The Manchester United Thread

I think we could afford the £25mil on Pedro without selling ADM

Oh yea, I didn't mean it like that really mate, badly worded lol.

I mean there is a gap in the team to fill which Pedro can go in for. I think the CM positions are sorted for United so its all about the wide players now

Andrea Pirlo has hailed Paul Scholes’ exceptional technical quality in an interview with Shortlist magazine (issue 383), believing that the former Manchester United great was certainly one of the best players of his generation.

Scholes, who now works as a TV pundit having hung up his boots back in 2013, won every major honour the club game has to offer.

The 40-year-old was a quiet figure off the pitch during his playing days but Pirlo, who recently joined MLS side New York City FC, insists that his quality on the ball spoke a 1,000 words.

Asked which English player past or present was the most comparable to the way he plays, the Italian World Cup Winner picked the former United midfielder.
“Paul Scholes was technically one of the best I have seen – not just one of the best Englishmen, but quite simply one of the best,” he said.

From Squawka

Time to seal Pedro, and aim for whoever this "special player is"

I really can't think who it'd be (if he exists!).

Going for Bale would be a laugh

I know who mine would be- Antoine Griezmann: 43m euro clause, plays across the front 4 and up front. Quick, spiky, left footed with a decent right, works hard in a system, but has lots of individual flair, can play him wide to when Rooney up front, good enough striker to play instead of him (22 league goals last season). and it would annoy Chelsea.

I know who mine would be- Antoine Griezmann: 43m euro clause, plays across the front 4 and up front. Quick, spiky, left footed with a decent right, works hard in a system, but has lots of individual flair, can play him wide to when Rooney up front, good enough striker to play instead of him (22 league goals last season). and it would annoy Chelsea.

Yeah I'd have a go for £30m. I've only watching him in European games and Vs Barca, Madrid etc so not seen huge amounts of him. Always looked lively.

Depay, Rooney, Pedro, Greizmann, Mata..... Not a bad set to have!!!

apcZamS.jpg

Andrea Pirlo has hailed Paul Scholes’ exceptional technical quality in an interview with Shortlist magazine (issue 383), believing that the former Manchester United great was certainly one of the best players of his generation.

Scholes, who now works as a TV pundit having hung up his boots back in 2013, won every major honour the club game has to offer.

The 40-year-old was a quiet figure off the pitch during his playing days but Pirlo, who recently joined MLS side New York City FC, insists that his quality on the ball spoke a 1,000 words.

Asked which English player past or present was the most comparable to the way he plays, the Italian World Cup Winner picked the former United midfielder.
“Paul Scholes was technically one of the best I have seen – not just one of the best Englishmen, but quite simply one of the best,” he said.

From Squawka

Its unbelievable just how badly English national team was handled during the golden generation.

You've had a midfielder that Xavi, Pirlo, Zidane, key midfielders for World Cup winning teams, publically hailed as their equal or even superior. But he was played out of position or even benched, because it had to be Lampard-Gerrard or some nonsense.

So many great ******* players and the highest they ever went was a quarter-final. Nuts.

Yep.....Scholes on the wing :@

Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, all behind the likes of Owen, Fowler and.... Heskey

Some reports in Spain now saying Ramos has no agreement and not signed a new contract and still wants to leave.

Can't wait to see how United will unveil Adidas kits. Adidas are hyping it so much and I'm loving it.

Very excited about the 3 lads signing there contracts. Top talents especially Gribbin! Williams must be one of the fastest players ive ever seen!

Back