The Manchester United Thread

Surely WUM?

Haha! I was a bit of a wind up about the past 5 seasons bit, however seriously speaking, Cazorla is better at this moment in time. Schwein was a key player in his world cup and champions league wins, however injuries and a lack of his previous form make me believe that Schneiderlin will displace him on the team sheet unless LVG plays with them both. The issue is, where does Herrera fit in?

Comparing Cazorla to Schweinsteiger is totally pointless, it's like me trying to compare Mata to Carrick, totally different players who play totally different roles in the team.

Exactly what I was going to say mate. What a completely pointless argument.

Haha! I was a bit of a wind up about the past 5 seasons bit, however seriously speaking, Cazorla is better at this moment in time. Schwein was a key player in his world cup and champions league wins, however injuries and a lack of his previous form make me believe that Schneiderlin will displace him on the team sheet unless LVG plays with them both. The issue is, where does Herrera fit in?
First of all, you're comparing two different players who play in different positions. You were posting stats how Cazora is more creative. Well, he is. Schweinsteiger is complete midfielder, a player who constantly controls the game. He is big, if not the biggest reason why German midfielder is so strong, as well as Bayerns. He was, as much as I hate that word, general in midfield. If you think Cazorla is better than Schweinsteiger, thats fine. It's opinion after all. I strongly disagree with it though.

Also I don't know why everyone is fascinated with stats, they're irrelevant (At least to me they are). The majority of football fans will tell you that Schweinsteiger is better than Ramsey, I happen to agree with this and I'm not even going to bother putting Cazorla into the discussion because as I, along with others have already said the comparisons are completely pointless.

Also I don't know why everyone is fascinated with stats, they're irrelevant (At least to me they are). The majority of football fans will tell you that Schweinsteiger is better than Ramsey, I happen to agree with this and I'm not even going to bother putting Cazorla into the discussion because as I, along with others have already said the comparisons are completely pointless.
I would sooner judge a player with my eyes than stats TBH. And I don't need stats to tell me Schweinstiger is better than Ramsey. Not saying Ramsey is poor or anything but.

I would sooner judge a player with my eyes than stats TBH. And I don't need stats to tell me Schweinstiger is better than Ramsey. Not saying Ramsey is poor or anything but.

Exactly for some people stats are the be-all and end-all of a discussion, "Oh, he has the better stats so he must be the better player". Sure I'll look at a players stats, but as you've said I wouldn't judge a player based on them.

The only mid I can graciously admit is better than Schweinsteiger in the epl is fabregas (september-december)

The only mid I can graciously admit is better than Schweinsteiger in the epl is fabregas (september-december)

To be fair, until he actually plays in the English league we don't know whether he'll adapt or not so it's bit premature to go that far.

That said the Arsenal comparisons deserve all the ridicule they've gotten.

These threads have seen some bollox arguments lately, think we all need the football to start again so we can actually talk about good stuff

These threads have seen some bollox arguments lately, think we all need the football to start again so we can actually talk about good stuff

Comparing DLP to AM.

Might as well argue whether Garry Kasparov is better then Schweinsteiger.

Selecting 2-3 stats and using that to prove Ramsey and Carzola are better than Schweinsteiger? Lol, no wonder other league fans say a lot about EPL fans.

Schweinsteiger is one of the best midfielder to play the game in last 20 years. His passing, engine, influence on overall game is just brilliant. It's not even close and not worth arguing also.

I thought something big happened and got excited so I read through 16 pages and all I saw is a Welbeck comparison and an absurd Schweinsteiger argument.

I don't even know how should I react.

Apparently Sergio Romero will have medical at ManUtd today. Hopefully he is just back up, never rated him highly.

The logic that has been used in the last few pages has been absurd. You all need a slap.

Back