The Manchester United Thread

That's exactly what I was gonna say. When he was on the ball it looked like everyone else in slow motion. Just made it look easy. As the half went on he started getting a bit sloppy with his passes and being caught on the ball but like you say, I put that down to fitness more than anything. And I'm wondering if LVG might have had a word to the players about the pitch and told them just to keep it steady and not get injured. He didn't seem happy at all with it

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
Schweinstiger is a deep-lying playmaker/box to box midfielder, not a defensive midfielder.
Edit: I could name a few prem players better in the role, such as: Fabregas, Yaya Toure, Ramsey and Cazorla. He's also earning a disproportionate 220k per week, which is ridiculous relative to his squad role, ability and injury history. He is costing more than Schneiderlin throughout the duration of his contract and Schneiderlin has improved United the most.

Last edited:
Schweinstiger is a deep-lying playmaker/box to box midfielder, not a defensive midfielder.
Edit: I could name a few prem players better in the role, such as: Fabregas, Yaya Toure, Ramsey and Cazorla. He's also earning a disproportionate 220k per week, which is ridiculous relative to his squad role, ability and injury history. He is costing more than Schneiderlin throughout the duration of his contract and Schneiderlin has improved United the most.

He's better than ramsey...not sure why you're comparing him to ramsey...

Not sure why your tagging me but I can't even be arsed arguing any more today. Your just completely wrong. I'll leave the others to tell u why

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

He's better than ramsey...not sure why you're comparing him to ramsey...
In terms of getting about the pitch and tackling, Ramsey is certainly better. He's also a much better goalscorer at the moment, as well as a creator. Schweinstiger's main role is dictating the tempo of the game from deep. Ramsey is much more rounded.

Hes not on 220k a week as far as I know 145K a week. Well all depends on what site/paper you read. Sorry in no way is Ramsey,Toure,Corzola better than Schweinstiger!

Cazorla has been better over the past 5 seasons.
Lol ok then schweinsteiger arguably one of the backbones/driving force behind bayern dominating last 5 years remind me how arsenal have done apart from this season

Lol ok then schweinsteiger arguably one of the backbones/driving force behind bayern dominating last 5 years remind me how arsenal have done apart from this season

I was talking about an individual basis, not the whole team. The only aspect in which Bastien has been better at in the past 5 years is trophies. Schweinsteiger has also been too injury prone to the main driving force behind Bayern success, although he has made a big contribution.

giphy.gif

This is all I have to say about this current debate :)

Comparing Cazorla to Schweinsteiger is totally pointless, it's like me trying to compare Mata to Carrick, totally different players who play totally different roles in the team.

240k week wage? Where the **** are you seeing these things, it is £140k per week...

Back