The Manchester United Thread

Its not all about assist, its what you offer to the whole team. Young offered a **** of a lot more than ADM ever looked liked doing.

But what they look like doing isn't what counts, it's ultimately what they actually do/give to the team, Di Maria gave a lot despite being **** by his standards a lot of the time as well.

I can remember moments where he done passes that lead to big chances that Young could only dream of doing in his sleep.

Other that DDG, I can't see who else. Fellaini only contributed to parts of the second half of the season, while it was the same story for young. None of them matched Di Maria's contribution, even in form.
What rubbish were was ADM defensive contribution were was his defensive contribution was even poor passing and giving away needless possession and just running into trouble losing the ball for most parts.

Early? He has 56 apps and has done **** all in just about every one. Sterling is 2 months older and already showing enough talent to be key player of the squad for two seasons and earn 50 million transfer.

Yeah because all players are same and are expected same development curve. He has done **** all in every game? Then you missed more than half of his game playing for Moyes.

The 90s had so much space you could drive Boening 737 through the pitch without hitting anybody. Of course it was enough to just have a lot of pace.

Yeah, shoot more excuses. 90s was lot more physical and early 00s Veron couldn't even adjust to the pace of the league and that's when Owen was scoring for fun.

Unfortunately the 90s where some time ago. Meanwhile most clubs started hiring continental managers who taught the locals modern football, where there's barely enough space to scratch your nose.

And still raped in Europe as intelligent players just picks the space and knows how to hurt the teams. Teams are physical but they don't press like Barca, Atletico, Bayern.

As a super-sub, who comes in when people are on last legs, yeah.

As a starter he always sucked, which is why you loaned him out last year and got Falcao instead.

I don't even think you watch ManUtd. You just make posts for the sake of it.
Hernandez started most of the games in his first season and scored goals. Even when Berba was our top scorer he was ditched because Hernandez was better playing with Rooney.

After that with Welbeck coming back from loan and next year signing RVP, Hernandez was used as sub. Hernandez was sent out on loan as he wanted out after long way down in the pecking order.

But what they look like doing isn't what counts, it's ultimately what they actually do/give to the team, Di Maria gave a lot despite being **** by his standards a lot of the time as well.

I can remember moments where he done passes that lead to big chances that Young could only dream of doing in his sleep.
LVG stated many times last season the faults of ADM after matches asying he needs to improve on his ball retention, passing and positional play. No matter how you try and twist it Young offered far more than ADM to the all round team performance/results last season. May not have the amount of assists, but his defensive work and out let on the attack was very good. Also his link up play with Blind/Shaw was good in an attacking sense. Wont miss ADM one bit tbh.

Other that DDG, I can't see who else. Fellaini only contributed to parts of the second half of the season, while it was the same story for young. None of them matched Di Maria's contribution, even in form.

Carrick - His contribution to the winning games was lot higher and without him we lost games.
Herrera
Rooney
Smalling

all had better season than Di Maria.

Going by your logic, Di Maria was among top 5 players in the league.

Yeah because all players are same and are expected same development curve.

Development curve? This isn't football manager, attacking player shouldn't need 56 apps of warm up before he can do anything useful.

He has done **** all in every game? Then you missed more than half of his game playing for Moyes.

I didn't miss any games. I certainly missed Januzaj doing great in them though. Because it never happened.

early 00s Veron

Did you just seriously compared midfielder to a striker?

Brilliant.

raped in Europe

Lolwut.

I don't even think you watch ManUtd.

Convincing argument. Well, just about as good as all the others.

[You just make posts for the sake of it.

Lol. You're quite you mad aren't you? Well I apologise If I interrrupted your masturbation session over great footballing talents of serial diver with 56 apps and nothing to show for it.

Hernandez was sent out on loan as he wanted out after long way down in the pecking order.

Er, yes. He fell down in the pecking order because he was ****. That's your attempt at convincing me that wasn't ****? Lol. I don't even.

Last edited:
Development curve? This isn't football manager, attacking player shouldn't need 56 apps of warm up before he can do anything useful.

Exactly. This isn't football manager where you check PA and think player won't make it. Just because 1 player made a big money move as a teenage doesn't mean others who didn't are useless.

Rooney was a superstar at 18, Henry was still finding his feet moving clubs at that age and beyond that. Who had better career? Same Eto'o.

I didn't miss any games. I certainly missed Januzaj doing great in them though. Because it never happened.

Then it must be his twin brother who had all the good games when Moyes was manager.

Did you just seriously compared midfielder to a striker?

Brilliant.

Do you even know what you argue about? You mentioned how players don't get time to think in PL now and how much time they had in 90s. Doesn't matter midfielder or striker, players didn't have time back then and league was lot more physical but players like Owen scored so easily.

Check CL in last few years and come back. None bar Chelsea have done anything respectable.

Convincing argument. Well, just about as good as all the others.

Im convinced as I remember you picking clubs every season to support. I don't watch every single Liverpool, City game because I don't support them.

Lol. You're quite you mad aren't you? Well I apologise If I interrrupted your masturbation session over great footballing talents of serial diver with 56 apps and nothing to show for it.

You call that masturbation? Showing your age so easily.

Er, yes. He fell down in the pecking order because he was ****. That's your attempt at convincing me that wasn't ****? Lol. I don't even.

Eh? How about signing better players? Cech wasn't **** just because he was benched, better player was signed. You logic is just facepalm worthy.

There is middleground between **** and great player. All the benched players aren't **** and when players like RVP are signed, players like Hernandez will be benched.

You are one of those (with few others too here) who thinks player is either great or ****.

I hope di Maria leaves as no player is bigger than he club and if he wants out then and he doesn't have the mentality to fight for his place then he has no place at United. If he does go then the iconic no7 shirt will be available. Who will wear it this season, current player or new signing, ronaldo,bale,pedro,zlatan? Also if we get 45 million for him then our net spen is something like 60million and with the amount if wages we have saved this summer then lvg will still have 100 million+ to spend and we still haven't made a marquee signing.

fca4833ccb7fe473955b2fb4f921510a_normal.jpeg
James Ducker
@DuckerTheTimes Regardless of whether a move to PSG is imminent, if your employer tells you to get on a plane you get on a plane. Abysmal not to do #mufc

If true. Very unprofessional imo, and would rather he left.

As good as ADM is as a player, we won't miss him much because he really wasn't playing well for us anyway. And from his quote last season it's evident that he prefers PSG. If him leaving means more game time for the likes of Lingard and Pereira then I'm all for it.

Back