The Manchester United Thread

Also Reece James was not our academy player. He was older than Shaw when we signed him. His brother Matt James was.

Here's a thought instead of spending millions converting another player into a striker. Why dont you give the highly rated wilson a chance. You never know he could excel like kane.

Here's a thought instead of spending millions converting another player into a striker. Why dont you give the highly rated wilson a chance. You never know he could excel like kane.
Wilson already is the 3rd striker. He's not the one with the issue. It's Hernandez

Then you also have Will Keane, who's injury set him back when he looked like he was on the cusp of the first-team at the time. And also Jesse Lingard, who was similar before going out on loan(?). We have our own to bleed in first.

Oftentimes when a promising youth player is absent for some time, a lot of people expect the worst. As if that one injury completely diminishes their potential. And when they come back, they forget how decent they were.

Been reading (and liking some posts - mainly Mike's) the discussion about new CFs, Depay and, erm, Draxler.

Despite the fact that Im with Mike on this Zzeezzy does have a point in that we need a new goal scoring CF because:

1. Rooney WILL get injured and have dry patches as is his wont.
2. Chicharito, much as I love him is a poacher and as such is not suited to a 433 like LVG wants to play it.
3. Wilson is still unproven and cant be relied on as your main goal threat.
4. Whether the IFs on either side of the CF in LVG's 433 will contribute in scoring depends to an extent on whether the CF can play in that role within a 433. And only Rooney can.

Then you also have Will Keane, who's injury set him back when he looked like he was on the cusp of the first-team at the time. And also Jesse Lingard, who was similar before going out on loan(?). We have our own to bleed in first.

Oftentimes when a promising youth player is absent for some time, a lot of people expect the worst. As if that one injury completely diminishes their potential. And when they come back, they forget how decent they were.

After the American tour with Moyes, I atually wanted us to keep Lingard and break him into the squad because on that tour, he looked the better to me between him and Januzaj. Then every year it seems we send him on loan, he does really well, get him back and take him on tour, is always one of our better performers, then go back and send him on loan again. This will be the third year. Lets see if he goes on loan again, and keep Januzaj, who I think of the two could actually benefit from a loan playing week in week out at Premiership Level, and I think Lingard would have more of an impact in games off the bench that Januzaj anyway.

Been reading (and liking some posts - mainly Mike's) the discussion about new CFs, Depay and, erm, Draxler.

Despite the fact that Im with Mike on this Zzeezzy does have a point in that we need a new goal scoring CF because:

1. Rooney WILL get injured and have dry patches as is his wont.
2. Chicharito, much as I love him is a poacher and as such is not suited to a 433 like LVG wants to play it.
3. Wilson is still unproven and cant be relied on as your main goal threat.
4. Whether the IFs on either side of the CF in LVG's 433 will contribute in scoring depends to an extent on whether the CF can play in that role within a 433. And only Rooney can.
2 is precisely why Hernandez is under threat. And why we are looking at Muller. It's all about the link play

Well guys...looks like I'm likely to change my name...sad that di maria won't stay to justify my profile name...

2 is precisely why Hernandez is under threat. And why we are looking at Muller. It's all about the link play

For me Muller and Benzema are the best two proper forwards for link up play. Would love to see them in the Prem

Well guys...looks like I'm likely to change my name...sad that di maria won't stay to justify my profile name...

Change to ******* Incredimaria?

I've just seen some baboon post on another forum that he wouldn't take any player at United in the Chelsea first team squad apart from Rooney and Schweinsteiger.

I'm all for giving credit where credit is due, they have a great team but there is no doubt that rival fans are under-estimating us for next season or just scared inside that we'll be a stronger force. (Probably the latter).

I think we're one CB away from challenging in most competitions. CL might be a stretch, but I expect a good showing. Striker will be icing on the cake.

All our good work can go to waste obviously if Di Maria goes and isn't replaced well, same goes for De Gea.

Last edited:
Chelsea don't really need anyone else to improve their squad. Schweinsteiger would improve any teams midfield, and Rooney alongside/behind Costa is just scary. So I understand that they'd only take those two.

I don't think people are underestimating us. The only person I've seen say close to anything of the sort is Scouse.

I think even without a CB, and keeping DDG, we'd challenge for the Premier League. 4th best defense last season with injuries galore and relying on two inexperienced defenders. Pretty good stat. This season if we have less injuries it should be better since McNair and Blackett would have more experience and improved from last season, it will go better.

Back