The Manchester United Thread

Why not? It's still very unprofessional to state publicly wanting to leave a club because you're just after a new contract. Different scenarios yes but Di Maria to my knowledge hasn't made anything public, only quotes I've seen during Copa America is that he wants to fight at United etc.

We can have all the money in the world but it means little when we can't sign players who are unavailable at this time.

I want him because he's a world-class player, pretty simple really, we only have a few and any team would look worse without him. Even at his worse by his standards last season got the most assists in the team. He can unlock defences with passes that no one else would even be capable of. It's always good to have a player who can create things from nothing even when playing poorly, he did it at times to get us crucial goals, people forget how good Di Maria was in first few months as well. Not at his best but still started off very well. Has a history of starting at clubs slow, always want to have at least another season from him.

IIRC club played their role nicely by leaking stuff and pressuring Rooney to sign new contract. At least he buckled down and offered a lot after the saga.

On the other hand, Di Maria might not have said anything in public but he has already agreed contract with PSG and forced Manutd to sell him. He even refused to join the squad which is Raheem Sterlingesque.

ADM has been proper cuntish in this no 2 ways about it. Enjoy France we will replace him, and have a good season in the process.

I'm sure certain people in here didn't rate Pedro few weeks back when we were linked with him, now suddenly think he's the perfect replacement for Di Maria? oO)

I'm sure certain people in here didn't rate Pedro few weeks back when we were linked with him, now suddenly think he's the perfect replacement for Di Maria? oO)
Only idiots who no nothing about football or just want a big name superstar. My only concern was about his ability as a STR in the Prem think was same issue for Mike also. Never once doubted his quality as a player. People doubting his pace must be daft, breezed past Darmian couple of times last night which is no easy feat.

Only idiots who no nothing about football or just want a big name superstar. My only concern was about his ability as a STR in the Prem think was same issue for Mike also. Never once doubted his quality as a player. People doubting his pace must be daft, breezed past Darmian couple of times last night which is no easy feat.

Actually on a more positive note Darmian was great again last night, looks different class to Valencia and actually has a brain. Not mocking Valencia at all as we know he is only makeshift and does his job to the best he can.

I'm not insulting Pedro either, he's far less creative than Di Maria but more efficient, will probably turn out to be a shrewd buy and fit into LVG's system better than Di Maria ever did if we get him. Just won't come up with the genius moments Di Maria did at times with his passes/assists from another realm. Pedro's lethal and more of a goal scorer which is handy as well. I've always not been against signing Pedro, just don't think he in himself is good enough replacement for Di Maria.

Problem we have with signing Pedro btw is that Barcelona's gentleman agreement to allow him to leave at 30m euros means that he'll only go when they are ready, which could be after the match against Sevilla in Super Cup. Which is no good for us because we obviously want him before that.

Last edited:
Actually on a more positive note Darmian was great again last night, looks different class to Valencia and actually has a brain. Not mocking Valencia at all as we know he is only makeshift and does his job to the best he can.

You'd of loved the Fox feed I was watching. Brad Friedel said you're still lacking a top class centre half to really challenge for him. For some reason I immediately thought of you lol.

I'm not insulting Pedro either, he's far less creative than Di Maria but more efficient, will probably turn out to be a shrewd buy and fit into LVG's system better than Di Maria ever did if we get him. Just won't come up with the genius moments Di Maria did at times with his passes/assists from another realm. Pedro's lethal and more of a goal scorer which is handy as well. I've always not been against signing Pedro, just don't think he in himself is good enough replacement for Di Maria.

Problem we have with signing Pedro btw is that Barcelona's gentleman agreement to allow him to leave at 30m euros means that he'll only go when they are ready, which could be after the match against Sevilla in Super Cup. Which is no good for us because was obviously want him before that.
Yes I agree Darmian could turn out to be a steal! And no its a big statement already, but has it all to be a top class CB at this rate. The Pedro dig was not aimed at you :) I just feel he will be a great fit for the team and how LVG wants to play, philosophy and all that stuff. Think Pedro could surprise you with those magic moments is better at dribbling than he gets credit for and has enough pace to be dangerous. Combine that with his clever movement and good touch and technique he could be a snip at 22m. We have enough players to manage without Pedro till that date. Good thing is he is still getting a good per season so wont take to long to get up to speed.

You'd of loved the Fox feed I was watching. Brad Friedel said you're still lacking a top class centre half to really challenge for him. For some reason I immediately thought of you lol.

He has a point to be fair, I've always thought CB was priority before this summer transfer window, nothing has made me change my mind. If we don't get one and have superman in goal, we may just, just, be about alright.

I'm assuming Blind won't be starting, Smalling and Jones I imagine it will be in first match,

He has a point to be fair, I've always thought CB was priority before this summer transfer window, nothing has made me change my mind. If we don't get one and have superman in goal, we may just, just, be about alright.

I'm assuming Blind won't be starting, Smalling and Jones I imagine it will be in first match,
Probably rojo. Blind has played because he wants a left footer ball player. That's Rojo. I think if we keep DDG, then we have just about enough but i would love to see us get otamendi. If he goes then nothing less than Ramos or Otamendi will do.
I think we all want a CB regardless

Probably rojo. Blind has played because he wants a left footer ball player. That's Rojo. I think if we keep DDG, then we have just about enough but i would love to see us get otamendi. If he goes then nothing less than Ramos or Otamendi will do.

Agree, forgot about the left footer thing but at the end of the day Jones & Smalling works well as a partnership so surely he should prefer them over replacing one with Blind?

Perhaps, only thing that makes me not think Rojo for first game is due to lack of pre-season.

Maybe we should stay well clear off Argentinian players. They don't settle well at the club.

Few rumours starting to come out we have an agreement with Pedro and agreed to pay Barca the 23m clause the club has with Pedro. Deal imminent.

New GK kit :)
adidas-manchester-united-15-16-goalkeeper-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Back