manchester United Thread

2FfaD6kd_normal.jpeg
Alex Goring Crook @alex_crook For those asking, yes I believe #mufc still will get Schneiderlin. Do not have a timescale as to when the move will go through #saintsfc
Its happening. What a fantastic midfield we will have. :)

Jesus, what a signing, he brings a lot more to United than just his on pitch abilities. This is a big statement not only in England but to all of Europe.

With another CM/STR/CB - we're going to be possible challengers in Europe next season, let alone PL.

Jesus, what a signing, he brings a lot more to United than just his on pitch abilities. This is a big statement not only in England but to all of Europe.

With another CM/STR/CB - we're going to be possible challengers in Europe next season, let alone PL.
calm down son what have you done with the real zzeezzy and can we have him back

£50 million spent, £10 million sold. If the rumours are true and we hVe £150 million then that leave £110 on schneiderlin, cb and St. Schneiderlin should be £25 million so that leave 85 million. 30 million on ottamendi then 55 million on Kane,higuian or benzama. If de gea goes then lloris would add more experience to the team.

de gea
darmian Smalling ottamendi shaw

Carrick/schweinsteiger

mata Herrera
di Maria. Depay

Rooney/Kane

£50 million spent, £10 million sold. If the rumours are true and we hVe £150 million then that leave £110 on schneiderlin, cb and St. Schneiderlin should be £25 million so that leave 85 million. 30 million on ottamendi then 55 million on Kane,higuian or benzama. If de gea goes then lloris would add more experience to the team.

de gea
darmian Smalling ottamendi shaw

Carrick/schweinsteiger

mata Herrera
di Maria. Depay

Rooney/Kane

Add on top of that all the wages saved and loyalty bonus for RVP, really good business so far, got to say. Was a bit worried that we left it a bit longer than I expected, but no matter now!

Add on top of that all the wages saved and loyalty bonus for RVP, really good business so far, got to say. Was a bit worried that we left it a bit longer than I expected, but no matter now!
That budget probably includes wages as well. That figure is probably closer to 90 million. I can't see why Real would want to sell Benzema. Napoli have already rejected €60 million from Arsenal for Higuain. I can't see them joining when they would enjoy first team football at another club. It remains to be seen whether Harry Kane would happen. Schneiderlin and Otamendi are realistic targets with a good chance of joining. Those happen, United would have £20-30 million max on a new striker. I can't see any world class striker joining, as you already own Rooney.

That budget probably includes wages as well. That figure is probably closer to 90 million. I can't see why Real would want to sell Benzema. Napoli have already rejected €60 million from Arsenal for Higuain. I can't see them joining when they would enjoy first team football at another club. It remains to be seen whether Harry Kane would happen. Schneiderlin and Otamendi are realistic targets with a good chance of joining. Those happen, United would have £20-30 million max on a new striker. I can't see any world class striker joining, as you already own Rooney.
Don't think that includes wages tbh.

We don't need a world-class striker in my opinion, plus there really isn't many at all in todays game in my view. I think bidding high for Kane is too early, he needs another season or two.

The goalkeeping situation is interesting but if Valdes and De Gea goes it certain we have a replacement. Personally I'd like Jan Oblak as he looks class and is Slovenian so less likely chase a dream to Spain.

Well, at the very least we needed an experienced leader. Ramos would have been it but Schweini is equally useful for this.

So let's recap .....

A good few weeks back, I openly said Darmian is the one RB you needed (when everyone was fawning over the Barca fella') ..... and you get him. Crud. Not good.

Then, I openly say I aren't arsed about the Saint as he's not worth anything like they're asking, but the very last player I wanted in England, let alone at Utd, was Schweinsteiger. You get him. Double crud. Not good.

So now I'm playing this backwards. If you get who I say I don't want you to get ...... I hope you don't land Fabian Delph and Ricky Lambert.

Make it so Football God's!

Last edited:
gKEvCXwg_normal.png
Sky Sports News HQ
@SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING NEWS: Torino announce that defender Matteo Darmian has signed for Manchester United #SSNHQ

Schweinsteiger
Herrera - Di Maria
Mata
Rooney - Depay

Certainly looks a formidable attack on paper... obviously scope for change with the formation and with new players still likely to arrive

Back