The Manchester United Thread

Do you really think the fear factor is mythical? I don't and always thought it gave the team a psychological edge over teams, particularly with Fergie in charge. Random subject I know.

The point is an improved Di Maria would of took us to the next level and would of offered a lot that we could of done with this season lets be honest. Not a big fan of Mata on the right but if he gets injured who do you suddenly turn to that can be relied upon to deliver? Same can be asked for the other side with Young if Memphis is playing different position, personally I don't like him there with Rooney but each to their own.
Di Maria would not improve as its clear he don't want to be here. And your forgetting the window is still open to improve the wide/STR position.

If this back and forth rages after a (albeit fortuitous) victory over the best side in Europe in a competitive friendly; the meltdown in here if you fail to beat Tottenham on opening day could well make this a thread to avoid.

The only meltdown will be from zzeezzy, as ever. Not sure why you think otherwise.

Hardly fortuitous!

Any other day Suarez himself has a hat-trick. Let's not go overboard here.

There was a lot of positives I'd take as a Utd fan along with things that would still concern me. Be happy with those positive improvements rom last year and the development without going over board on how last night played out. Which is no bad thing as Barcelona are what they are and I don't see anyone stopping them retaining it this year.

There was a lot of positives I'd take as a Utd fan along with things that would still concern me. Be happy with those positive improvements rom last year and the development without going over board on how last night played out. Which is no bad thing as Barcelona are what they are and I don't see anyone stopping them retaining it this year.

On another day United score 6, but we didnt and he didnt so it's irrelevant. No one is going overboard either. Seriously wind in this lecturing patronisng tone. ******* ****, it's not like we know nothing about football, despite what you might think. Jesus.

Not going over board tbh. Just don't think its fortuitous as your making out, and we actually played some good football with good tactical discipline.

Blind was suprisingly good, expect his position to be taken by Rojo though, as its clear LVG wants a left footed ball player there and rojo is more of a CB than Blind is, but could be competition between the two. It really says very little for the two footed Evans though.

Last edited:
Not going over board tbh. Just don't think its fortuitous as your making out, and we actually played some good football with good tactical discipline.

It was a good performance for a pre season friendly, some things to take away, and some to work on. Really not much more to it. always nice to beat Barca and see some youth do a decent job

On another day United score 6, but we didnt and he didnt so it's irrelevant. No one is going overboard either. Seriously wind in this lecturing patronisng tone. ******* ****, it's not like we know nothing about football, despite what you might think. Jesus.

Why is anything remotely not pro-United 'patronising?' to you Mike.

Should that be what I throw I out every time I don't agree with something? Geez man, I've noted twice on the positive aspects I'd take from Utd's performance last night.

Sorry I had the gall to even moot any negatives. I shall go back to letting you argue about Di Maria.

Blind was suprisingly good, expect his position to be taken by Rojo though, as its clear LVG wants a left footed ball player there. It really says very little for the two footed Evans though.
Yes was saying the same for Blind last night after the meltdown of some of the fans towards him playing there. His reading of the game and positional sense is what really stands out and allows him to play many roles for us. Also gives us another option which is handy. Agree Rojo will replace him though. Evans must surely be out the door.

Should that be what I through I out every time I don't agree with something? Geez man, I've noted twice on the positive aspects I'd take from Utd's performance last night.

Sorry I had the gall to even moot any negatives. I shall go back to letting you argue about Di Maria.

I think we can moot our own negatives thanks.

You keep telling us to stop going overboard when er... no one is.

Last edited:

Should that be what I throw I out every time I don't agree with something? Geez man, I've noted twice on the positive aspects I'd take from Utd's performance last night.

I'm wondering the same, any opinion that I share that affects United like losing a world class player is suddenly me apparently being negative unnecessarily.

Yes was saying the same for Blind last night after the meltdown of some of the fans towards him playing there. His reading of the game and positional sense is what really stands out and allows him to play many roles for us. Also gives us another option which is handy. Agree Rojo will replace him though. Evans must surely be out the door.

He was far more assured than Jones, who needs to calm down. He needs a player like Ramos to educate him, although the idea of Phil Jones learning from Ramos is unsettling...

I'm wondering the same, any opinion that I share that affects United like losing a world class player is suddenly me apparently being negative unnecessarily.

We never had a world class player. We had a good player. The world class di Maria never turned up, and doesnt look like he wants to, quite literally.

It was a good performance for a pre season friendly, some things to take away, and some to work on. Really not much more to it. always nice to beat Barca and see some youth do a decent job
Another thing that has surprised me on a few Forums is the negative comments about Schneiderlin. I thought he was good last night doing the simple things, like filling in for the FBs/CBs when they step out and putting out fires infront of the back 4 and allowing Carrick to be more forward in both passing and movement. Was not out of this world just did his job imo.

In an ideal world he would buckle down, much like Ozil did. The reality is that he just skipped his flight despite being ordered on the plane, presumably to sign for PSG

If the idea is that only United fans can criticize Manchester United then why even bother having a forum with a mixture of fans of different teams?

He was far more assured than Jones, who needs to calm down. He needs a player like Ramos to educate him, although the idea of Phil Jones learning from Ramos is unsettling...
Jones needs to stop thinking he can win the unwinnable and just stay on his feet when following the STR deep. God yes lol Ramos tutoring Jones :O

If the idea is that only United fans can criticize Manchester United then why even bother having a forum with a mixture of fans of different teams?

Pretty sure that's not what I said. It's this whole stop going overboard, when not a single person has, as if we havent been here before.

We never had a world class player. We had a good player. The world class di Maria never turned up, and doesnt look like he wants to, quite literally.

I know that...... but he is still capable of doing things other players could only dream of or simply aren't capable of. It's nice to have someone in your team who can offer that at any moment despite how poorly they are playing.

Atletico Madrid is a bit of a silly example, they had a very good team and a better defence than us at the time so lets just leave it at that. I'd take Griezzmann any day of the week over Pedro, I don't even rate Pedro that much, only wanted him as a squad option as we're lacking for good cover.

Oh and to ThearteofDreams, I never said we needed a team of stars at all, fact of the matter is we don't even have many... Rooney, Mata, Schweinsteiger? That's the only truly 'stars' all the population would class as.

Edit: De Gea as well.

Last edited:

In the context of the two posts between myself and Theatre regarding last nights game, I thought he was when he took issue with the 'fortuitous' victory line. Two differing views. Nothing more, nothing less.

But as folk are getting ridiculously antsy this morning, I shall let you get back to the the debate at hand over the Argentinian.

Back