The Manchester United Thread

LOL, without being good he played so many games for ManUtd.

This is the kind of posts I was talking about last 2 days. Player is not good enough for ManUtd then "LAWL he is not good, he is ****" kind of retarded posts. He is much better than the average CBs playing in PL.

Exactly what I was saying yesterday about Evans. He was our best defender 2 years running. But he had an older more experienced player in Rio or Vidic next to him most of the time so it was like he was in a comfort zone with less pressure. Then last season when he was looked upon as the senior defender by LVG, and no longer had Rio/Vidic next to him, its like the pressure completely got to him. Whereas Smalling stepped up and took control.

He would walk into any team below the top 6 easily. Imagine Evans next to Jagielka if Stones goes. That would be pretty decent I think. The question is if he'd see Jagielka as his Rio/Vidic or if he'd look upon himself as the one with the greater experience of the two. He may thrive on the pressure at a lower club so to speak, where mistakes wont be as magnified as much.

Players like Rio and Vidic give confidence to players alongside them, mainly because of their personality and pedigree in the game. This is why more than anything we should still sign a CB, especially when you consider we'll have two relatively inexerpienced fullbacks playing. (Assuming Darmian is no.1, ****** hope he is over Valencia).

Players like Rio and Vidic give confidence to players alongside them, mainly because of their personality and pedigree in the game. This is why more than anything we should still sign a CB, especially when you consider we'll have two relatively inexerpienced fullbacks playing. (Assuming Darmian is no.1, ****** hope he is over Valencia).
He might not start as no 1 but he will take it. I'm not actually worried because as we've seen, LVG is ready to drop you if you are not good enough. If he can bench 60m Di Maria for Young, he can bench Valencia

Liverpool came back up in 1962. In the proceeding 53 seasons, they've only finished lower than 5th on 10 occasions, and never lower than 8th. A consistency NO other club has shown over the period.

The league has fluctuated from 22 teams to the the present 20 in that period.

Now I was never the best at maths, but a 'mid table club' that doesn't equate to.

Moving on .....

Scouse reply incoming... |)

Nah. His obsession (that isn't an obsession ;)) is now more cute than frustrating.

In some messed up, masochistic way.

Liverpool came back up in 1962. In the proceeding 53 seasons, they've only finished lower than 5th on 10 occasions, and never lower than 8th. A consistency NO other club has shown over the period.

Now I was never the best at maths, but a 'mid table club' that doesn't equate to.

Moving on .....

I really do not care about Liverpools history or subsequent fall to an upper mid table team for the last 6 years. There's a Liverpool thread for that. Put it away gentlemen

Considering he is not even executing the basics there is every chance he could be. Says a lot that Evans would improve your back line

And that ****storm at centre half and 'keeper is a big reason why I foresee this year potentially being as bigger cluster**** as last.

And that ****storm at centre half and 'keeper is a big reason why I foresee this year potentially being a bigger cluster**** as last.
The issue is that your defensive coaching has been nonexistent under Rodgers, and was masked by your firepower, which is diminished with the loss of Suarez. The new coaches must change that.

The issue is that your defensive coaching has been nonexistent under Rodgers, and was masked by your firepower, which is diminished with the loss of Suarez. The new coaches must change that.

No ****. Stuns me how certain reds on here can't see that. We came within a game of winning the league with a historically bad rearguard 2 years back. We still have totally failed to address the most vulnerable area of the team, goalkeeper followed by centre half. And still have a fella' in charge who doesn't have the first idea how to organise a team defensively.

Instead, the answer is to strengthen the attacking options and hope you outscore the opposition.

It's the Keegan philosophy all over. Genius. Sighs.

Last edited:

Moving on .....

1962 lol.

I really do not care about Liverpools history or subsequent fall to an upper mid table team for the last 6 years. There's a Liverpool thread for that. Put it away gentlemen

Missed this one before I made my post.

Again point is Evans is more than good enough for midtable teams and you know which are those midtable teams ;)

No ****. Stuns me how certain reds on here can't see that. We came within a game of winning the league with a historically bad rearguard 2 years back. We still have totally failed to address the most vulnerable are of the team, goalkeeper followed by centre half. And still have a fella' in charge who doesn't have the first idea how to organise a team defensively.

Instead, the answer is to strengthen the attacking options and hope you outscore the opposition.

It's the Keegan philosophy all over. Genius. Sighs.
Ultimately it's why I don't think you will finish top 4. LVG on the other hand is building the kind of spine we had when we won the Champions League. Chelsea have that spine, City are thereabouts, and arsenal have solved their goalkeeper and defensive organisation issues in one stroke.

Ultimately it's why I don't think you will finish top 4. LVG on the other hand is building the kind of spine we had when we won the Champions League. Chelsea have that spine, City are thereabouts, and arsenal have solved their goalkeeper and defensive organisation issues in one stroke.

Preaching to the choir.

I expect nottin' more than a 5th/6th Europa placing. The most apathetic I've been going into a season in the 33 I've been going the match. And that's on top of an excellent window. Albeit with the most vulnerable areas left neglected. (Or wrongly addressed in the impending Benteke case.).

Preaching to the choir.

I expect nottin' more than a 5th/6th Europa placing. The most apathetic I've been going into a season in the 33 I've been going the match. And that's on top of an excellent window. Albeit with the most vulnerable areas left neglected. (Or wrongly addressed in the impending Benteke case.).
You need to have a near perfect window. There is still time, but I'm not convinced you are even looking that way.

Ive just though of the potential surprise forward. And he would be perfect: Antoine Griezmann

Ive just though of the potential surprise forward. And he would be perfect: Antoine Griezmann

But the price would be in 40-50Million range and he won't be a back up which means Rooney in midfield again.

Exactly what I was saying yesterday about Evans. He was our best defender 2 years running. But he had an older more experienced player in Rio or Vidic next to him most of the time so it was like he was in a comfort zone with less pressure. Then last season when he was looked upon as the senior defender by LVG, and no longer had Rio/Vidic next to him, its like the pressure completely got to him. Whereas Smalling stepped up and took control.

He would walk into any team below the top 6 easily. Imagine Evans next to Jagielka if Stones goes. That would be pretty decent I think. The question is if he'd see Jagielka as his Rio/Vidic or if he'd look upon himself as the one with the greater experience of the two. He may thrive on the pressure at a lower club so to speak, where mistakes wont be as magnified as much.

Yeah, Evans is good enough CB. He needs someone senior CB to lead the line or he should be able to at smaller clubs.

His ball playing ability is added bonus too. Evans is better than some of the CBs in the top half teams.

Yeah, striker is my main concern atm. With how much goals the midfield can potentially add , I'd expect a striker who can hold the ball well and make plays, not just point and shoot. Wilson and Chicharito can be great supersubs, but as a starters they are rather one-dimensional.

Back