The Manchester United Thread

Haven't bought a shirt since I don't know when.

Just don't do colours at games. Shrugs.

I'm the same.
Last jersey I wore had Beckham 10 on it (was a gift).

I'm more into the football itself and tend to ignore the fashion and social media wankology.

l6I_dN9-_normal.jpeg
Mohamed Bouhafsi

@mohamedbouhafsi
#DiMaria passe demain la visite médicale à Doha !!! #PSG #RMCsport

ADM Medical tomorrow in Doha.

Such a shame how this is ending and IMO Van Gaal is very wrong about Rafael.
Shame for Rafa yes. But I can also see why he is not in LVG plans also. If I were manager I would sell Valencia and have Rafa as back up. But more than happy for Valencia to be back up, because I don't think he was as bad as people make out last season. Plus he has experience we have lost so much of. Can see both sides. Oh and Darmian is going to be a beast :)

Shame for Rafa yes. But I can also see why he is not in LVG plans also. If I were manager I would sell Valencia and have Rafa as back up. But more than happy for Valencia to be back up, because I don't think he was as bad as people make out last season. Plus he has experience we have lost so much of. Can see both sides. Oh and Darmian is going to be a beast :)

Rafael has been at the club since 2008 and 3rd or 4th senior most player at the club. That's a lot of experience. Valencia's experience counts for nothing as he as not a LB. He was attacking winger till last season.

Rafael has been at the club since 2008 and 3rd or 4th senior most player at the club. That's a lot of experience. Valencia's experience counts for nothing as he as not a LB. He was attacking winger till last season.
Your right he is not a LB :P I still would not call Rafa experienced, not in term of how he plays and especially not what can be relied on for huge chunks of the season.

I think the biggest compliment I can pay Rafael is I'm VERY happy to see him leaving.

Rafa has a huge cult following, and he is great going forwards, he's also a red card waiting to happen, tactically indisiciplined and crucially injured every other day. That doesn't stop people being gutted he's leaving, me included.

Moutha-Sebtaoui has confirmed his arrival on instagram as well. U16s Belgian international GK from Standard Liege and will play in the u18s for us this season.

Last edited:
Your right he is not a LB :P I still would not call Rafa experienced, not in term of how he plays and especially not what can be relied on for huge chunks of the season.

Only issue with Rafael is his injury record.

Rafa has a huge cult following, and he is great going forwards, he's also a red card waiting to happen, tactically indisiciplined and crucially injured every other day. That doesn't stop people being gutted he's leaving, me included.

That's very unfair on Rafael. He is very good defending and not red card waiting to happen. He has total 2-3 red cards in his career and one of his red card wasn't even justified against Spurs. There aren't many full backs who can deal with players like Robinho, Hazard even after getting yellow very early in the game.

Point about Rafael is, when he makes clever fouls those will be called as inexperienced tackle but when Ivanovic makes those sly fouls those are called as professional ones.

Only issue with Rafael is his injury record. We all seen how good he was when he was not injured. Shame though it's all ended and ManUtd squad looks completely different. Only players left are Rooney and Carrick.

Only issue with Rafael is his injury record.

That's very unfair on Rafael. He is very good defending and not red card waiting to happen. He has total 2-3 red cards in his career and one of his red card wasn't even justified against Spurs. There aren't many full backs who can deal with players like Robinho, Hazard even after getting yellow very early in the game.

Point about Rafael is, when he makes clever fouls those will be called as inexperienced tackle but when Ivanovic makes those sly fouls those are called as professional ones.

Only issue with Rafael is his injury record. We all seen how good he was when he was not injured. Shame though it's all ended and ManUtd squad looks completely different. Only players left are Rooney and Carrick.
Not to bothered about the huge turn around in players tbh. Squad needed major work imo and was neglected in the latter stages in Fergies reign and Moyes did not do anything to try fixing it also. Plus the money on wages we have saved is a good thing imo.

Not to bothered about the huge turn around in players tbh. Squad needed major work imo and was neglected in the latter stages in Fergies reign and Moyes did not do anything to try fixing it also. Plus the money on wages we have saved is a good thing imo.

Squad needed major rework but that doesn't mean everyone was surplus to the requirement. Also so much turnover of players will always need lot of time to settle.

Another 'keeper? Who's Van Gaal think he is? Benitez? :P.

For academy, just 16 year old. For some reason ManUtd love collecting talented keepers at academy level.

Squad needed major rework but that doesn't mean everyone was surplus to the requirement. Also so much turnover of players will always need lot of time to settle.

For academy, just 16 year old. For some reason ManUtd love collecting talented keepers at academy level.
That depends on the manager tbh and if said players can play to his style/instructions. Im very happy with what LVG has done transfer wise tbh.

Back