The Manchester United Thread

In the interview Mike posted, few parts are missed out.

"I think we still need more speed in front and also more creativity and that is why I want (Angel) Di Maria to stay, but, we don't know that so we will have to see,” he said.

"Bayern Munchen – they have Ribery and Robben. Chelsea have Hazard and Willian. Real Madrid: Ronaldo and Bale. Barcelona: Neymar and Messi.

"(Ashley) Young and (Juan) Mata had fantastic seasons with assists and goals but to win the Champions League you need speed also. That is why I think, maybe, we still have to buy a player with speed and creativity."

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal wants to sign a superstar | Football News | Sky Sports

Interesting to note he doesnt need it to in the PL, rather he is looking for that player for the CL

For me interesting bit was about Di Maria. Hopefully we will at least get big money for him

LVG has confirmed Romero is the 2nd choice keeper ready to come into first if De Gea leaves. The latter will only be allowed to leave if Ramos comes the other way.

LVG has confirmed Romero is the 2nd choice keeper ready to come into first if De Gea leaves. The latter will only be allowed to leave if Ramos comes the other way.

Romero as first choice is a disaster waiting to happen. He is not good keeper at all.

For Argentina he is not tested much because they have excellent defensive unit. Hopefully he is not our first choice even if De Gea leaves.

Romero as first choice is a disaster waiting to happen. He is not good keeper at all.

For Argentina he is not tested much because they have excellent defensive unit. Hopefully he is not our first choice even if De Gea leaves.

He's a solid organisational keeper, and I think he will be fine under Frans Hoek, who is even better than Steele. But you still want Ramos coming the other way if DDG leaves

They have no choice. DDG isnt going. so they have "patched up"

After being sooo disappointed that we ve lost ADM Im so over the moon that DDG is staying. And as you have said: a lot can happen in one year.

Their defense ain't anything special.

After being sooo disappointed that we ve lost ADM Im so over the moon that DDG is staying. And as you have said: a lot can happen in one year.

For now anyway. United are adamant he wont go unless we get Ramos, but I will be certain when the window closes

For now anyway. United are adamant he wont go unless we get Ramos, but I will be certain when the window closes

That I know - was going to say something about sending the right messages about our stature in world footie and the like but my boss suddenly walked in so had to send as it was ...

That I know - was going to say something about sending the right messages about our stature in world footie and the like but my boss suddenly walked in so had to send as it was ...

United have handled it exactly as they should so far, the fact that you have had other fans say it's nice to see clubs standing up to Madrid tells you a lot about how the spanish club is seen

Here's a question: If Huge Lloris hadnt broken his hand, would DDG still be at the club?

He's a solid organisational keeper, and I think he will be fine under Frans Hoek, who is even better than Steele. But you still want Ramos coming the other way if DDG leaves

He is not solid at all. Also Hoek is not a miracle worker, he can make good keepers better but not average into good ones. He is average and nothing more than that. Saying that we at least need numbers after moving out Valdes and Lindegaard not in favor at all.

Their defense ain't anything special.

Garay, Otamendi, Demichelis for CB options, Zabaleta as RB and Rojo as LB. That's a very solid defense and that is protected by one of the best defensive midfielder when it comes to defending in Mascha and also very defense minded Biglia. That's a proper defensive set up and they let other 4 attackers to do the damage.

Here's a question: If Huge Lloris hadnt broken his hand, would DDG still be at the club?

IMO yes. Lloris injury is nothing serious. He will be fit for the start of the season.

This is more about who will blink first. Good to see ManUtd holding their own for a player which we should be, after all we make excellent money.

IMO yes. Lloris injury is nothing serious. He will be fit for the start of the season.

This is more about who will blink first. Good to see ManUtd holding their own for a player which we should be, after all we make excellent money.

We should definitely break DDG's hand next summer...or both hands and legs. :D

He is not solid at all. Also Hoek is not a miracle worker, he can make good keepers better but not average into good ones. He is average and nothing more than that. Saying that we at least need numbers after moving out Valdes and Lindegaard not in favor at all.

Meh, he's not going to be first choice this season so why even worry? He's going to say something like potential first choice in future in order to make him fight for his place, right? Or else where is his ambition? LVG wouldn't want a mistake prone goalkeeper so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Also in this interview video on Sky Sports LVG says he wants Di Maria to stay because we need more creativity and pace in the team... if he goes... we will lack, no question about it. Pretty much what I've been saying all along but hey ho.

United want Di Maria to stay | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

Not sure it's the right kinda thing to say we need a superstar mind you, great way to push prices up unless you already have a player 'in the process' so to speak.

Back