The Manchester United Thread

Thought the same, hope he can kick on and have a good season but he's going to have it real hard to make an impression.
What do you make to losing Di Maria? Which looks very likely.

Yeah, he is stronger now. Shaw said him and Januzaj took trainer to their holidays to have some sessions in Dubai. Both are in fine shape physically and fantastic attitude, shows how much they want to.

Re Di Maria, very disappointed but if the player wants to leave then they should be sold as long as club gets decent money. He didn't have much impact last season to worry about the loss, but if we can sign someone who fits Van Gaal's system then better. Team should be greater than sum of its parts and to do that you need players who are more team oriented.

Also id Di Maria doesn't want to stay and fight for his place and show his worth then it only shows his mentality. We need team of battlers and characters, not someone who just wants to **** off at very first opportunity.

Van Gaal: "I have to say Adnan was a big threat for 30 mins he played as a striker vs Barca ,better than Falcao was the whole of Last Season"

As good as the confirmation.
Apparently Rojo has had passport problems. If we lose ADM not to fussed tbh. We wont be missing anything, and most likely replace him with someone better fitting LVG style/phillosphy of play. Cant say anything bad about ADM tbh, could easily be his family not being happy which is fair enough.

Yeah, he is stronger now. Shaw said him and Januzaj took trainer to their holidays to have some sessions in Dubai. Both are in fine shape physically and fantastic attitude, shows how much they want to.

Re Di Maria, very disappointed but if the player wants to leave then they should be sold as long as club gets decent money. He didn't have much impact last season to worry about the loss, but if we can sign someone who fits Van Gaal's system then better. Team should be greater than sum of its parts and to do that you need players who are more team oriented.

Also id Di Maria doesn't want to stay and fight for his place and show his worth then it only shows his mentality. We need team of battlers and characters, not someone who just wants to **** off at very first opportunity.

True, really gutting to say the least to lose a world class player only a season after getting him. Even more so when we spent that much on him and he wants to flock off at the first opportunity to repay us. He usually starts at clubs in first season slow so he had much more to give. Despite his bad season still our top assist maker which says a lot really considering he wasn't near his best apart from opening few months.

Thought our team started to have the perfect mix of world class/experienced players and younger hot shots so to speak but now I think we might be lacking to win the league next season, unless we make two more signings. I really still want that CB but others don't seem to think it's that important. Pedro would be a decent signing but rather underwhelming.

Last edited:
Apparently Rojo has had passport problems. If we lose ADM not to fussed tbh. We wont be missing anything, and most likely replace him with someone better fitting LVG style/phillosphy of play. Cant say anything bad about ADM tbh, could easily be his family not being happy which is fair enough.
Who are you going to replace him with? He was undisputedly the best United player last season, despite dropping in form.

Who are you going to replace him with? He was undisputedly the best United player last season, despite dropping in form.
Pedro I hope. DDG was our best player tbh. Would even put Fellaini,Young and Carrick ahead last season tbh.

Pedro I hope. DDG was our best player tbh. Would even put Fellaini,Young and Carrick ahead last season tbh.

He was your top assist maker. The only player I can see capable of filling the void is Kevin De Bruyne. Alternatively, Mata and Januzaj can play that role.

He was your top assist maker. The only player I can see capable of filling the void is Kevin De Bruyne. Alternatively, Mata and Januzaj can play that role.

Top assist maker doesn't mean he was our best player.

I know there is more that Young offers but despite him having the best season I can remember for a long time he only got a measly 5 assists. Di Maria got double and played at not near what he was truly capable of throughout majority of season.

You can see Januzaj is lot stronger than he was last season. He has bulked up and he is just 20. Same with Wilson and it's idiotic to write anyone off so early.

Early? He has 56 apps and has done **** all in just about every one. Sterling is 2 months older and already showing enough talent to be key player of the squad for two seasons and earn 50 million transfer.

Owen was not physically strong when he broke through and PL was lot more physical in 90s, but he did fine

The 90s had so much space you could drive Boening 737 through the pitch without hitting anybody. Of course it was enough to just have a lot of pace.

Unfortunately the 90s where some time ago. Meanwhile most clubs started hiring continental managers who taught the locals modern football, where there's barely enough space to scratch your nose.

Same with Hernandez, he is not physically strong but his goal scoring record is very good.

As a super-sub, who comes in when people are on last legs, yeah.

As a starter he always sucked, which is why you loaned him out last year and got Falcao instead.

Top assist maker doesn't mean he was our best player.

Other that DDG, I can't see who else. Fellaini only contributed to parts of the second half of the season, while it was the same story for young. None of them matched Di Maria's contribution, even in form.

If ADM would leave I'd think a creative midfielder would be prefered over pedro imo. Someone like Eriksen or KdB if those are available.

I know there is more that Young offers but despite him having the best season I can remember for a long time he only got a measly 5 assists. Di Maria got double and played at not near what he was truly capable of throughout majority of season.
Its not all about assist, its what you offer to the whole team. Young offered a **** of a lot more than ADM ever looked liked doing.

Back