The Manchester United Thread

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd Louis van Gaal has confirmed he plans to field 22 different players again when the Reds face San Jose Earthquakes on 21 July. #MUtour

The logic that has been used in the last few pages has been absurd. You all need a slap.

Yeah...I just woke up and laughed at the previous pages, wondering why I even argued...

I should have stopped when someone said ramsey is better than Schweinsteiger...

Yeah...I just woke up and laughed at the previous pages, wondering why I even argued...

I should have stopped when someone said ramsey is better than Schweinsteiger...
Sooner the next game comes round the better, can get back to a normal discussion. Wonder if we will see Valencia,Fellaini,DDG,Goss this time round. Also read that Goss has been getting help off Carrick in training :)

LOL at French press and PSG calling us greedy this morning because we wont sell them ADM for 40m pounds, and that we will only sell for a profit. Now they say that they will go onto De Bruyne now instead. **** off PSG! :)

The whole di maria leaving was all bollocks tbh...

He's stated several times that he's staying but the media never give up

Looks like could be something in the Pedro talk. Lot of Spanish media reporting a bid will go in and be excepted this week. 25m euros. Must mean that LVG see Memphis or Pedro as a choice for STR role.

LOL at French press and PSG calling us greedy this morning because we wont sell them ADM for 40m pounds, and that we will only sell for a profit. Now they say that they will go onto De Bruyne now instead. **** off PSG! :)
thats some funny **** like we are going to sell for a loss

ed or not no club is going to sell some 1 thay got last season for 60m then sell him next season for less just psg trying it on
They can try all they like ED will just tell them to do one. PSG trying to play at the big boy table sigh.....

If he adapted to the English game (always a big 'if' that nobody seems to take into account when it comes to foreigners from leagues nothing like ours. Just 'he's a big name/ price, and he's done it in Spain or Italy <where he's had time to play but won't in England> so sign him ASAP!'), Pedro would be an excellent signing and sorely needed as there's little to no serious quality behind Rooney. If he went down as things currently stand, that would be a major blow.

He may not of started up front per se, but the way Barcelona interchange at will, he's often found himself in that position during games and been more than competent in so doing.

After thinking about it Pedro would be a good addition imo. Would give us so many options, can play anywhere behind the STR and could even be used as a STR if LVG sees fit or even free up Memphis for that role and play Pedro out wide. And at that price could be a bit of a bargain. Obviously has quality both footed, quick, good technique and passing. And gives LVG options all over the attacking Roles. For a winger/IF at Barca I think he has 120 gls in about 300 games, not to shabby.

Is there an emoji for looking around whistling? Lol

(Had to edit the quote as Tapatalk wouldnt let me put Memphis in bold. ***** app)

It doesn't mean that at all. LVG already Rooney, Hernandez and Wilson as the three options for the lone role, and that there might be a surprise forward addition in the market. Memphis isn't striker, and doesn't know how to play. Whether he learns it is another thing entirely. But scoring from wide doesn't mean you are instantly a striker.

It doesn't mean that at all. LVG already Rooney, Hernandez and Wilson as the three options for the lone role, and that there might be a surprise forward addition in the market. Memphis isn't striker, and doesn't know how to play. Whether he learns it is another thing entirely. But scoring from wide doesn't mean you are instantly a striker.
Any ideas of who that surprise STR might be? Cant think of any tbh. I thought Benteke maybe but not now.

Completely pointless post. Was obviously meant tongue in cheek to Theatreof Dreams. I know what LVG said. It was me that first commented about the surprise striker quote.

FWIW I think he might not even be thinking of buying this surprise striker. Could just as easily be promoted from within like Fellaini if its only a backup.

Completely pointless post. Was obviously meant tongue in cheek to Theatreof Dreams. I know what LVG said. It was me that first commented about the surprise striker quote.

FWIW I think he might not even be thinking of buying this surprise striker. Could just as easily be promoted from within like Fellaini if its only a backup.
Considering you've been pushing this about Memphis, hardly comes across as tongue in cheek.

He specifically mentioned the transfer market about a surprise striker.

Back