The Manchester United Thread

It's Pedro.. There is no one else... Underrated and can fill that role, be good signing and give us options. No one else anyway atm available who's worth going for apart from him.

It's Pedro.. There is no one else... Underrated and can fill that role, be good signing and give us options. No one else anyway arm available who's worth going for apart from him.

Lyon openly have Lacozette on the market at 35 million FWIW.

But then you come back to the same thing as the Dutch league with the French. Sub standard and would he half the same success over here for the money?

It's Pedro.. There is no one else... Underrated and can fill that role, be good signing and give us options. No one else anyway atm available who's worth going for apart from him.
I'd agree. Plays across the flanks, goal scorer (though I'm not sure about his CF ability) two footed crosser. I'd take him, gives us lots of options

Guys, do you know nothing about footy? Obviously the surprise striker is Heskey.

Guys, please. Pedro is overrated, soft and most definitely NOT a cf/consistent scorer. Far from what we need.

Guys, please. Pedro is overrated, soft and most definitely NOT a cf/consistent scorer. Far from what we need.

No one gets over 50 caps for Spain and over 200 appearances at Barca if they are not good. Who would you rather? ***** a load on one season hype Harry Kane or even worse Benteke. (Before he moved).

Lacazette at 35m euros? Why didn't Liverpool move for him? That said he has all the attributes to succeed. Think people need to look past the French and Dutch league thing, and evaluate the player themselves.

Pedro is a consistent score and threat, from wide. Not sure at all about him as a centre forward mind. He's also an excellent crosser and a natural fit in a 4-3-3

Lacazette at 35m euros? Why didn't Liverpool move for him? That said he has all the attributes to succeed. Think people need to look past the French and Dutch league thing, and evaluate the player themselves.
Really annoys me that argument about its only the Dutch league French league rubbish. Had this discussion the other day when talking about Cillessen. People need to watch more football and not hang on what everyone else says, even though they clearly don't watch them themselves.

Him among others. Your guess is as good as mine as nobody I know here can explain it.

But Rodgers is set on a big hulk of not very much for a lot more so it is what it is.

Lacazette has informed Lyon he intends to stay next season. Think that's old news before he came out and said he won't be looking for a move.

Really annoys me that argument about its only the Dutch league French league rubbish. Had this discussion the other day when talking about Cillessen. People need to watch more football and not hang on what everyone else says, even though they clearly don't watch them themselves.

I have seen Cillessen and it would be the definition of stone average goalkeeper, not particularly special at anything, woild be huge downgrade from De Gea. We should be aiming better, he's not even young 27/28 so not like he has potential either.

Last edited:
Lacazette has informed Lyon he intends to stay next season. Think that's old news before he came out and said he won't be looking for a move.

Yeah, from what I understand he wants to stay at Lyon this season so that he can cement his place in the national squad, and if he has a good 2015/2016 campaign I'd expect to see him leaving after the Euros.

Fair shout. Can't seem to multi qoute but if he is staying for the reasons shogun says then he's got his head screwed on. He will also go for a fortune if he has another good year and tournament

Not from the Lyon president only last week.

They're now openly prepared to deal for 35. Out at the moment but I'll find it when I'm home.

Fair shout. Can't seem to multi qoute but if he is staying for the reasons shogun says then he's got his head screwed on. He will also go for a fortune if he has another good year and tournament

He doesn't mention the national team, but from what Lacazette said in an interview with Le Progres a while ago he definitely seems to have his head screwed on right:

"It's too early to say if I'll have opportunities abroad. It's always going to be a question of a sporting chance because financially I'm already earning enough in my life. And so for me to go off to Qatar next year to earn lots of cash doesn't interest me. Also to make my entire career at Lyon doesn't bother me as long as they continue to have the development and ambition to have a competitive team, even if we're not certain to win the Champions League. That's not a problem.".

Not from the Lyon president only last week.

They're now openly prepared to deal for 35. Out at the moment but I'll find it when I'm home.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the president's said, I've seen him say that Lacazette won't be leaving this summer under any circumstances. However I'm sure if the right bid came in Lyon would have to sell, but from Lazazette's point of view he won't be pushing for a transfer this season (At least it seems that way).

Last edited:
This is definitely the most fruitful season Lyon has had since eradicating the previous mentality of big-money moves every other season. The talent coming through in Lacazette, Umtiti, Fekir, Tolissi - to name a few - shows the change in direction the club has taken since those unbridled glory years in the mid-00s. So it's no surprise that they are taking the stance they are.

Also, just to chip in on the Ligue 1/Eredivise dispute. If we were to all judge players by what league the play in, then we would never see the best of what said nations can produce. Therefore, if they succeed in areas that are not England or Spain, they are deemed "not good enough" a lot of the time by the end of their careers, because they "never played at the highest level".

You can only beat what is in front of you.

Last edited:
Back