The Manchester United Thread

NOR DOES DE GEA, BUT THAT'S NOT BEING MADE EASY IS IT? Same with Ramos at Madrid, he wants out now and you don't see Madrid suddenly bow to his demands and sell him at first opportunity.
Yes but at least DDG is showing us on the pitch he will give his all nonetheless ADM has done anything but the opposite.

Losing two world-class names in the space of a year in Di Maria and De Gea looks bad for any big club.

Di Maria, all things considered, wouldn't look as bad if you'd not well overpaid for him at the start. Had you paid somewhere around what your now reported to soon be receiving back; the loss 1 year in wouldn't look half as bad.

To a wider point on Di Maria, sometimes great players, what ever reason, just don't fit at certain clubs and in certain leagues. We had one in Morientes. Fantastic footballer. Great for Real, Monaco and Spain. Came to England and Liverpool and nothing he did went for him. Went back to Spain, and it was like he was never away. It just is what it is.

Di Maria, all things considered, wouldn't look as bad if you'd not well overpaid for him at the start. Had you paid somewhere around what your now reported to soon be receiving back; the loss 1 year in wouldn't look half as bad.

To a wider point on Di Maria, sometimes great players, what ever reason, just don't fit at certain clubs and in certain leagues. We had one in Morientes. Fantastic footballer. Great fro Real, Monaco and Spain. Came to England and Liverpool and nothing he did went for him. Went back to Spain, and it was like he was never away. It just is what it is.

The deal is currently 51m, which is what we should have paid in the first place (well I say 55m)

Why do we always keep reverting back to last season's ADM? Does this give us some comfort that Pedro will come in and make us finish 4th again if he's not much of a downgrade like you say.

The hope was that Di Maria would be more effective and take us to the next level, he can only be as bad as that one season and not two. Sadly for us we won't find out. Look at Copa America though, he was back to his older self shall we say.

you have signed 1 world class CM, one potentially world class CM, Depay who has scary potential and looks to be at a good level currently too. Darmian also looks to be tidy business and you look like you're in for a CB and also keeping probably one of the best if not the best GK in the world.

Also throw in Rooney, mata and also Herrerra looking something special I would not think if ADM evrn leaves everything falls apart especially if you're in for Pedro who IMO fits the system better and knowing Woodward may even get another big name player too. I seriously wouldn't worry about ADM if he doesnt want to be there you're better off with someone else.

Last edited:

To a wider point on Di Maria, sometimes great players, what ever reason, just don't fit at certain clubs and in certain leagues. We had one in Morientes. Fantastic footballer. Great for Real, Monaco and Spain. Came to England and Liverpool and nothing he did went for him. Went back to Spain, and it was like he was never away. It just is what it is.
And tbh the loss might not be that bad, dependent on the payments/bonuses etc. Im sure ED wont just bow to there demands and make as little loss as possible, even if we make some back on performance/appearenence based fees.

I'd love us to throw a loop and bid for Reus. Which would serve to doubly annoy Madrid.

Wouldn't put it past woodward at all to get a deal like that done. One thing to consider is that Pedro could have been a target irrespective of ADM, so money recouped could be thrown at another deal.

If you cant see the difference between the behaviour of the two players then you won't get the point.

Of course I can, but so what? There have been plenty of times players have been adamant about leaving our club and we've kept them despite their wishes. Oh and Idk who's that club captain who has kicked up a fuss two or three times...... PUBLICLY I might add? It hasn't even got to that stage with Di Maria but we're so right to sell.... ok.

I'll stop this debate now anyway, I'd rather keep Di Maria for another season than sell him to PSG and see how he really performs than see it elsewhere. If he doesn't act professional then so be it, he'll be in the limelight of everyone.

Wouldn't put it past woodward at all to get a deal like that done. One thing to consider is that Pedro could have been a target irrespective of ADM, so money recouped could be thrown at another deal.
That's what I though. It looked like we was going after him no matter what happened.

Of course I can, but so what? There have been plenty of times players have been adamant about leaving our club and we've kept them despite their wishes. Oh and Idk who's that club captain who has kicked up a fuss two or three times...... PUBLICLY I might add? It hasn't even got to that stage with Di Maria but we're so right to sell.... ok.

I'll stop this debate now anyway, I'd rather keep Di Maria for another season than sell him to PSG and see how he really performs than see it elsewhere. If he doesn't act professional then so be it, he'll be in the limelight of everyone.

Except he didnt actually want to leave. he wanted a better contract. Bit of a history change there.

If he doesn't act professional and we dont sign a replacement, it actively hurts our chances of winning. how does that make sense? You get him to buckle donw if you think he will actually respond to that.

And tbh the loss might not be that bad, dependent on the payments/bonuses etc. Im sure ED wont just bow to there demands and make as little loss as possible, even if we make some back on performance/appearenence based fees.

Squeeze the arabs for all their worth, they did pay 50m for Luiz after all.

Except he didnt actually want to leave. he wanted a better contract. Bit of a history change there.

If he doesn't act professional and we dont sign a replacement, it actively hurts our chances of winning. how does that make sense? You get him to buckle donw if you think he will actually respond to that.

We needed a squad player like Pedro regardless of what happened with Di Maria. Honestly lets just leave it now, you have your opinion, I have mine, nothing will change either.

We needed a squad player like Pedro regardless of what happened with Di Maria. Honestly lets just leave it now, you have your opinion, I have mine, nothing will change either.

So then whats to stop us trying to sign Pedro AND someone else?

I still want to know who this mystery player in the process is...

So then whats to stop us trying to sign Pedro AND someone else?

Nothing is stopping us at all, never said it did to be honest. But at this time of the window nothing is easy. In reality who else even is there without paying huge again? Pretty much no one.

Nothing is stopping us at all, never said it did to be honest. But at this time of the window nothing is easy. In reality who else even is there without paying huge again? Pretty much no one.
For highest calibre players, its never easy no matter when you try. You can only try and take advantage of a situation. Most of us thought BS would never get here, and yet here he is.

Which position would be nice :) whats your feeling? Mine is Rues or Griezmann.

Thhink whoever it would be would be capable of being a CF, and if LVG would have his way, would be a similar "calibre" as on point Di Maria.

which would be Muller, Reus, Griezmann

I suspect it will be none of these, because frankly I think LVG is mugging us all off.

Thhink whoever it would be would be capable of being a CF, and if LVG would have his way, would be a similar "calibre" as on point Di Maria.

I suspect it will be none of these, because frankly I think LVG is mugging us all off.

I just think it's Pedro to be honest, he's capable of playing as a false 9... how that suits LVG's system I don't know.

Would be funny if he is just mugging the press off :) Still expect 2-3 more signings though. If not the surprise signing.

Back