The Manchester United Thread

Friendly or not that was a very good performance from all the lads. Great defensive shape as a unit, and looked dangerous going forward. SPECIAL shout out to Blind after all the slagging off he has taken today saying he cant play CB. Shows some people know **** all what there talking about!

Januzaj played as striker and did well. Maybe he might get few mins this season as striker.

Are you really saying a front 3 of Neymar, Messi and Saurez isn't fearsome? Messi alone is fearsome. Add in Neymar and Saurez and they are terrifying.

I said apart from the attack.... are my words in chinese or something?

This Barca side is not as good as the one we played in 2009 UCL Final overall I'd say. Xavi and Iniesta in their prime were different class totally.

Reading the RMC in France report, it says AdM still hasn't agreed terms with PSG and if they don't sign AdM they'll go after de Bruyne as Plan B

Reading the RMC in France report, it says AdM still hasn't agreed terms with PSG and if they don't sign AdM they'll go after de Bruyne as Plan B

More than them reporting it, all over pretty much he's gone. Including Sky Sports just mentioning expect him to move at start of this week, guess that means Monday.

vR3D6qe0_normal.jpeg
Tom Coast @thcoast Maybe they are all wrong. At the end of the day, you know as well as I do that a transfer isn’t done until its done.

Nothing like a bit of backtracking.

Enjoyable watch for a friendly. Both managers should be happy with that.

Barcelona as good as ever in possession. Their turnover of movement is an absolute joy to watch and on another day would of yielded far more than the 1 it did. Utd had a far better defensive shape than last year and Depay is getting an understanding with Rooney.

I'll leave the negatives as some folk get far too defensive and leave it at a very enjoyable game of football with positives to take for both managers.

More than them reporting it, all over pretty much he's gone. Including Sky Sports just mentioning expect him to move at start of this week, guess that means Monday.
Its all bollocks. The same paper has said in the last 4 weeks that PSG are close to signing Carvalho 45m euros, Lacazette 38m euros, Now bid 120m for Ronaldo and been saying ADM is signing for about the last 5 weekends.

Nothing on BeIN sports in France covering the Barca match yet, haven't even mentioned AdM at all tonight on BeIN Sports.

Then you didnt see them last season, because they were vicious. If you dont think that Barca side is fearsome then its no surprised you dont see us as fearsome.

I actually meant average by their standards, their attack is still as good as ever don't get me wrong but I still feel we faced a stronger team in 2009 CL Final, Puyol and then Xavi/Iniesta in their prime was as good as anything.

BeinSports just mentioned it, says "if true" will be very good for PSG. But no agreement as of yet. All English journos just rehashing from French stories.

Januzaj played as striker and did well. Maybe he might get few mins this season as striker.

Easy when the entire opposing team is pressing on United half and the only remaining defender is smaller then him. Neither of which will happen in PL. In PL he would just be pushed off the ball and dive, which is all he ever did last year.

Same with Wilson. He's a dazzling talent, great pace and first touch, but I don't see him having much of a career in a club that mostly needs to break tightly packed defenses. Player like that needs space.

Easy when the entire opposing team is pressing on United half and the only remaining defender is smaller then him. Neither of which will happen in PL. In PL he would just be pushed off the ball and dive, which is all he ever did last year.

Same with Wilson. He's a dazzling talent, great pace and first touch, but I don't see him having much of a career in a club that mostly needs to break tightly packed defenses. Player like that needs space.

Not quite true. Both have a long way to go, but both can deal with lack of space in different ways.

Wilson is happy dropping deep, and Januzaj is good on the half turn and spin.

I still feel Mata and Depay's positions need to be switched, Depay pretty much negated by biscuits and Mata didn't take on full backs, has no real pace to do so either. A player like Depay would thrive having more space on the flanks surely?

Last edited:
I still feel Mata and Depay's positions need to be switched, Depay pretty much negated by biscuits and Mata didn't take on full backs, has no real pace to do so either. A player like Depay would thrive having more space on the flanks surely?
I actually think that was part of LVG plan on Busquets. Put Depay on him when out of possession then run off him in attack with his pace when we had the ball, which he did well a few times. Busquets was quite imo. Memphis and Rooney are getting a good understanding. Anyway Le Masia 1- Utd Academy 2 :)

I actually think that was part of LVG plan on Busquets. Put Depay on him when out of possession then run off him in attack with his pace when we had the ball, which he did well a few times. Busquets was quite imo. Memphis and Rooney are getting a good understanding. Anyway Le Masia 1- Utd Academy 2 :)

Calm down kiddo, calm down. It's only pre-season.

You can see Januzaj is lot stronger than he was last season. He has bulked up and he is just 20. Same with Wilson and it's idiotic to write anyone off so early.

Btw, both Januzaj and Wilson's close control is much better than Rooney and they will ad strength as they progress.

Owen was not physically strong when he broke through and PL was lot more physical in 90s, but he did fine. Same with Hernandez, he is not physically strong but his goal scoring record is very good.

You can see Januzaj is lot stronger than he was last season. He has bulked up and he is just 20. Same with Wilson and it's idiotic to write anyone off so early.

Btw, both Januzaj and Wilson's close control is much better than Rooney and they will ad strength as they progress.

Owen was not physically strong when he broke through and PL was lot more physical in 90s, but he did fine. Same with Hernandez, he is not physically strong but his goal scoring record is very good.

Thought the same, hope he can kick on and have a good season but he's going to have it real hard to make an impression.
What do you make to losing Di Maria? Which looks very likely.

Last edited:
Back