The Manchester United Thread

In the context of the two posts between myself and Theatre regarding last nights game, I thought he was when he took issue with the 'fortuitous' victory line. Two differing views. Nothing more, nothing less.

But as folk are getting ridiculously antsy this morning, I shall let you get back to the the debate at hand over the Argentinian.
No mate not at all. Just thought we played some good Footy. They could have scored more we could. No more no less :)

I know that...... but he is still capable of doing things other players could only dream of or simply aren't capable of. It's nice to have someone in your team who can offer that at any moment despite how poorly they are playing.

Atletico Madrid is a bit of a silly example, they had a very good team and a better defence than us at the time so lets just leave it at that. I'd take Griezzmann any day of the week over Pedro, I don't even rate Pedro that much, only wanted him as a squad option as we're lacking for good cover.

Oh and to ThearteofDreams, I never said we needed a team of stars at all, fact of the matter is we don't even have many... Rooney, Mata, Schweinsteiger? That's the only truly 'stars' all the population would class as.

of course its nice, its indisputable how good he can be. But that isn't what we had or are getting, or he is even willing to work at. The question is you think playing hardball with him would drive him on. I'm not convinced it would considering he missed a flight, stark contrast to De Gea.

Not a silly example at all. You talked about fear factor. I showed you a team that did it without fear factor. whether they are better or not wasn't the point.

Pedro has been doing what Griezmann is doing now for years. Griezmann isnt as quick, but is more spiky as a player.

That said, I dont really criticise his doing it this way, after Rojo did the same to move here.

Yup, as noted last night, good positives from both managers to take from a very enjoyable watch for a friendly.
Yep a lot better than most friendlies I have watched this pre season. Lets just hope that translates into a good league start. And not that like last season :P

of course its nice, its indisputable how good he can be. But that isn't what we had or are getting, or he is even willing to work at. The question is you think playing hardball with him would drive him on. I'm not convinced it would considering he missed a flight, stark contrast to De Gea.

Not a silly example at all. You talked about fear factor. I showed you a team that did it without fear factor. whether they are better or not wasn't the point.

Pedro has been doing what Griezmann is doing now for years. Griezmann isnt as quick, but is more spiky as a player.

No matter how you look at it Di Maria to Pedro is a big downgrade, Pedro's not exactly done hardly anything past few seasons either and isn't capable of what Di Maria is. He can be a good player but nothing more.

Yep a lot better than most friendlies I have watched this pre season. Lets just hope that translates into a good league start. And not that like last season :P

One would hope with the solid (on paper at least) strengthening a lot of the 'lesser' teams have done; the league can't be as poor a quality overall as it has been the least two seasons.

No matter how you look at it Di Maria to Pedro is a big downgrade, Pedro's not exactly done hardly anything past few seasons either and isn't capable of what Di Maria is. He can be a good player but nothing more.

Pedro is a very good player, he's also an undeniably better goal scorer. Di Maria isnt also capable of the lethality he has. Different styles. it's also not a big downgrade if that Di Maria isn't going to turn up.

Pedro is a very good player, he's also an undeniably better goal scorer. Di Maria isnt also capable of the lethality he has. Different styles. it's also not a big downgrade if that Di Maria isn't going to turn up.

One thing is for sure that a team like United will not want to be seen losing two of their best players in space of two seasons with De Gea and Di Maria. Especially De Gea on a free to Madrid, that's going to hurt more than anything. So I guess this prepares us well for more disappointment.

This is all assuming its all on Pedro. Window still isnt closed.

One thing is for sure that a team like United will not want to be seen losing two of their best players in space of two seasons with De Gea and Di Maria. Especially De Gea on a free to Madrid, that's going to hurt more than anything. So I guess this prepares us well for more disappointment.

I don't even know what this means?

Think this is what people are forgetting is pedro that much of a downgrade on last seasons ADM no not really, also he fits into a 4-3-3 seamlessly

Think this is what people are forgetting is pedro that much of a downgrade on last seasons ADM no not really, also he fits into a 4-3-3 seamlessly

Why do we always keep reverting back to last season's ADM? Does this give us some comfort that Pedro will come in and make us finish 4th again if he's not much of a downgrade like you say.

The hope was that Di Maria would be more effective and take us to the next level, he can only be as bad as that one season and not two. Sadly for us we won't find out. Look at Copa America though, he was back to his older self shall we say.

Losing two world-class names in the space of a year in Di Maria and De Gea looks bad for any big club.

last time I checked neither had gone yet. And whether it looks bad depends on what you do in the mean time. Pretty sure one world class player just arrived.

Why do we always keep reverting back to last season's ADM? Does this give us some comfort that Pedro will come in and make us finish 4th again if he's not much of a downgrade like you say.

The hope was that Di Maria would be more effective and take us to the next level, he can only be as bad as that one season and not two. Sadly for us we won't find out. Look at Copa America though, he was back to his older self shall we say.
HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE! We will still have the ADM of last season because he wants to move, thats why we keep reverting back.

Because at the moment he doesn't seem happy and doesn't look like he has the same proffesionality like De Gea, who is still trying his best during the matches, while ADM did go on the plane and seemingly forcing a transfer. So if you look at what you have right now, an unhappy player who doesn't give his all or probably a winger with also a great CV who wants to prove something so he can play in the NT, I can see why people would prefer Pedro... (altough I don't rate him as high as others do).

Because at the moment he doesn't seem happy and doesn't look like he has the same proffesionality like De Gea, who is still trying his best during the matches, while ADM did go on the plane and seemingly forcing a transfer. So if you look at what you have right now, an unhappy player who doesn't give his all or probably a winger with also a great CV who wants to prove something so he can play in the NT, I can see why people would prefer Pedro... (altough I don't rate him as high as others do).

I'd love us to throw a loop and bid for Reus. Which would serve to doubly annoy Madrid.

HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE! We will still have the ADM of last season because he wants to move, thats why we keep reverting back.

NOR DOES DE GEA, BUT THAT'S NOT BEING MADE EASY IS IT? Same with Ramos at Madrid, he wants out now and you don't see Madrid suddenly bow to his demands and sell him at first opportunity.

NOR DOES DE GEA, BUT THAT'S NOT BEING MADE EASY IS IT? Same with Ramos at Madrid, he wants out now and you don't see Madrid suddenly bow to his demands and sell him at first opportunity.

If you cant see the difference between the behaviour of the two players then you won't get the point.

Back